• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Congrats!!!! bongoboy.:)
Minnesota is fast.

Hello everyone,

Firstly I have to reiterate how grateful I am to everyone sharing their valuable experience in this AOS process.
I had my Interview on Friday 6/21. I was asked to take an oath, and then the IO just went over all my paperwork and verified all the information I provided. I was asked to show my original Birth Certificate and my Tax returns for last year. She also asked for other proof of Income (I showed my paystubs) and also asked for other ID's that I could provide. The Interview went smooth. At the end, she told me that everything seems good, and I should expect a decision letter and GC in the next couple of weeks. I dont want to get too excited until I have the letter and the GC in my hand. At the moment my case status shows "Decision", and on Friday after the interview, I received an email alert from the USCIS Case alert system (which I signed up for), going from "Initial Review", then to "Card/Document Production" and now its on "Decision".

Has anyone else come up with such frequent fluctuation in the case Status? I really hope there isnt much to be concerned about. I am just waiting for the letter and hope it comes by soon.

Hi Ahmed,

Is your case status show initial review after biometric? or it's still acceptance? Mine is showing Acceptance. And one more thing, did you guys requested for email and text alert of USCIS to inform the case status changes?

Congrats!!!! bongoboy.:)
Minnesota is fast.

It is showing Acceptance. Just in case to check with FO I will do INFOPASS on July 9th. This is the earliest I got.
I hope I get Interview letter before that and same for all those who are waiting.

Hi Ahmed,

Is your case status show initial review after biometric? or it's still acceptance? Mine is showing Acceptance. And one more thing, did you guys requested for email and text alert of USCIS to inform the case status changes?

Hi I am a DV2013er, who became current in May. My FO is New York.
As some of us posted here, I am waiting for my interview (biometrics done as seen in my signature.)
Today, I became impatient and called USCIS, because none from NY FO seems to have gotten interview invitations since March (according to the "Spreadsheet".) The automated status check says that my case is still in Missouri(!). I was transferred to speak with a live person, but as expected, the officer I spoke was useless, even doesn't understand that we DVs will get expedite process. I asked to speak with a Tier 2 officer, but was told that all are busy and will call back in 3-5 business days. She suggested to go to FO to check to see if they will recognize the special expedite service for DV, but NY FO is completely full now to accept any INFOPASS appointment. In the light of this situation, would somebody recommend me what to do? Should I just wait until being called (leave my case whosoever the hand in Missouri)? By the way, do you have any idea why my case is in Missouri??? (Is it same route for everybody??) Thank you for your help in advance!!!

Our interview is tomorrow. Hold your fingers crossed people :)

I'll post our interview experience sometime tomorrow evening.

OK, did our interview today (FO: Chatsworth, CA) - here is a brief summary:
- there were a lot of people and we were called in approx. 2 hours after our original appointment time. The officer was very nice and apologized for the long wait.
- he asked us very few questions, since all paperwork was in our files
- he made copies of our IDs and passports
- double checked our electronic file
- he secured a DV # for us and provided us with a welcome letter
- said that the GC will arrive in three weeks, but most likely earlier

In a nutshell: quite a long wait before the interview (expect your appointment time to be an approximate), very nice, courteous, and well versed in DV cases officer, very few questions, and we did not have to prove/provide anything in addition to what was already in our file.

As you can see in my signature and earlier posts, our interview was scheduled one month and 22 days after the AOS packet was received, we have yet to receive our EAD and AP, and we did a bio walk-in almost three weeks before it was originally scheduled.

Our case status now changed for acceptance to decision.

We will now be awaiting the arrival of the mailman everyday :)

Again, thank you for all the help and assistance and we wish you all good luck. If we can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to PM us.

thereso one

As some of us posted here, I am waiting for my interview (biometrics done as seen in my signature.)
Today, I became impatient and called USCIS, because none from NY FO seems to have gotten interview invitations since March (according to the "Spreadsheet".) The automated status check says that my case is still in Missouri(!). I was transferred to speak with a live person, but as expected, the officer I spoke was useless, even doesn't understand that we DVs will get expedite process. I asked to speak with a Tier 2 officer, but was told that all are busy and will call back in 3-5 business days. She suggested to go to FO to check to see if they will recognize the special expedite service for DV, but NY FO is completely full now to accept any INFOPASS appointment. In the light of this situation, would somebody recommend me what to do? Should I just wait until being called (leave my case whosoever the hand in Missouri)? By the way, do you have any idea why my case is in Missouri??? (Is it same route for everybody??) Thank you for your help in advance!!!

Hi Kikiinny and others waiting for NY FO. I became current in April and did my biometrics 04/19/2013. I have not received an interview letter yet which has been quite frustrating. I was lucky to do an infopass yesterday at NY FO office (got the appointment 10 days ago or so). Our online application check shows also that our file is at Missouri. IO was nice and told us that our applications are in NY FO office. He was aware the fact DV cases are time sensitive. Even though he could not provide us a good estimate for our interview date, he confirmed that our interview should be scheduled before Sept 30 (relief but not much....). Then he told us that he is going to send a request to expedite our process on the basis of DV eligibility. Then he again said dont worry, we will take care about this before the deadline. Well, I suggest you to call and request a transfer to Level 2 and ask him/her to send a service request to expedite your process.

just noticed selected for year 2013

Hello,

I just noticed I have been selected for year 2013. I am wondering how long it takes for KCC to reply? I sent the forms and photos yesterday. how close the interview would be?
In my case, is there enough time for processing the visa? I am worry about it.

Also, I am preparing the documents? Is there any fund or bank statement needed for an interview?

Thanks for your help

Kikiiny i followed the same path and got no answers from phone support. I just wrote to our congressman yesterday, and also got an info pass appointment in july. Theres no other option than waiting. I hope all of our letters show up pretty soon.

I visited Field Office on Monday. Luckily or Unluckily the Officer at the window was the same one who took our interview a month ago. She does not remember anything even she put our case for further review due to pending I-131/waiting for A-file. We showed her the approved AP/EAD. She made a copy of that and said she will process the case for supervisor's review,and will take some time. She is aware that we need to get it done by Sept 30. Only concern is that every country is limited to 7% of DV quota, and not sure our case is already included or not.

Our online status still shows "Acceptance", and being reviewed at NAtional Benefits Center, Lee SUmmit, MO.

Today we received a letter from field Office stating that " Decision will be made on our I-485 with 45 days". Anyone received similar letter from Field Office?

Hopefully good thing. Just waiting to see when the status changes. If it do not by Next week, planning to call USCIS to talk to L2 officer...

Hey AOS,
Just wondering any updates on your case? How was ur infopass?

I visited Field Office on Monday. Luckily or Unluckily the Officer at the window was the same one who took our interview a month ago. She does not remember anything even she put our case for further review due to pending I-131/waiting for A-file. We showed her the approved AP/EAD. She made a copy of that and said she will process the case for supervisor's review,and will take some time. She is aware that we need to get it done by Sept 30. Only concern is that every country is limited to 7% of DV quota, and not sure our case is already included or not.

AOS,
This is a very weird situation. I do not remember reading about any1 being in the same situation as yours. But i think its moving in the right direction, and soon you will be receiving your GCs. The thing i hate is how some officers totally forget about cases, or take a wrong call. For them its a small thing, but for some1 like us its life changing.

I felt like it's the Field Office who can accelerate or decelerate the whole process. All I can do Is wait for next couple of weeks. Hoping things will go well. Looks like your application is cruising well.. Wish you all the best.. Keep us posted.

Friends,
We are current for July so I have to send the package on Saturday, Hope everything works fine for us:)
One question, I read somewhere that we should write on the margins of I-485 about expedite request and this time sensitive AOS category, is it right to write on the I-485 margins??
Is it better to stick some color papers on that and ask for expedite because of this kind of time- sensitive category?
And the last question, in G325A, the question about "this form is submitted in connection with an application for", should the primary applicant and spouse mark "Status as Permanent Resident"?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kikiinny and others waiting for NY FO. I became current in April and did my biometrics 04/19/2013. I have not received an interview letter yet which has been quite frustrating. I was lucky to do an infopass yesterday at NY FO office (got the appointment 10 days ago or so). Our online application check shows also that our file is at Missouri. IO was nice and told us that our applications are in NY FO office. He was aware the fact DV cases are time sensitive. Even though he could not provide us a good estimate for our interview date, he confirmed that our interview should be scheduled before Sept 30 (relief but not much....). Then he told us that he is going to send a request to expedite our process on the basis of DV eligibility. Then he again said dont worry, we will take care about this before the deadline. Well, I suggest you to call and request a transfer to Level 2 and ask him/her to send a service request to expedite your process.

Hi TAZ1981 and united1! Thank you for sharing your situation. I am relieved to see that I am not the only one, but actually have brothers and sisters who are in the same boat.
I found a spot of INFOPASS today for July 10, so I am going to ask FO the same questions as TAZ did. I hope all of us get the letters sometime soon. I will share any further update if I get. Thank you again!