• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

So my field office processing the I-485 is still processing the timeframe of December 21, 2012..mine is send on june 2013.

Do you think it's okay/wise of me to travel out of country? I'm an F1 student and have my documents in good standing.
Dad wants me to come home for my 20th birthday..but not sure if I should risk late interview-not up to date about my case,
Or not being with family and prioritize this card..

Will travel until end August if it makes a difference..

Opinions?

MelanieT,

I think you should hold on for now. We are almost there and interview letter can arrive any time. Say you leave the country and all of the sudden letter arrived then you have to cancel all plans and come back and go through all that hassle.
Even I have plans to travel out of country in August but not going to take chances, everyone have their own priorities.
I hope all who are waiting for Interview letter should get it soon.

Don't worry we will celebrate your B'Day on this forum....:eek:

So my field office processing the I-485 is still processing the timeframe of December 21, 2012..mine is send on june 2013.

Do you think it's okay/wise of me to travel out of country? I'm an F1 student and have my documents in good standing.
Dad wants me to come home for my 20th birthday..but not sure if I should risk late interview-not up to date about my case,

Opinions?

Received big mail from the US Bureau of Citizenship today.
It was the return of my medical. It's open and nothing is inside except for a scan of my ribcage X-ray...

anyone?

confused...

Mom!! One of my lung is apparently bigger than the other :eek: wow...

My x ray looks alot like this one:

http://www.philosophyinaction.com/blog/?p=3231

There it says its an collapsed lung...but here (http://img.webmd.com/dtmcms/live/webmd/consumer_assets/site_images/media/medical/hw/h9991297_001.jpg) it says its an heart..?

EDIT:

You know what, considering I'm healthy...why send me my x-ray back?

EDIT AGAIN:

I read here ( http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD )

"9. The I-693, Medical Examination, and I-864 should include any supporting evidence requested by the instructions. Do not have the civil surgeon mail the I-693 to the NBC. If responding to a request for evidence, the I-693 must be submitted with the request for evidence letter so the response is matched to the proper file. Do not submit chest x-ray film as part of your medical examination."

Is that why they returned it?
Then again, since everything was sealed to begin with there was no way for me to take the x-ray out..
do I..have a collapsed lung!? o_o mama mia

Mel, I'm not sure who da heck the civil surgeon you saw was or how long he/she has been doing immigration based medical exam. The x-ray wasn't supposed to be sealed with the I-693 form. Not unless you x-ray showed signs of TB in which case the doctor would have initiated or recommended a course of treatment. Oh well!

p.s.
The x-ray shows one of your lungs is bigger than the other? What a loud, noisy baby you must have been .... ;)

Opinions?

Disregard the online information regarding I-485 processing time, it's not applicable to DV lottery based AOS applications.

Did you apply for AP with your I-485? Has it been approved? Do you have the AP card with you already? Being a F1 visa holder, if have a pending AOS case and you travel out of the US without an AP card, you can kiss your GC application good-bye. You would be assumed to have abandoned your GC application, and because you've shown immigration intent, you may not be able to renew your F1 visa in the future. Explain to Dad the importance of completing this process now, there will be many other birthdays to celebrate with them back at home. Plus you can also go have a belated birthday celebration later this year (actually make it a double celebration) after getting your GC.

NEED some advice from the experts please:

My case is still pending with USCIS. Status shows file still in acceptance stage in Lee summit, MO. While I have already completed interview. My EAD/AP has been approved and I have received it.

I have to travel outside US at the end of the month for family reason. I have valid H1B. In such case, can I use my H1B to travel and renter US, without using AP? Not sure if I have to use AP.. Also concerned that if I use AP , then my H1B might get cancelled.

Please advise if anyone has knowledge n experience in such situation. Help much appreciated.

H1 visa is a dual intent visa, you shouldn't need to use the AP card to come back if you travel out. I'm assuming you already have the H1 stamp and you wouldn't need to stop by the US consulate/embassy to get the stamp on your passport, right? I'm not sure if there could be complications though if you don't already have the H1 stamp.

You should consider speaking with an immigration attorney or hold off on the trip completely till your case is resolved - it's already an unusual case to start with, I wouldn't entertain the thought of traveling if I was in your shoes, but hey, that's just me!

H1 visa is a dual intent visa, you shouldn't need to use the AP card to come back if you travel out. I'm assuming you already have the H1 stamp and you wouldn't need to stop by the US consulate/embassy to get the stamp on your passport, right? I'm not sure if there could be complications though if you don't already have the H1 stamp.

You should consider speaking with an immigration attorney or hold off on the trip completely till your case is resolved - it's already an unusual case to start with, I wouldn't entertain the thought of traveling if I was in your shoes, but hey, that's just me!

I have valid H1B visa until 2015. No need to restamp.

Still not advisable to travel???

Mel, I'm not sure who da heck the civil surgeon you saw was or how long he/she has been doing immigration based medical exam. The x-ray wasn't supposed to be sealed with the I-693 form. Not unless you x-ray showed signs of TB in which case the doctor would have initiated or recommended a course of treatment. Oh well!

p.s.
The x-ray shows one of your lungs is bigger than the other? What a loud, noisy baby you must have been .... ;)

You're right, they returned it because they simply didn't need it..how nice of them :) I tend to think of them as robots so its nice to see humane behaviors :) hahaha

Oh yea, I definitely used a single lung for the purpose of making the other one bigger for my later years, you completely figured me out mom! :p I can so control which lung to breath from~

Did you receive the letters on the same day and is the interview date the same for both of you?

Yes, both came in at the same time. Our interviews are scheduled 15 min apart but our lawyer said that will most likely come in together.

I have valid H1B visa until 2015. No need to restamp.

Still not advisable to travel???

I wouldn't travel. I actually haven't traveled back home in the past seven
Years (OPT+H1B) - heard too many stories of people not being admitted into US at the port of entry.

Have you traveled on your H1B before?

I have traveled multiple times on H1B. Did not have any issues at all. Only concern this time is I have pending I-485. Call USICIS and the lady on the phone said it's oK to travel either with valid H1B or AP Card. But not sure how well she knows the whole deal regarding I-485/H1B and immigration.

I wouldn't travel. I actually haven't traveled back home in the past seven
Years (OPT+H1B) - heard too many stories of people not being admitted into US at the port of entry.

Have you traveled on your H1B before?

Ohh! Best of luck AOS2013. I know its a pain, but its a good idea to visit in person and see what they are up to.
I believe its just a matter of time. Best of luck :)

Thanks for this information. Not sure how this process works. Visiting USCIS local field office tomorrow, and it's six hours drive ( one way..really sucks !!!!!

Hi everyone

My bio's been scheduled for 7/3. I noticed some of you got yours done before your scheduled appointment, is it possible? would it cause confusion and problem. I'm kinda confused I want to get it done early as it's getting close to Sept and I don't want them deny my case or something due to showing up before the scheduled appointment either. What do you suggest? How long would it take for them to schedule an interview letter and send the letter?

Hi Immigrations,

I think you should go for it tomorrow morning itself. It will not harm you, the worst thing can happen is you have to wait or if they are really busy they will ask you come on appointment date. The whole fingerprinting process will not take more than 20 min only FBI backround check will take time. Many of the members already advised to do walk-in.
Regarding Interview letter it all depends on FO how busy they are and varies in different states.

By the way which state are you in, have you filled your information in google tracker?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...GWkV6QlE#gid=0

Qu
Hi everyone

My bio's been scheduled for 7/3. I noticed some of you got yours done before your scheduled appointment, is it possible? would it cause confusion and problem. I'm kinda confused I want to get it done early as it's getting close to Sept and I don't want them deny my case or something due to showing up before the scheduled appointment either. What do you suggest? How long would it take for them to schedule an interview letter and send the letter?