• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I have valid H1B visa until 2015. No need to restamp.

Still not advisable to travel???

I honestly can't make the call for you. However, I would be hesitant to undertake any trip out of the US, if I was in your position though, simply because the status of your I-485 application is a bit unusual. Ordinarily, there shouldn't be any problem traveling on a H1 visa with a pending I-485 (if an interview hasn't already taken place). I wouldn't be traveling without knowing the real reason for the delayed decision. So yeah, make the trip back to the your FO for an info-pass appointment. Who knows, you might even get your welcome letter and get everything resolved there and then.

Good luck!

Oh yea, I definitely used a single lung for the purpose of making the other one bigger for my later years, you completely figured me out mom! :p I can so control which lung to breath from~

Yeah, as a baby, you screamed and yelled like crazy using just one lung - you couldn't be pacified - hence the bigger lung in your later years :p

Long processing time.

Hi everyone
I have been following this forum for a long time and I want to thank everybody for their very valuable and useful information. I filed (as family) on Feb, 5th and did my biometrics in March 19 in Tampa FL. Since then, I have been four times in FO and different IO have told me different stories. Two weeks ago I met the congresswoman assistant and she send an inquiry about my DV2013 AoS Case but still no answer. In April I did two infopass and the IO that time told that "everything is OK, your case is in schedule unit, they (meaning schedule unit) are just waiting to find an window for your interview". On May I did another infopass but this time the IO told me that "your BIO is not done yet"...... Than I decided to contact the congreswaman office. I'm very worried now becouse the processing time in Tampa since April 30 jumped in 6.5 months and by its trned I'm afraid it will go more. Any suggestion what can I do more?
Congradulations for everybody who got GC and good luck for the rest who are still struggling with this "very painful process".

DV2013EU00011XXX
- I-485 sent in Feb 4, 2013
- Acceptance Feb 12, 2013
- Bio Letter Feb 19, 2013
- Bio Done March 19, 2013
- IL ??????
- Interview??????
- CPO??????

Hi everyone
I have been following this forum for a long time and I want to thank everybody for their very valuable and useful information. I filed (as family) on Feb, 5th and did my biometrics in March 19 in Tampa FL. Since then, I have been four times in FO and different IO have told me different stories. Two weeks ago I met the congresswoman assistant and she send an inquiry about my DV2013 AoS Case but still no answer. In April I did two infopass and the IO that time told that "everything is OK, your case is in schedule unit, they (meaning schedule unit) are just waiting to find an window for your interview". On May I did another infopass but this time the IO told me that "your BIO is not done yet"...... Than I decided to contact the congreswaman office. I'm very worried now becouse the processing time in Tampa since April 30 jumped in 6.5 months and by its trned I'm afraid it will go more. Any suggestion what can I do more?
Congradulations for everybody who got GC and good luck for the rest who are still struggling with this "very painful process".

DV2013EU00011XXX
- I-485 sent in Feb 4, 2013
- Acceptance Feb 12, 2013
- Bio Letter Feb 19, 2013
- Bio Done March 19, 2013
- IL ??????
- Interview??????
- CPO??????

TAFL2013,
When you got your BIOs done, you shoud have got your bio letters stamped by the ASC and the dates written on them. Did you show that to the IO ?
Also, why don't you submit a service request thru USCIS ? call em on the phone, and ask to submit an expedite service. The Diversity visa is a special type of visa that allows you to request to expedite the processing. The request will go to your FO and you should receive an official reply in writing from your FO within 5 business days.
Please update us on your process. Also, did u include your info on the spreadsheet ?

Good luck !

Hey everyone, i have not received my DV lottery fee receipt yet. Its been like 3 weeks. I tried to call DOS office but was unable to find the number. What do you guys think, Should i call them (dont ve the number :p, hope ya'll can help me with that :) ) or should i just wait?

Hey guys, hows everyone doing? Its been a while. Alright, so i send the DV lottery fee with self stamped envelope and from to DOS and i haven't heard since. Its been like more than two weeks after they received my fee. Is it suppose to take that long?

Last edited by a moderator:
KCC Public Inquiry number: 606-526-7500.

Did you send stamped self address envelope when you paid the fees?
If yes then you should get it if few days. i received in 15 days.

KCC Public Inquiry number: 606-526-7500.

Did you send stamped self address envelope when you paid the fees?
If yes then you should get it if few days. i received in 15 days.

Yes i included self addressed and stamped envelpe. Its been like 3 weeks and shouldnt i be calling DOS (St, Louis MO) and not KCC?

Oh yes I am sorry, Its been a while i forgot it is St Louis, MO where we send DV lottery fees.
I just checked my emails and docs but could not find the number.

Yes i included self addressed and stamped envelpe. Its been like 3 weeks and shouldnt i be calling DOS (St, Louis MO) and not KCC?

Ahmed,
I tried to send u a PM, but it says "ahmed_nov1984 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

TAFL2013,
When you got your BIOs done, you shoud have got your bio letters stamped by the ASC and the dates written on them. Did you show that to the IO ?
Also, why don't you submit a service request thru USCIS ? call em on the phone, and ask to submit an expedite service. The Diversity visa is a special type of visa that allows you to request to expedite the processing. The request will go to your FO and you should receive an official reply in writing from your FO within 5 business days.
Please update us on your process. Also, did u include your info on the spreadsheet ?

Good luck !

Thank you very much james82, I have showed stamped BIOs and told each them (I have done four Infopass) that this is a DV Case, time sensitive,,etc..etc. but only one of them who by chance have been my IO two times told me that everything is OK just wait. However I'll follow your advise (call USCIS) and post the result. My info is on the spreadsheet. Thanks again and wish you to get GC easily and no "pain" at all.

Anyone?

Hey everyone, i have not received my DV lottery fee receipt yet. Its been like 3 weeks. I tried to call DOS office but was unable to find the number. What do you guys think, Should i call them (dont ve the number :p, hope ya'll can help me with that :) ) or should i just wait?

Interview

Our interview is tomorrow. Hold your fingers crossed people :)

I'll post our interview experience sometime tomorrow evening.

Hello everyone,

Firstly I have to reiterate how grateful I am to everyone sharing their valuable experience in this AOS process.
I had my Interview on Friday 6/21. I was asked to take an oath, and then the IO just went over all my paperwork and verified all the information I provided. I was asked to show my original Birth Certificate and my Tax returns for last year. She also asked for other proof of Income (I showed my paystubs) and also asked for other ID's that I could provide. The Interview went smooth. At the end, she told me that everything seems good, and I should expect a decision letter and GC in the next couple of weeks. I dont want to get too excited until I have the letter and the GC in my hand. At the moment my case status shows "Decision", and on Friday after the interview, I received an email alert from the USCIS Case alert system (which I signed up for), going from "Initial Review", then to "Card/Document Production" and now its on "Decision".

Has anyone else come up with such frequent fluctuation in the case Status? I really hope there isnt much to be concerned about. I am just waiting for the letter and hope it comes by soon.

Yes it's normal. The status goes to card production and then goes back to decision. You'll see in a day or two it'll go back to card decision.
Congratulations!

Congrats bongoboy, you're now a LPR! The changes you're seeing regarding your status updates are indications that a decision has been made regarding your case. You should be receiving your GC in a couple of days.

Hello everyone,

Firstly I have to reiterate how grateful I am to everyone sharing their valuable experience in this AOS process.
I had my Interview on Friday 6/21. I was asked to take an oath, and then the IO just went over all my paperwork and verified all the information I provided. I was asked to show my original Birth Certificate and my Tax returns for last year. She also asked for other proof of Income (I showed my paystubs) and also asked for other ID's that I could provide. The Interview went smooth. At the end, she told me that everything seems good, and I should expect a decision letter and GC in the next couple of weeks. I dont want to get too excited until I have the letter and the GC in my hand. At the moment my case status shows "Decision", and on Friday after the interview, I received an email alert from the USCIS Case alert system (which I signed up for), going from "Initial Review", then to "Card/Document Production" and now its on "Decision".

Has anyone else come up with such frequent fluctuation in the case Status? I really hope there isnt much to be concerned about. I am just waiting for the letter and hope it comes by soon.