• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Finally, I can post too :D

I had my interview on June 18. The lady was very polite and friendly. Asked for passport, driver license, our newborns birth certificate, our birth certificates, any supporting documents showing that I and my wife live together. Our wedding pictures ( "which we did not have)!

Then she approved and gave us our approval letter saying that we will receive our cards in a couple weeks.

However, USCIS cases have not change yet. It is still same as 2 months ago; i131, 765 and 485s.

And I am traveling out of country this Saturday since one of my friend will bring the cards to me in a few weeks.

I hope it comes on time and I can get back here next month.

Peace!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Eddy.
Have a safe trip.

I had my interview on June 18. The lady was very polite and friendly. Asked for passport, driver license, our newborns birth certificate, our birth certificates, any supporting documents showing that I and my wife live together. Our wedding pictures ( "which we did not have)!

Then she approved and gave us our approval letter saying that we will receive our cards in a couple weeks.

However, USCIS cases have not change yet. It is still same as 2 months ago; i131, 765 and 485s.

And I am traveling out of country this Saturday since one of my friend will bring the cards to me in a few weeks.

Peace!!!

Peace!!!

Eddy,
When was your application filed and finger printing done? I am trying to understand why it's taking so long for National benefits center to forward my A-file to field office.
Thanks for the help n congratulations....

AOS,

I have filed the package on April 18. Fingerprint was on May 21. The interview was on 18. So it took 2 months from beginning to end. It seems Memphis FO is very fast. We applied for AP and 765 too. It did not slow down the process in our case.

I hope your issue resolves ASAP.

Hi my wife is the dv winner and we both had our bios done around mid-April but she's the only one received the interview letter a few days ago. Should i be worried about not getting an interview letter in my name or are we going to the interview together?

The interview letter your wife should cover both of you.

Hi my wife is the dv winner and we both had our bios done around mid-April but she's the only one received the interview letter a few days ago. Should i be worried about not getting an interview letter in my name or are we going to the interview together?

Hey Guys !!!!

Did anyone received the interview letter for the month of May?
I called USCIS today and asked them about my case, officer was not knowledgeable about DV lottery program timeline.
She said my FO is Los Angles FO. And gone through all the stuff and said my FO is processing applications from Nov 2012 and my case is in normal processing time. I told her that DV cases are special and different than other category. We have to get our Green card by September 30th 2013 or else we will loose this opportunity.
Then she said she can file the request to expedite the process based on the DV lottery system and I should hear back from USCIS via mail if nothing happens call after 24th June. I will wait until June end and see what's going on.

I guess couple of guys have issue with Los Angeles FO, it took months for them to get interview letter.
How long shall we wait and take a decision to contact congressman? :(

I got an email from USCIS:
We have determined that your case would have a better result if you make an appointment to visit your local office, so you may speak with an Immigration Services Officer about your case. To make an appointment you will need to go to our website and schedule an appointment using INFOPASS at http://infopass.uscis.gov.

I think I should wait until July then go for INFOPASS.

If I want to do INFOPASS which options do i select for appointment.
* case processing appointment
* Case services follow up appointment.

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you guys quick question. Exactly 2 weeks ago (6/6/2013) I got my biometrics done at Elizabeth, NJ and still waiting for interview letter. When I also check my case status, it still shows 'Acceptance'. I was wondering if I you guys think there is a problem with my case or I should give more time since the office might be busy. Do you think if I give them a call, they would have any idea about what is going on with my case?

Thanks you all!

same situation

I did my biometrics on 5/30 and still wait for an interview letter as well and my case status also say 'Acceptance'. I think that it is normal and this is what people reported here before.

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask you guys quick question. Exactly 2 weeks ago (6/6/2013) I got my biometrics done at Elizabeth, NJ and still waiting for interview letter. When I also check my case status, it still shows 'Acceptance'. I was wondering if I you guys think there is a problem with my case or I should give more time since the office might be busy. Do you think if I give them a call, they would have any idea about what is going on with my case?

Thanks you all!

Hi,
I had the interview today and everything seemed to be normal. I am doing AOS based on wining 2013 DV Lottery. The officer seemed very friendly, asked questions from the I-485, and requested the DV fee receipt and the Drivers License. She didn't ask for anything else (even my passport). Then, she kept typing on her computer and made a copy of my DV fee receipt. Finally she told me that everything on the application seems alright but she cannot make a decision since she needs to contact Kentucky center for my "Visa Package". (HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF IT?) She gave me a white paper entitled Interview Results. In this paper she checked "Further review of your application/relating file is necessary to determine eligibility." She said it might take a month for the center to respond. I also contacted KCC and they told me they have not received any request from USCIS. Has anybody received the white paper with the "Further review ..." checked? So nervous please help!

Thanks much!

I received a similar paper after my interview, but my GC was approved that same afternoon. they had all my paperwork though, so it might be different for you.

But the letter doesn't have my name on it. Wouldn't that be a problem?

But the letter doesn't have my name on it. Wouldn't that be a problem?

Guys, do I have to send the DV fee stamped receipt with the I-485 package? or is it enough to just show it to the CO during the interview?

I paid the fee (3 weeks ago) but still didn't get the stamped receipt back, thinking of just sending the money order stub with the application as I am current July-1st.
I emailed KCC to enquire but still didn't get a response.

Guys, do I have to send the DV fee stamped receipt with the I-485 package? or is it enough to just show it to the CO during the interview?

I paid the fee (3 weeks ago) but still didn't get the stamped receipt back, thinking of just sending the money order stub with the application as I am current July-1st.
I emailed KCC to enquire but still didn't get a response.
email KCC at KCCDV@state.gov and request a copy of your receipt. They respond within 2 business days in my experience.