• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

NEED SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE.......

My I-131 status says " On June 6, we mailed you a notification that we have approved your I-131 Application for travel document. Follow the instructions on the letter."

It's been a week that I have not received any letter. Those who have received this kind of letter, please advise what kind of information/instructions it contain....I m concerned that I may miss critical info in this letter.

Help much appreciated....

NEED SOME FEEDBACK PLEASE.......

My I-131 status says " On June 6, we mailed you a notification that we have approved your I-131 Application for travel document. Follow the instructions on the letter."

It's been a week that I have not received any letter. Those who have received this kind of letter, please advise what kind of information/instructions it contain....I m concerned that I may miss critical info in this letter.

Help much appreciated....
AOS2013,

In my case, 60 days after AOS in Chicago Lockbox, I got the following message:

On May 7, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT.

Then heard nothing regarding I131 ever again.

But regarding I765 I received following messages.

On May 7, 2013, we ordered production of your new card.
On May 10, 2013, we ordered production of your new card.
On May 13, 2013, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file.

I received the EAD/AP combo card on May 15.

So yours is delayed a bit. Could they be waiting for your EAD to be processed? Did you have your both I-485 and I-765 MSC********* receipt number barcodes on your bio letter?

I am assuming you also applied for EAD.

dvlottery2014,

You are the closest person to me, I am in Champaign. I guess it is you me and united1 in midwest here? My FO was Chicago too. My I-485 interview scheduled 55 days after AOS.

I think those 4-5 month time frames do not apply to DV cases much.

You are in a very lucky position. First you have a relatively low CN, you will become current very early. Second, in new immigration reform's current version DV2014 is the last DV lottery, so relax and take your sweet time. We just torture ourselves mostly for nothing. Considering the people who will become current in July, August or September, who will have the real worries, we are indeed lucky.

Guys, Does AOS I-485 etc. under DV Lottery also follow the same processing times as other I-485 processing times? I am in Bloomington, IL and my FO is Chicago IL, and I have heard that it takes 4-5 months for I-485 processing in Chicago, FO. But that I have heard for mostly employment based I-485, last stage of GC process. Is it the same for DV lottery too? So, even if my date becomes current in Oct'13 and I submit all docs (I-485 etc.) on Oct 1st, I am looking at the interview to happen only in Feb-March'14 timeframe?

Case No.:2014AF00008XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS2013,

In my case, 60 days after AOS in Chicago Lockbox, I got the following message:

On May 7, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT.

Then heard nothing regarding I131 ever again.

But regarding I765 I received following messages.

On May 7, 2013, we ordered production of your new card.
On May 10, 2013, we ordered production of your new card.
On May 13, 2013, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file.

I received the EAD/AP combo card on May 15.

So yours is delayed a bit. Could they be waiting for your EAD to be processed? Did you have your both I-485 and I-765 MSC********* receipt number barcodes on your bio letter?

I am assuming you also applied for EAD.

Yes. I applied for EAD and AP. I-765 says card production.

Do does this mean we do not get any notification of approval of I-131 even though the status says" it has been mailed".

Have you received your GC....

Yes. I applied for EAD and AP. I-765 says card production.

Do does this mean we do not get any notification of approval of I-131 even though the status says" it has been mailed".

Have you received your GC....

Only thing I got was the standard NOA with receipt numbers (7-10 days after sending the AOS package) and the EAD/AP card itself (60 days after AOS), no mail came in between.

Yes I received my GC just today.

As several people pointed out, your case is unusual in the sense that why they would hold I-485 because of I-131. My interview was 5 days before the EAD/AP approval that popped up online. IO did not mention it at all. But one key thing your IO said, they are waiting for your A-file, hmmmm. That's something I never heard of.

My recommendation is that everything seems in order in your case. You had a successful interview. Your EAD/AP in CPO. Just wait 30 days after your interview, contact your FO, if you have direct phone number and name of the office. Otherwise call customer service, talk to level 2, have them send a service request/message to FO

Last edited by a moderator:
dvlottery2014,

You are the closest person to me, I am in Champaign. I guess it is you me and united1 in midwest here? My FO was Chicago too. My I-485 interview scheduled 55 days after AOS.

I think those 4-5 month time frames do not apply to DV cases much.
U
You are in a very lucky position. First you have a relatively low CN, you will become current very early. Second, in new immigration reform's current version DV2014 is the last DV lottery, so relax and take your sweet time. We just torture ourselves mostly for nothing. Considering the people who will become current in July, August or September, who will have the real worries, we are indeed lucky.

Thank you anon123 and united1.

Anon123: Can I ask where did you do your medicals? Want to go to someone who is experienced and knows this process, filling forms etc. Theres no civil surgeon in bloomington il, checked on uscis site civil surgeon locator, so am ready to travel.
Also, I dont have the records of my vaccinations, will that make the doc give vaccinations again? For some its multiple dosages going upto 6 months.... Will doc wait for that all to complete before issuing the medical form?

Thanks again guys.

Thank you anon123 and united1.

Anon123: Can I ask where did you do your medicals? Want to go to someone who is experienced and knows this process, filling forms etc. Theres no civil surgeon in bloomington il, checked on uscis site civil surgeon locator, so am ready to travel.
Also, I dont have the records of my vaccinations, will that make the doc give vaccinations again? For some its multiple dosages going upto 6 months.... Will doc wait for that all to complete before issuing the medical form?

Thanks again guys.

please see my PM.

Thanks anon123

Only thing I got was the standard NOA with receipt numbers (7-10 days after sending the AOS package) and the EAD/AP card itself (60 days after AOS), no mail came in between.

Yes I received my GC just today.

As several people pointed out, your case is unusual in the sense that why they would hold I-485 because of I-131. My interview was 5 days before the EAD/AP approval that popped up online. IO did not mention it at all. But one key thing your IO said, they are waiting for your A-file, hmmmm. That's something I never heard of.

My recommendation is that everything seems in order in your case. You had a successful interview. Your EAD/AP in CPO. Just wait 30 days after your interview, contact your FO, if you have direct phone number and name of the office. Otherwise call customer service, talk to level 2, have them send a service request/message to FO

Thanks anon123. I called USCIS requesting for information regarding my case. They transferred to L2 officer but was 96 mins wait time. I was not able to complete the hold. I called back again, and the lady created a service request which will send info to USCIS asking for more info on my case. She told me it might take 10-15 days..running out of patience. You would hope that USCIS will have better info system to update on the status....

Thanks anon123. I called USCIS requesting for information regarding my case. They transferred to L2 officer but was 96 mins wait time. I was not able to complete the hold. I called back again, and the lady created a service request which will send info to USCIS asking for more info on my case. She told me it might take 10-15 days..running out of patience. You would hope that USCIS will have better info system to update on the status....

You did not have to wait for 96 mins, system gives you the option of leaving your phone number, so that 96 mins later they call you back when it is your turn, you don't lose your place in the queue.

10-15 days what L2 told me too, but my issue seemed to be solved in 2 days after L2 sent a message to my FO.

Good luck, hope you get your approval soon.

Hi friends,
Do we need to send photos for G325a also?or just two with I-485?
for the DV winner's spouse, should we tick box "b" in application type in I-485?
Thanks

Hi All,

My number is current as of July so I'm quickly trying to come up to speed (I'm back reading all of this thread). I filed and received my AOS letter earlier, so I'm assuming at this point the correct thing to do is send in the $330 (x2) + self addressed envelope and start with the medicals etc?

I also got married since being selected, does anyone have pointers how to have my wife included in this process?

Since my number is current in July, is there anything I should know? Does this have to be all approved by the end of September?

Appreciate any advice as I try to brain dump this 100+ page thread.

Chow.

Response below:

Hi All,

My number is current as of July so I'm quickly trying to come up to speed (I'm back reading all of this thread). I filed and received my AOS letter earlier, so I'm assuming at this point the correct thing to do is send in the $330 (x2) + self addressed envelope and start with the medicals etc? - Send your payment first thing tomorrow morning. You will need the payment receipt as part of your I-485 package and it could take up to 2 weeks to get this. Also arrange for your medical exam

I also got married since being selected, does anyone have pointers how to have my wife included in this process? - Making the extra $330 is an indication that you're processing for more than one person. She needs to submit an I-485 package with your package. Be sure to have lots of evidence in support of your marriage - joint accounts/assets, evidence of the existence of your relationship prior to your wining the DV lottery, and of course your marriage certificate

Since my number is current in July, is there anything I should know? Does this have to be all approved by the end of September? - Your GC application has to be approved by Sept 30th, 2013

Appreciate any advice as I try to brain dump this 100+ page thread.

Chow.

Response below:

Thanks for the reply. Just got through reading all 105 pages. My eyes!

- I'll post the cashiers check in the morning.
- Do I need her to complete the DSP122 + photos to notify KCC? Can't hurt?
- Will rush the medical.

From the brain dump I should get the AOS package off asap, but pref closer to end of June (given I'm current in July). I see a lot of ppl posting basically everything they can think of in this. Is there a mandatory 'must have' list for the AOS package? Interview I can understand more is better.

- Cover Letter for the i-485 package
- Cheque of $1070
- 2 passport Photographs
- Form I-485
- Form G-325A: Biographic Information
- Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)
- DV original application
- Notification letter (with bar code)
- AOS e-mail letter
- Fee receipt paper
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94 card
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of high school certificate

We've been in the US for 5 years, no police records, assuming we don't need to get a certificate stating as much?

Thanks for the reply. Just got through reading all 105 pages. My eyes!

- I'll post the cashiers check in the morning.
- Do I need her to complete the DSP122 + photos to notify KCC? Can't hurt? - No, you don't need to complete DSP-122 for her. Yes, it can hurt. DSP-122 is for the principal applicant only. You are the main selectee, she's not!

- Will rush the medical.

From the brain dump I should get the AOS package off asap, but pref closer to end of June (given I'm current in July). I see a lot of ppl posting basically everything they can think of in this. Is there a mandatory 'must have' list for the AOS package? Interview I can understand more is better.

- Cover Letter for the i-485 package
- Cheque of $1070
- 2 passport Photographs
- Form I-485
- Form G-325A: Biographic Information
- Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)
- DV original application
- Notification letter (with bar code)
- AOS e-mail letter
- Fee receipt paper
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94 card
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of high school certificate

We've been in the US for 5 years, no police records, assuming we don't need to get a certificate stating as much?

In addition to what you've listed above, you need:
Form G-1145 (E-Notification)
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of Employment Letter (if applicable)
Copy(ies) of W2s

You do not need a Police Clearance Certificate.

The more the documents you send in with your I-485 package, the less the scrutiny you get to face with the IO at the time of your interview, in my opinion.

In addition to what you've listed above, you need:
Form G-1145 (E-Notification)
Copy of Marriage Certificate
Copy of Employment Letter (if applicable)
Copy(ies) of W2s

You do not need a Police Clearance Certificate.

The more the documents you send in with your I-485 package, the less the scrutiny you get to face with the IO at the time of your interview, in my opinion.

Makes sense - Thank you.

Any ideas on how long/intensive the medical process is likely to take (assuming there are no health problems)?

Makes sense - Thank you.

Any ideas on how long/intensive the medical process is likely to take (assuming there are no health problems)?

The medical could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week (maximum) to complete depending on the civil surgeon you use. If your civil suregon decides to test for TB through blood tests - "Interferon Gamma Release Assays (IGRA), you could be done in 2 days. If he/she however decides to test using the Tubeculin Skin Test (TST), then you're looking at more than 2 days to complete the process as you will need to go back between 48-72 hrs of the test being administered to get the test site read. A reading of 4mm or more will require you to undergo a chest x-ray to completely rule out a positive TB indication.

The entire medical process itself is not intensive or complicated. The doctor will ask basic health related questions, and if you don't have record of previous immunizations, he/she will administer about 2 to 3 required vaccinations, fill out and seal your medical forms and you're done.