• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi guys,

My number is not current in August :( does anybody know what are my chances?

1)Can I submit AOS before my number is current?
2) if it's current in September, can I get interview date before September 30?
3) can I do my biometrics now, how?

Please advice, I'm very anxious and worried.

The best option for you will be the consular process in your country

You can write your email address in cover letter. But I think KCC will use the email you provided during DV registration, because I wrote different one, but they send an email to the first one.

Wow! That's an excellent question. How about the other form that you need to send along with DS-122? I'm sure it's got a field for the e-mail address.

We have just received our interview appointments for 6/25, which is one month and three days after our bio and one month and 22 days after AOS packet received. Please note that we did a walk-in for bio, original was scheduled for today 6/10. I strongly believe that this saved us three weeks. I hope all goes well - still waiting for EAD and AP thou.

So, to quote one of the greatest one-hit-wonders, Europe.... "It's the final countdown, ta ra ra ra, ta ra rat tat tat..." :)

Dear anon123,

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for all the answers and for your eagerness to help- I tremendously appreciate it!
Followed you advices and my AOS package is ready, so fingers crossed!

Thank you again and wish you lots of luck in all your endeavors!

Cheers!

A:)

Since you are current in June, if I am not mistaken , hurry and send your AOS package right away, if that's the case.

Expedite aos request sample letter

Hey guys,

Could anyone share a very convincing expedite AOS letter request?

Thank you :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

Could anyone share a very convincing expedite AOS letter request?

Thank you :rolleyes:

Write the following or similar message on the envelope of the package, put a couple of bright orange paper with the same message with HUGE fonts. also add the same wording to our cover letter. Attach bright colored post-it to write similar notes on every document.

URGENT I-485 APPLICATION: 2013 DIVERSITY VISA WINNER, PLEASE EXPEDITE.

UNLIKE FAMILY OR EMPLOYMENT BASED APPLICATIONS, THIS CATEGORY IS TIME SENSITIVE.

THIS ADJUSTMENT CATEGORY HAS TO BE ADJUCATED BY SEPTEMBER 30 1023 or QUOTAS ARE FILLED, OTHERWISE I WILL LOOSE MY CHANCE OF OBTAINING A GREEN CARD.

I AM BEGGING YOU PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS APPLICATION GET LOST, STUCK, OR FORGOTTEN IN THE FAMILY AND EMPLOYMENT BASED APPLICATIONS STACK.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....

Well last two lines were jokes, of course, but hey you never know which uscis worker you will strike a cord WITH. You can add a kitten picture with big innocent eyes as well. :)

As soon as you get you bio letter go try to do walk in. i did it, and i too believe it sped things up. If you do it when they are not busy, you should be able to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Folks,
We are expecting our Bio letters this week and planning to do walk-in to the FO once received.
What is best time for walk-in and good excuses to be given ?
Thanks,

Way to go james82! Good job!!

A successful walk-in Bio really depends on your ASC and how busy the place is at the time of your walk-in attempt. If you go at a time when they're not super-busy, they're likely to attend to you without you giving any reason or explanation. 1:00 pm - 2:30ish pm could be a good time, some people have suggested going early in the morning. Again, a lot depends on your luck and the ASC in particular.

Thanks Mom.
By the way, when I reapplied after rejection, I have included a copy of the previous visa bulletin page that shows the advance notification table, and highlighted the numbers in the table. Also, I have included a copy of the 1999 memo issued by the INS and which advised to accept applications 90 days in advance to allow enough time for processing and completion of background checks, highlighted the specific text as well...

for people with CN above 19000 from uzbekistan

It may be possible to send early for AOS because if you will become current in September with very little time left. People have done that in the past. If you do so, try to make a big point about it in your package, so that they just don't deny it, but they will probably do. Add a copy of the visa bulletin, highlight when you will become current, mentioning that your case has to be adjucated by Septemper 30 according to DV rules.

Then contact your US representative to speed up the process. If you get your interview date by Sept 30, they can get you your nonimmigrant visa number on the same day. There are always ifs with uscis, people run into problems all the time. So you are basically gambling.

I think that Uzbekistan will become all current in September, like rest of Europe, based on last 4 years data. Only in 2011 Uzbekistan became unavailable (in August 2011). Look at here to see how many applicants from uzbekistan http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1322.html#results

When Uzbekistan became current in the last 4 years:
2012 current in August
2011 Uzbekistan cutoff number went up to 28200 in July, then became unavailable in August
2010 current in January
2009 current in March

Number of green cards issued per country for each year is here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf
In 2011, UZbekistan reached the limit of 3500, that's why it became unavailable in 2011. But it never became completely unavailable in any other year because number of GCs were below 3500.

Last edited by a moderator:
James could you include the link to that 1999 memo if you have it by any chance? I couldn't find it.

I also found a USCIS document about that memo brought up here (see question 11 that refers to 1999 memo, and how evasive USCIS answer was): http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MARCBOQA.pdf

Perhaps people can really advance file with a knowledgeable attorney (in this matter) who can act quickly.

Thanks Mom.
By the way, when I reapplied after rejection, I have included a copy of the previous visa bulletin page that shows the advance notification table, and highlighted the numbers in the table. Also, I have included a copy of the 1999 memo issued by the INS and which advised to accept applications 90 days in advance to allow enough time for processing and completion of background checks, highlighted the specific text as well...

Good job James82. I thought this could be possible but I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks Mom.

congrats:) is it easy to do walk-in bio?

Thanks.

It was easy for us, but I'm sure it depends on ASC. Our is in Los Angeles area. We went at around 11am and there was only one party waiting. They did not ask any questions nor gave us any problems. It's worth a shot, but definitely try to go during non-peak hours.

Good luck.

Hello everyone,

I just sent my AOS package and received a text and email confirmations and they also cached my check. However, I am about to change my address and I was wondering what the procedure was to do that?

Thank you!!

Well it is not advisable to change your address once you have already sent your documents because you will receive all the Notification letter,Bio letter,Interview letter and GC at same address. Also based on your address they will decide your Field Office for Biometrics and Interview.
By the way are you moving to different city or state.
If somehow there is no option for you to stay at current address you have few options:
1. Notify USCIS with change of address: AR-11 (Please take immediate action on this otherwise it will delay your process, if they already revived your application you may get your NOA and Bio letter in few days via mail)
2. Moving in near by area you can have USPS to forward mails on new address.

Hello everyone,

I just sent my AOS package and received a text and email confirmations and they also cached my check. However, I am about to change my address and I was wondering what the procedure was to do that?

Thank you!!

Hello everyone,

Thank you!!

It's probably not a good idea to initiate a change of address after sending in your I-485 for a DV based AOS because of the time sensitive nature of this process. Are you able to go back and pick up your mail from your former residence or is there some one who can trust to receive the mail and give you a heads up when such mail arrive. If yes, my suggestion would be leave the address as it is for now, you can update it at the time of interview (and hopefully that will not lead to mis-directed GC delivery at the end of the day too).

Congrats!!!! and good luck for your interview.
I am also waiting for my interview letter. I am not so far from LA. I live in cerritos

We have just received our interview appointments for 6/25, which is one month and three days after our bio and one month and 22 days after AOS packet received. Please note that we did a walk-in for bio, original was scheduled for today 6/10. I strongly believe that this saved us three weeks. I hope all goes well - still waiting for EAD and AP thou.

So, to quote one of the greatest one-hit-wonders, Europe.... "It's the final countdown, ta ra ra ra, ta ra rat tat tat..." :)

James could you include the link to that 1999 memo if you have it by any chance? I couldn't find it.

I also found a USCIS document about that memo brought up here (see question 11 that refers to 1999 memo, and how evasive USCIS answer was): http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MARCBOQA.pdf

Perhaps people can really advance file with a knowledgeable attorney (in this matter) who can act quickly.

This is the memo I printed and highlighted text from ... Couldn't find a more official version but I think it does the job and it includes some official references, titles and numbers ... , it is hosted by some attorney's website also ...
http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm