• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Finally got my interview letter today. My interview is on April 25, 2013. In 15 days!!! I believe that going to congresswoman helped a lot!

Congrats;)

I have a question. I still have been waiting for the interview letter. How can I contact with a congressman?

Thank you.

Hi Mgcelik,

I have been waiting for the interview until now and they told me still in Background check!!! :(((
Any advices?? I did my Bio back in Jan08. I live in US since 2001 and changed couple of states how about you??

Thanks,
Well I have been in Us for 2 years, and have been living in Florida since i came. So, I am not sure what kind of background check they are doing for your case, but if I were you, I would definitely go to your district's congressman/woman and tell them what is going on.

Congrats;)

I have a question. I still have been waiting for the interview letter. How can I contact with a congressman?

Thank you.

the question is how long have you been waiting for the interview letter? when did you do your fingerprints? and where did you do that? some FO are very busy like where I am. So waiting time is different for every FO.
If you have been waiting more than 60 days, you should contact with your district's congressman/woman. I dont know where you live but you can google it and get the address. Then you can go and tell them about your case.

DV Fee Paid Receipt

Folks,

I am preapring my package for sending to Chicago Lockbox. I paid my DV fee way back in summer 2012 and I can not remember if I received any offical receipt from KCC. What I have is an email and an attachment as (DV fee paid receipt). However this attachment is an empty form for the payment and do not have any signiture or anything that shows that I paid the money. Is it correct or should I receive anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Folks,

I am preapring my package for sending to Chicago Lockbox. I paid my DV fee way back in summer 2012 and I can not remember if I received any offical receipt from KCC. What I have is an email and an attachment as (DV fee paid receipt). However this attachment is an empty form for the payment and do not have any signiture or anything that shows that I paid the money. Is it correct or should I receive anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Payment receipt does not come from KCC when the DV fee is made, the receipt comes from the Department of States. The receipt is basically a stamped copy of the form you send in with your payment (you're required to include a self-addressed return envelope when sending in your payment as this will be used to send back your receipt to you). You need to confirm that the email you're refering to is not the original email from KCC indicating an awareness of your intention to do AOS, that email usually comes with a DV Payment form and instructions on how to make the payment.

However, if you're certain you already made the payment, you can email the DOS for confirmation. You can also call KCC to confirm if your file shows any indication of the payment being made, explain that you've lost your receipt and ask for directive on what to do.

the question is how long have you been waiting for the interview letter? when did you do your fingerprints? and where did you do that? some FO are very busy like where I am. So waiting time is different for every FO.
If you have been waiting more than 60 days, you should contact with your district's congressman/woman. I dont know where you live but you can google it and get the address. Then you can go and tell them about your case.

Thank you for the responce. I've been waiting for over 5 months since my Bio was done (11/08/2012). My FO is Los Angeles. I will difinitely contact with a congressman/woman.

Thanks again!

Folks,
I will submit my AOS package in May but I'm planning to change my address in two months. Does someone know if the change of address can somehow affect the process? I know that I will have to fill a form but I don't know if it will be updated right away.
thanks

I received NOA and Biometric letter yesterday. The appointment date for biometrics is scheduled for 4/29/2013. Can I walk In and perform Biomterics?

Folks,
I will submit my AOS package in May but I'm planning to change my address in two months. Does someone know if the change of address can somehow affect the process? I know that I will have to fill a form but I don't know if it will be updated right away.
thanks

Address change can be done in USCIS web site, you can also call them to double check after you changed your address.

I received NOA and Biometric letter yesterday. The appointment date for biometrics is scheduled for 4/29/2013. Can I walk In and perform Biomterics?

Yes you can do a walk-in. If your FO is too crowded, they may not let you do it but trying does not hurt.