• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

nodswen,

The documents are critical for the case but at the interview stage. Do not mail out these docs tomorrow. Once docs are submitted to the field office and they send you interview letter they will list some docs they want you to bring for the interview. In the event that they do not list financial docs, you will still need to bring them for the interview.
The Chicago office just checks that your Case number is current(DV Selection Letter was included) and that the I-485 was completed correctly. If the above is n order they send it to the field office who will adjudicate the case.
All the best.

They will delay it, but later ;) Joke aside, the reason people get anxious about the interview is if there is anything that you can't provide during the interview, your application gets delayed. I think initially they don't check any particulars. The lockbox checks if you submit the forms, $1070 check, DV letter, and you are current. Later, NBC checks probably for consistency between your application and your DV forms, verifies that you are really eligible, etc.

I have a distinct feeling that they don't check any particulars until the day of the interview. My IO asked me for the DV fee receipt even though it was in the file. We were told that this application goes through many hands before it ends up on IOs desk, so at every stage there may be checks for a different list of items. I know people who did not even submit DV fee and they were told during the interview that they should send it soon, after they sent it they got their welcome letter within a week. Of course every FO and IO may not be forgiving so it is best to send everything up front not to risk unnecessary delays.

Hi Minto64 and aos13, my wife (the DV winner) just received her I539 NOA letter which I didn't get to include in the I485 package. I only had my I129 NOA letter to prove her status. Do you guys think I should submit her I539 to the lockbox just in case?

Hi Minto64 and aos13, my wife (the DV winner) just received her I539 NOA letter which I didn't get to include in the I485 package. I only had my I129 NOA letter to prove her status. Do you guys think I should submit her I539 to the lockbox just in case?

I do not think you can just send the document, you probably need to resend the whole package. I would not send it, it should be enough to show it at the interview, but that's me.

So they called you to inform you? Never heard that one before. :confused:

Yes, I sent email request to USCIS regarding my case status and they called me after 2 weeks. At least I know that my case was transferred to local field office. I also included phone number.

Yes, I sent email request to USCIS regarding my case status and they called me after 2 weeks. At least I know that my case was transferred to local field office. I also included phone number.

I just had an e-mail response. Nice to see they also call.

CBP got rid of the paper I94. First time I wasn't gonna need to fill it on the shaky airplane tray, they got rid of it. Oh well.. :D

I do not think you can just send the document, you probably need to resend the whole package. I would not send it, it should be enough to show it at the interview, but that's me.

I will call USCIS and see what they have to say and report back. thanks.

Sure, you can go ahead and find out from USCIC by calling. I'm towing the same line as Minto and aos13 already did, you can't quite send additional documents to the Lockbox after sending in your I-485 package. Just have the document handy for when you go for your interview. In the interim if USCIC decides they need to see a document before scheduling your interview, an RFE will be sent to you (but that is not likely to happen in the case of a DV AOS because of the time sensitive nature of this adjustment). Your interview letter will contain any required document in addition to the list of the generic documents they've been asking for.

Finally got my interview letter today. My interview is on April 25, 2013. In 15 days!!! I believe that going to congresswoman helped a lot!

For those nervous ones like me, i just called USCIS and their advise is to wait until request of evidence instead submitting any additional information on my own. (Like many have advised the same here :) thanks again aos13!

Thanks folks, now I have to get ready for the interview. Any suggestions? I know that I have to take all my paperwork with me. Besides that?

Thanks folks, now I have to get ready for the interview. Any suggestions? I know that I have to take all my paperwork with me. Besides that?

congrats, dont worry too much about the interview. IO is usually nice.
Just be on time, understand each question IO is asking and answer each question with truth, and nothing but truth.

congrats mgcelik, finally you got it! just take all your originals with copies. If you are not working full time get I-134 affidavit of support.

Hi Mgcelik,

I have been waiting for the interview until now and they told me still in Background check!!! :(((
Any advices?? I did my Bio back in Jan08. I live in US since 2001 and changed couple of states how about you??

Thanks,

Hi Mgcelik,

I have been waiting for the interview until now and they told me still in Background check!!! :(((
Any advices?? I did my Bio back in Jan08. I live in US since 2001 and changed couple of states how about you??

Thanks,

It is really ridiculous. If I were you I would get an infopass every week to inquire. Have you checked with your FO to make sure your app is not filed under some other category by mistake?