• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Axyris,

So as not to confuse others, you do not need to contact USCIS field office. The KCC email confirm tells you to contact uscis, but this is impossible as uscis will direct you to the I-485 instructions. I have not read in any of the past DV AOS forums where anybody contacted uscis.

If you have collected all docs and received dos $330 receipt and kcc email confirm you can file 485. Download the instructions from uscis.gov and send your docs. On this thread you can find general docs that should be sent with your application.

Okay, thanks. I will file 485.

dv2013 paperwork to support dv embassy interview

Hi !
My (lucky) number in DV2013 is inching towards possible interview at the embassy
for the greencard win.
I am from Zimbabwe but many years ago in a robbery my high school certificates
were stolen and I have been trying all manner and mean of things to get replacements
without luck - schools, college and ministry of education.
This pertains to the 12 year schooling clause

BUT - I did go to university in the UK - where my interview would happen.
Is the embassy likely to accept university degree (incl. transcripts) in lieu of a high school certificate?
It's a UK university Bachelors with Hons.
I also have my english teacher certficiate which I would probably work in in the US if
I get there.

Thanks your advice!
M.

what does exactly a service request means? If I do that, What kind of information do I get?

A service request is what USCIS sends to your field office to remind them that they are behind and hopefully they will give you priority. If you haven't received any communication for more than 30 days, you can ask for a service request. It's not a sure thing but it may help to bring your case to attention in the field office.

thanks a lot friend. I didnt know about that. Will definitely call now. thanks again
By the way which phone number should I call?

I just talked to NCSC. They told me that it is related the FO that I apllied. they are still dealing with august applications, and I have been told that it may take up to 5 months to get an answer... That s.cks!

I just talked to NCSC. They told me that it is related the FO that I apllied. they are still dealing with august applications, and I have been told that it may take up to 5 months to get an answer... That s.cks!

They gave you the standard call center answer, we all know FOs are dealing with last year's stuff. You can call them again and again until somebody does send a service request on your behalf. Another thing you can do is to ask them to talk to somebody who can look at your file; they will make you wait on the line for 15-45 minutes, then an immigration officer will talk to you regarding your file; you can tell them that DV applications are usually expedited and visa numbers are limited and have to be assigned until Sep. 30, they are supposed to know this all but it helps to remind them, then maybe things will get rolling.

Also on the phone, you can ask them to give you an e-mail address for contact; if you write an e-mail to that address explaining your situation and ask them to expedite, they'll give you an answer in about 5-6 days; and hopefully they'll send something to your FO to catch their attention.

They gave you the standard call center answer, we all know FOs are dealing with last year's stuff. You can call them again and again until somebody does send a service request on your behalf. Another thing you can do is to ask them to talk to somebody who can look at your file; they will make you wait on the line for 15-45 minutes, then an immigration officer will talk to you regarding your file; you can tell them that DV applications are usually expedited and visa numbers are limited and have to be assigned until Sep. 30, they are supposed to know this all but it helps to remind them, then maybe things will get rolling.

Also on the phone, you can ask them to give you an e-mail address for contact; if you write an e-mail to that address explaining your situation and ask them to expedite, they'll give you an answer in about 5-6 days; and hopefully they'll send something to your FO to catch their attention.

Thank you very much. I will call tomorrow and tell them the things you mentioned. Hope it will work.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, I read through many pages of good info but have a couple of questions.

My case number is 2013EU00022*** which will be current in April before I can file AOS. The only thing I've done so far is I submitted DSP 122 and 230 to KCC, they received it on 2/25/13, I have not received a response from them...starting to worry as judging by signatures of many, an email confrimation was supposed to come in less than 2 weeks.

What would you do? Go ahead and send the $660 (for me and wife) dv lottery fee now in anticipation that dv payment receipt arrives on time to mail AOS package or wait for email from KCC and then send the fee? What if email from KCC never comes? My main concern is the high case number I have. I didn't see a single signature with number higher than mine and wondering what my chances are of getting a gc.
Thank you,
Alex

Hello,
It seems that my number will be current on july.
I'm not sure when should I send the Form I-485?
Should I wait or can I send the Form I-485 now?
Do you think that I have a chance to get the GC?
THANKS!

Last week I called the NCSC and talked to the level 2 person but she gave the information similar to the level 1. So dont be surprised if you get the same information. Seems like most of them do not understand the dv visa aos process.
So we made infopass and met with IO at our field office today. Initially IO gave me the same exact information similar to the level 1 and 2 rep on the customer service phone. But after she went in for some time and researching came back and told us that our file is scheduled for interview. We came back home and guess what we already received our interview letter for April.

So bottom line dont be surprised if IO on phone and at infopass ask you to wait 6 months. But still IO at infopass is the best place to get information or ask if they can look into your file. Today we also came to know that our case was wrongly coded and hence going to infopass helped us to rectify it.

Thank you very much. I will call tomorrow and tell them the things you mentioned. Hope it will work.

You will be fine, do not worry.

Call KCC and inform that you havent received the email yet. In the mean while send the money to DOS. I sent KCC forms and DOS payment simultaneously.

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, I read through many pages of good info but have a couple of questions.

My case number is 2013EU00022*** which will be current in April before I can file AOS. The only thing I've done so far is I submitted DSP 122 and 230 to KCC, they received it on 2/25/13, I have not received a response from them...starting to worry as judging by signatures of many, an email confrimation was supposed to come in less than 2 weeks.

What would you do? Go ahead and send the $660 (for me and wife) dv lottery fee now in anticipation that dv payment receipt arrives on time to mail AOS package or wait for email from KCC and then send the fee? What if email from KCC never comes? My main concern is the high case number I have. I didn't see a single signature with number higher than mine and wondering what my chances are of getting a gc.
Thank you,
Alex

okay we received the interview letter today for April. Along with the letter they gave us the generic list of documents we need to bring to the interview that includes birth certificate, high school diploma, pay stubs or I-134 aos, etc. I want to ask those who are going/went for the interview if they were ask for the similar generic documents.

I remember Kazore was asked for some specific documents, I would like to know if it was mentioned on the IL itself or on the generic list.

Today I went for the infopass and was told that our case for some reason was coded for I-130, which we never submitted. After some research IO told us that it will rectified and will get back to us in like two weeks. IO also told us that we may receive IL in like 60 days as their FO is really busy. But to our surprise later in the day our attorney informs us that we are scheduled for interview in April, she already received the IL letters.

IO at the infopass was really polite, so people go for infopass if any of you think that your specific cases are being delayed.

Hello,
It seems that my number will be current on july.
I'm not sure when should I send the Form I-485?
Should I wait or can I send the Form I-485 now?
Do you think that I have a chance to get the GC?
THANKS!

You should wait until june 30th to send. If you send earlier than your current month there is a risk of rejection. Of course you have chance. If you are from a country with a very low quota you might want to think about doing CP though.

okay we received the interview letter today for April. Along with the letter they gave us the generic list of documents we need to bring to the interview that includes birth certificate, high school diploma, pay stubs or I-134 aos, etc. I want to ask those who are going/went for the interview if they were ask for the similar generic documents.

I remember Kazore was asked for some specific documents, I would like to know if it was mentioned on the IL itself or on the generic list.

Today I went for the infopass and was told that our case for some reason was coded for I-130, which we never submitted. After some research IO told us that it will rectified and will get back to us in like two weeks. IO also told us that we may receive IL in like 60 days as their FO is really busy. But to our surprise later in the day our attorney informs us that we are scheduled for interview in April, she already received the IL letters.

IO at the infopass was really polite, so people go for infopass if any of you think that your specific cases are being delayed.

Wow good catch, so they do mistakes! Good to know infopass fixed things.

Regarding docs, I also got the generic list. Remember I was asking about whether I should bring copies of originals, there is actually a line in the generic list which says to bring copies and originals of everything we already submitted. They can lose stuff so better be safe.

Interesting that I do not see that in my list, may be every field office as their own list.

Were you asked for school/college degrees evaluation by world education service (WES). It is mentioned in mine, do I need to get that? My degrees are in English already. My wife who is a principle applicant got high school diploma translated and evaluated by WES.

Also did you receive a separate IL for you and your wife?

Wow good catch, so they do mistakes! Good to know infopass fixed things.
Regarding docs, I also got the generic list. Remember I was asking about whether I should bring copies of originals, there is actually a line in the generic list which says to bring copies and originals of everything we already submitted. They can lose stuff so better be safe.

Last week I called the NCSC and talked to the level 2 person but she gave the information similar to the level 1. So dont be surprised if you get the same information. Seems like most of them do not understand the dv visa aos process.
So we made infopass and met with IO at our field office today. Initially IO gave me the same exact information similar to the level 1 and 2 rep on the customer service phone. But after she went in for some time and researching came back and told us that our file is scheduled for interview. We came back home and guess what we already received our interview letter for April.

So bottom line dont be surprised if IO on phone and at infopass ask you to wait 6 months. But still IO at infopass is the best place to get information or ask if they can look into your file. Today we also came to know that our case was wrongly coded and hence going to infopass helped us to rectify it.
Well that is a good information. I went to Field Office with infopass and she told me to wait up to 5 months. I called today and same answer : 6 months.
I will call them back tomorrow and ask them what is going on? If I need to get an infopass and go to FO again, I will do that too. In my case, time is very important because I will go back to my country for the summer and I need that Green Card asap :)

Does the IL look like the NOA and Biometrics letter? For some reason our letter for the appointment looks different, it says please come to the office shown below in connection with an official matter and the reason for appointment is I-485 application to adjust status/dv case. When we get there they asked us to ask for immigration services officer. The interviews are usually conducted on different floor but we were assigned to go for the floor where they do infopass.

Also for the list of required documents they mentioned it on a separate white sheet.

Is this normal, please advise

Interview letter did not look like a NOA (I-797), it was like a specific format from our FO and the sender's address was from our FO. The generic list of documents was in an attached white page. Some of them applied and some of them did not apply to us but we tried to get even those that we knew were not required for us.

Pryanik :)

Does the IL look like the NOA and Biometrics letter? For some reason our letter for the appointment looks different, it says please come to the office shown below in connection with an official matter and the reason for appointment is I-485 application to adjust status/dv case. When we get there they asked us to ask for immigration services officer. The interviews are usually conducted on different floor but we were assigned to go for the floor where they do infopass.

Also for the list of required documents they mentioned it on a separate white sheet.

Is this normal, please advise