• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Take a deep breath. You did send your letter with bar code and DSP 122 to KCC, right? And you sent $330 to DoS St. Louis address with the self-stamped, self-addressed envelope, right? If these two are done, now you need to wait for the receipt from DoS which is simply the form you sent with a stamp on it.

If you have always been in status H/F/J etc. and you never used the visa waiver program, you can do AOS. In theory, you need to check with the USCIS field office, but people don't do that. You should receive an e-mail from KCC acknowledging that you are doing AOS. Having the receipt, and that e-mail, you can go ahead and submit the I-485 (with all other stuff that needs go together with I-485). BTW, last time I checked it was $1070.

Thanks a lot. I will contact USCIS now and see what's next. Never give up.. never give up.
All this is just confusing because there are so many possibilities to get information from (this website, diverse other blogs, forums, etc) Reading all the info can easily be too much.

I will get back here what i get from the USCIS field office.

I read quite few times on other threads that IO's at the end of the interview say that they need to get a final approval from the supervisor. So its a common, pinodyno should get an infopass and find out at the FO whats going on.

You should definitely get an infopass and inquire at your fo what is going on. I never heard of a superior officer needing to approve, usually the io approves the case. Anybody else wants to jump in and share opinion about this ?

Earlier I called FBI to check on the status of fingerprinting, apparently they do not provide that information anymore.
We are still waiting to receive the letter, going for an infopass to find out whats going on. Our FO has a history of delaying the issuance of interview letters in the past.

Thanks a lot. I will contact USCIS now and see what's next. Never give up.. never give up.
All this is just confusing because there are so many possibilities to get information from (this website, diverse other blogs, forums, etc) Reading all the info can easily be too much.

I will get back here what i get from the USCIS field office.

Axyris,

So as not to confuse others, you do not need to contact USCIS field office. The KCC email confirm tells you to contact uscis, but this is impossible as uscis will direct you to the I-485 instructions. I have not read in any of the past DV AOS forums where anybody contacted uscis.

If you have collected all docs and received dos $330 receipt and kcc email confirm you can file 485. Download the instructions from uscis.gov and send your docs. On this thread you can find general docs that should be sent with your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey folks, this is for the ones who are waiting for an interview letter.
i completed my biometrics Jan 30, 2013 and have been waiting for the interview letter. I got an infopass and went to USCIS to get an information or an idea. They said to me that they can not give any information about it, and process can take up to a year! So, all we can do is waiting for now

Thanks Sm1smom

There seems to be several people going interview next week.
I am pretty much done for the preparation of all documents to bring in (all I need to do is what to wear lol)
so I just wish everybody's interview will go smoothly.

Mgcelik,
What exactly you asked them? Did you say that yours is dv application? Did you speak to IO or customer representative?

last week I called uscis and talked to them about my case on the phone. the guy i talked on the phone told me that the office(tampa,fl) still dealing with August,2012 cases. Then I got an infopass and want to ask them face to face what the deal is. Today I talked to an IO at tha uscis office and told her about my status ( dv lottery, AOS, did the biometrics 6 weeks ago etc etc). she simply said "just wait".

Pinodyno,
Your approval letter is for the EAD only. The GC welcome letter tells you that you are now a permanent resident etc

Your application may have needed supervisor approval possibly because the IO may not have been familiar with DV cases or because you had Follow to join(FTJ) for your wife. review the whole Dv2012 thread as there was a forumite with FTJ, I think there are also details on this thread on the procedures and coordination with KCC for FTJ. Once reviewed schedule infopass and also call KCC to inquire about your file and whether they have details on your FTJ. This may be holding up your GC. Have your interview letter when you go for infopass.
The little I know is that you have to get your GC to initiate the FTJ and there may be a disconnect with the io who does not understand the process.
Kindly post your info on the timeline to see whether others in the same field office experience delays.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Thanks for your advise.will schedule an infopass ASAP and also call KCC to complain.will revert soonest

last week I called uscis and talked to them about my case on the phone. the guy i talked on the phone told me that the office(tampa,fl) still dealing with August,2012 cases. Then I got an infopass and want to ask them face to face what the deal is. Today I talked to an IO at tha uscis office and told her about my status ( dv lottery, AOS, did the biometrics 6 weeks ago etc etc). she simply said "just wait".

Could you please update the spreadsheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

How much influence a U visa application have on AOS process. Last year my husband saved some one from getting killed. He was the prime witness,and helped state to catch and put 4 guys behind jail. Later we were advised to file U visa by state attorney. His application is under process, and we might have our AOS interview before we know the outcome of U visa. What are you guys think U visa application will affect the AOS interview? I spoke to an attorney and she said you will be asked questions regarding U visa in the interview. As per the laws personal info in the U visa is highly confidential and cannot be shared with any one except VSC Adjudications staff under any circumstances.
Thanks!!

Hey Guys,
Got another quick question.

I am eligible through my wife's country(chargeability) and I got chosen. I know this is allowed, so hopefully nothing goes wrong(still worries me LOL.).
Just wanted to see if any one knows if I have to prepare extra paper work in this case?

Also, If I was doing CP I would have to come to US with her(Something about DV1 and DV2 visa). But since I am already here I guess it doesn't really matter?

Just sent my AOS fee in.

Thanks,

Good luck today, aos13 :)

motk: good luck to you to, 3/18 is just around the corner!

Thanks Sm1smom and pritu_sharma! We did the interview today, I think we are greened! :) After the interview the IO gave us a piece of paper that says that there will be a decision at some point, and said that they will make the final decision after security check. So I asked if they are waiting on the background check, IO didn't say yes, but didn't say no either! So we left the interview, and I was really bummed because I was expecting a decision. And couple of hours later I got an SMS and checked the online thingy, voila card production! And later it turned back to decision. So I guess we are fine.

The interview was pretty standard. First thing IO asked was the original receipt of the DV fee! If anybody remembers my agony over that some time ago, my heart dropped! :) I told that I submitted the original so the IO went through the pages and found it, it felt like minutes. They need another copy for the second application too. Then we went through the form verifying everything on the form. Then we were asked for original birth certificates. Since we sent original transcripts, we weren't asked for any other diploma original. Then we were asked for a current employment letter since the one in the application was from January. Then IO asked if we are current and checked online that we still are. IO made it to a point to ask both of us if we have had other marriages and other children than listed on the form (that puts a long debate on this forum to rest I guess!!), or if there are anybody else in our household.

And that was it. After folders and folders of documents, the only things we had to show were passports, birth certificates, employment letter, DV fee and principal applicant's latest immigration status. Of course we had already sent everything but we weren't asked to show originals of everything. For example the IO didn't care to see original police records or marriage certificate etc.

In our case the IO had a checklist to go through, after every question put a check mark there. At the very end of the checklist was "approved" and we didn't get a check there during the interview.:rolleyes: The IO checked the medicals in front of us, I guess they don't really look at it until the interview.

There is a whole bunch doing their interviews in March, good luck guys!

I don't quite get this section of your question, can you clarify it?

Also, If I was doing CP I would have to come to US with her(Something about DV1 and DV2 visa). But since I am already here I guess it doesn't really matter?

Are you referring to the $330 DV fee? That is quite different from the AOS fee which gets sent with the I-485 package

Just sent my AOS fee in.

congrats aos13,

but I feel you too, I am expecting "the decision" on the day of the interview.
will see what will happen to me.....

Congratualtions and thank you for the comment.
I received a lot of SMS today too, but that was for my EAD that left today.

Congrats aos13! The journey is over ;)
Thanks! ;)

varxx said:
Congratulations aos13!!!!
Thanks!

rnotk said:
congrats aos13,

but I feel you too, I am expecting "the decision" on the day of the interview.
will see what will happen to me.....

Thanks, you're next! Good luck! I guess every FO really does things differently. Maybe it was their policy not to disclose any decision during the interview. But I was pretty bummed :D

kazore said:
Congratualtions and thank you for the comment.
I received a lot of SMS today too, but that was for my EAD that left today.
Thanks, your interview is getting close too, good luck.

mgcelik, you can call USCIS and ask them to send a service request to your FO, maybe it will help.

I didn't realize how busy these people are, my FO was very crowded and I don't live where would be a first choice for immigrants. They go through like a million cases every year and may be couple of thousand of them are DV AOS, so no wonder nobody knows/cares about it.