• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I'm from Belize, Central America. They usually only get a handful of people selected every year (>10 sometimes). I really hope that's not the case.

It seems like this year they registered 22 winners for Belize. I don't know if all 22 have been notified, and I don't know what your country's quota is, but it seems low. Last year there was only one visa issued, the year before it was 8.

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY12AnnualReport-TableVII.pdf

It all depends on who qualifies, how many dependents they have, and whether their case numbers are lower than yours.
Though deal :( Is there a way you can find out how many interviews were scheduled at the embassy in Belize? At least you'd know how many people bothered to follow through. If what I'm speculating is correct, you may get a visa number if somebody is disqualified, but you'd rather know it for a fact, so you can call the US embassy in Belize for information whether this is correct or not. Good luck.

The whats the purpose of the rank order number cut-off, isn't it to distribute visas orderly?

Yes but the thing is that number is ordered within the region, not the country. So your number is 500, and all your countrymen had numbers less than 500, then you are at the end of the line :( Some other country in your region may have numbers more than 500 so they will continue to apply. I think at the end, the visa numbers that were unused will be redistributed among regions, so you may end up getting a number, but again this is speculation.

I just talked to the level 2 representative on the phone and I received some conflicting information. The lady said that our case is still at the NBC and it may take few months before the case is sent to the field office. She also said that DV lottery visa applicants do not go for interview. I was not sure if she knew what she was talking about.
If you look at the question 8 below in the link, dv cases are processed and sent from NBC to the local field office right away.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=5V093QQufVwbFE7eob65Tw&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmg

I just talked to the level 2 representative on the phone and I received some conflicting information. The lady said that our case is still at the NBC and it may take few months before the case is sent to the field office. She also said that DV lottery visa applicants do not go for interview. I was not sure if she knew what she was talking about.
If you look at the question 8 below in the link, dv cases are processed and sent from NBC to the local field office right away.

Varxx,

I am not a uscis official but would say you were misinformed. Most DV cases require an interview. In past years field offices such as Detroit approved several cases without interviews, I haven't seen any this year. I recall once I had been approved I would call and speak with level 2 officers and they would advise that my card had not been sent to production. Next day I check my mail and the card is in the mail. Take all they advise with a pinch of salt. This may also be a new policy with sequestration/ uscis budget cuts.

Having said that, you completed your fingerprints two weeks ago. You should get interview letter before the end of the month.

thanks Minto64 for your input, I appreciate! It really frustrates that the information they provide is so misleading. We got worried when she said that our file is still in NBC and will be sent to local field office in few months time. She did not even knowledge that DV cases are expedited due to the limited time, she was saying that the cases are processed according to the standard processing times in the local field offices.According to her, our FO is taking care of August/12 right now.

I recall once I had been approved I would call and speak with level 2 officers and they would advise that my card had not been sent to production. Next day I check my mail and the card is in the mail. Take all they advise with a pinch of salt. This may also be a new policy with sequestration/ uscis budget cuts.
Having said that, you completed your fingerprints two weeks ago. You should get interview letter before the end of the month.

varxx,

The same thing happend to me. I went to our field office and they confirmed that my package is there. They told me to wait to receive the interview letter.

Next week I called NBC to talk to a second level rep. She checked my case and told me my package is still at NBC. She said that my package has not yet sent to my field office. she said I have to wait couple of months more! I was completely shocked. 2 days later, I got the interview letter.

For me the conclusion was that their databases are not completely updated in realtime.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=5V093QQufVwbFE7eob65Tw&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dmg

"Deja Vu" she said exactly same to me! I guess may be she is the same one :)
Update of information is similar to the case status on the USCIS website, not in real time I guess like you said.

Your info clearly helped us to relax and not worry, thanks!!

The same thing happend to me. I went to our field office and they confirmed that my package is there.
Next week I called NBC to talk to a second level rep. She checked my case and told me my package is still at NBC. She said that my package has not yet sent to my field office. she said I have to wait couple of months more! I was completely shocked. 2 days later, I got the interview letter.
For me the conclusion was that their databases are not completely updated in realtime.

Still waiting for my interview letter!! 2 months now since my Biometrics!!! :(

Waiting is really painful. I have also the same situation. We completed biometrics on 24th Jan, still no clue about interview letter. Online status still stuck in "cannot find" status. I called to USCIS talked to whatever 2nd level representative and I was told that the application file has sent to the field office whose processing speed is like a 'turtle pace' based on my personal research. So, pretty much...frustu...but no other options than waiting.

Did you try an infopass?

Waiting is really painful. I have also the same situation. We completed biometrics on 24th Jan, still no clue about interview letter. Online status still stuck in "cannot find" status. I called to USCIS talked to whatever 2nd level representative and I was told that the application file has sent to the field office whose processing speed is like a 'turtle pace' based on my personal research. So, pretty much...frustu...but no other options than waiting.

Hi guys, following up - I received my interview notice last week and my interview is in a few weeks. I did Biometrics in October, so the wait between biometrics and interview was a little over 5 months. I'll add info to the spreadsheet.

Can you please tell your Field Office or include your info in the timeline sheet for those who are still playing the waiting game?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Pryanik :)

Hi guys, following up - I received my interview notice last week and my interview is in a few weeks. I did Biometrics in October, so the wait between biometrics and interview was a little over 5 months. I'll add info to the spreadsheet.

Can someone plz copy me the link for AOS timelines from the past years? My field office will be Minneapolis, and I couldn't find any information for Minneapolis field office. I tried looking on this website, and could only find 2010 timeline.
Thank you.