• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Our interview is next week and I'm getting anxious. I'll probably ask whole bunch of questions until then. Here's one: there was this one form we submitted but we were not supposed to sign until the interview, does anybody remember signing a form at the interview? Which one was it?

My suggestion is do nothing, you/your wife will be okay. DS-230 is not quite necessary for AOS, although it seems like a lot of people sent it in with their DS-230. I personally did not send in DS-230 for my dependents, I only sent in DSP-122 for myself upon my selection notification (I did call KCC about this before sending the form, and I was told it's optional, so I opted to not fill it out and it was never mentioned during my interview).

Just make sure you indicate your wife's current status on the I-485 form, that's the one that really matters to USCIC.

Good luck!

Thank you for the information.

I am the primary applicant ,and have submitted DSP 122 and DS 230 for myself and wife. But My wife's status has changed from OPT to H1B since filing the forms. What should I do to change the status for my wife?

Thanks for the help.

I think you're referring to the DS-230 form which is an optional form for AOS. I did not send one in and it was never raised during my interview.

Our interview is next week and I'm getting anxious. I'll probably ask whole bunch of questions until then. Here's one: there was this one form we submitted but we were not supposed to sign until the interview, does anybody remember signing a form at the interview? Which one was it?

I think you're referring to the DS-230 form which is an optional form for AOS. I did not send one in and it was never raised during my interview.

OK, thanks. I have another question about the interview. During the interview, was anybody asked to submit copies of

a) any documents that were already filed with I-485,
b) documents that were taken as supplementary to the interview?

I know the default answer is to be prepared and take everything with me :) I just want to know if people were asked to submit copies of things that were already submitted for example. We already have like 100 pages of documents, with the copies it'll be 200, so I am trying to prioritize.

Yes.

Do you think 100 or 200 pages is too much?

Pryanik :)

OK, thanks. I have another question about the interview. During the interview, was anybody asked to submit copies of

a) any documents that were already filed with I-485,
b) documents that were taken as supplementary to the interview?

I know the default answer is to be prepared and take everything with me :) I just want to know if people were asked to submit copies of things that were already submitted for example. We already have like 100 pages of documents, with the copies it'll be 200, so I am trying to prioritize.

To both.

Take as many documents as you think it could be necessary in your case because YMMV. They even kept some of the extra documents I took and they weren't listed on the letter.

Pryanik :)

OK, thanks. The thing is, for example a single H1B petition can be 60 pages or more, so does the IO at the interview look at (or wants to keep) every single page of it, or just the end result which is the NOA that says it was approved? That's the difference between an extra 60 pages or just one page. Same thing with tax returns, will they keep the copy of the whole return or, say, just the W-2? Or how about the copies of the medical exams, they already have the originals, but do I have to make copies of the copies I have just in case they ask for it again?

BTW, that "like 100 pages" was a figure of speech, I didn't actually care to count the number of documents we have.

Thanks

My suggestion is do nothing, you/your wife will be okay. DS-230 is not quite necessary for AOS, although it seems like a lot of people sent it in with their DS-230. I personally did not send in DS-230 for my dependents, I only sent in DSP-122 for myself upon my selection notification (I did call KCC about this before sending the form, and I was told it's optional, so I opted to not fill it out and it was never mentioned during my interview).

Just make sure you indicate your wife's current status on the I-485 form, that's the one that really matters to USCIC.

Good luck!

Hey Sm1smom,

Thank you for the response. I am going to make the necessary update on I-485.

We are in the process of doing our medical examination. But I do not have any vaccination record from back home. Do I need one? How does the medical doctor will verify on what vaccination needed?

Thanks again.

Do I need one? How does the medical doctor will verify on what vaccination needed?

You need all vaccinations up to date for the physician to sign I-693. Doctor may ask you to take the required vaccines. If you can, get the medical records from your country asap.

Hey Sm1smom,
We are in the process of doing our medical examination. But I do not have any vaccination record from back home. Do I need one? How does the medical doctor will verify on what vaccination needed?

Depending on your age, not all vaccines may be necessary. The physician knows which ones you'll need for the purposes of the immigration physical. He/she will tell you which ones you'll need. Chances are you'll need about three injections that you can get done in a public health clinic.

You need all vaccinations up to date for the physician to sign I-693. Doctor may ask you to take the required vaccines. If you can, get the medical records from your country asap.

We replied at the same time so I didn't see your reply. For what it's worth, I don't think whether you have your vaccination record from your country or not is a big deal. Probably MMR, influenza and TD are what's needed for most of us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to send in the payment for AOS. Did you all use money order/cashier's check? Can this be done with a personal check?
Thanks!

If you are talking about the DV fee to DoS in St. Louis, it has to be a cashier's check or postal money order.
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html

The check that goes with the I-485 can be a personal check, make sure to write your case number on it.

On a second thought, the I-485 check better be a personal check. That way, you can check if it is cashed. Also, if paying for more than one, writing separate checks is a good idea, in case one of the applications is returned for whatever reason (missing document etc. and some times they are returned for no reason really), the other applications will also be returned if there is only one check covering all of them.

yeah you are right, some immunizations are not required to be taken now if no records are available.

Good luck with your interview!!

We replied at the same time so I didn't see your reply. For what it's worth, I don't think whether you have your vaccination record from your country or not is a big deal. Probably MMR, influenza and TD are what's needed for most of us.

Don't stress yourself if you don't have your immunization record. As an adult, the doctor will administer only the medically necessary vaccines, which is about 3 or so. Of course, it's different if you have younger kids.

Hey Sm1smom,

Thank you for the response. I am going to make the necessary update on I-485.

Thanks again.

Or how about the copies of the medical exams, they already have the originals, but do I have to make copies of the copies I have just in case they ask for it again?

I really don't think you need to bring a copy of the medical exam. First don't forget you're not supposed to see it, it must be in a sealed envelope. How is it possible to bring a certified copy when the original is in a closed envelope? Second I guess when you are at the interview level they already examined your case and went through the medical exams forms. Otherwise in the interview letter they would have asked you explicitly to bring the medical forms.

Otherwise they ask for certified IRS printouts for the past year. What do they mean by certified? We can order online a copy of previous tax returns here. Is it ok?

Same for superior education diplomas, do I need to prepare a certified translation?