• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

when to send Chicago Package ?

Thanks for the link. You can see that many people have sent their packages before becoming current and they got accepted.
There was one guy 'eooedada' with a high case number, who became current in August. Yet, he sent his package in October of the last year and it got accepted and he even went for biometrics early. He had to wait 7 months after that to revceive his interview letter ... isn't strange ?

Last edited by a moderator:
AOS process... what??

Hey all,

I posed in this form a while ago and I have to say thanks to everybody replying with such helpful info :)
you make the life to go through this much easier.

But I am at a point where I am totally confused...

Quick recap

- I won DV2013 lottery. My case is current (WAS current) in February.
- Freaking out about the time I started getting all docs together... (police report from home country, medical report, docs,...)
- I sent the Form 122 to Kentucky to tell them that I want to do AOS ( I am an H1B holder)
- I sent the 330 USD fee

I waited to get any 'confirmation' back from them about sending this 495 doc to Chicago Lockbox with 1095USD for this AOS process... still not sure if i have to send them any other docs.

anyways...

I was writing Kentucky (KCC DV) an email the other day, asking what happened with my status.
Got a reply that they cannot tell me anything about this case. (why??) and they told me i should ask CIS for this. Again: Why??? Do i have to check with them if i am eligible to do AOS??
Also they mentioned something that if CIS determines that I am eligible I have to pay the 300 fee to DOS.
I paid it already without waiting for CIS to get back to me. i thought this is separate.

I am again.. confused with all this.
Where to send what and who to ask when what...

I am also nervous that the time is running out ... and i dont want to send the 1000something dollar to Chicago without knowing what I can do or having any confirmation so what.

Please please... can anybody give a clear step by step instruction of an AOS. Where to send what and what to wait for....

*sweat*

thanks

- I sent the Form 122 to Kentucky to tell them that I want to do AOS ( I am an H1B holder)
- I sent the 330 USD fee

I waited to get any 'confirmation' back from them about sending this 495 doc to Chicago Lockbox with 1095USD for this AOS process... still not sure if i have to send them any other docs.

Take a deep breath. You did send your letter with bar code and DSP 122 to KCC, right? And you sent $330 to DoS St. Louis address with the self-stamped, self-addressed envelope, right? If these two are done, now you need to wait for the receipt from DoS which is simply the form you sent with a stamp on it.

If you have always been in status H/F/J etc. and you never used the visa waiver program, you can do AOS. In theory, you need to check with the USCIS field office, but people don't do that. You should receive an e-mail from KCC acknowledging that you are doing AOS. Having the receipt, and that e-mail, you can go ahead and submit the I-485 (with all other stuff that needs go together with I-485). BTW, last time I checked it was $1070.

Hello forum members,I just got to know of this site and I'm so happy to have discovered it.Please I have an issue that I believe you can help me with.I am in the US and applied for AOS under the DV program. I became current in November 2012. I did my bio in December 2012 and my interview in January 2013. However, it is more than a month since my interview and I have only received my EAD to date. What could be holding my GC. The status check revealed that my I-495 is still under acceptance. Please what could be the problem. I'm getting a bit concerned

Hello forum members,I just got to know of this site and I'm so happy to have discovered it.Please I have an issue that I believe you can help me with.I am in the US and applied for AOS under the DV program. I became current in November 2012. I did my bio in December 2012 and my interview in January 2013. However, it is more than a month since my interview and I have only received my EAD to date. What could be holding my GC. The status check revealed that my I-495 is still under acceptance. Please what could be the problem. I'm getting a bit concerned

Did they change the name of this form since I submitted ? :confused: :)

There are a few people who are still waiting on their interview letters, more than a month as a matter of fact. Here is what you guys can do: call the USCIS and tell them you have been waiting for more than 30 days since any last communication from USCIS, then they will issue a service request for your FO. You can also ask to talk to a level 2 person, and ask him what the holdup is. They most probably will tell you it is "normal", but they will send the service request and hopefully you'll get an interview letter.

Next thing is to get an infopass and go to your field office and ask them what the holdup is. You can tell them that this is a DV based application in case they didn't notice, and hopefully things can get rolling again.

Did they change the name of this form since I submitted ? :confused: :)

There are a few people who are still waiting on their interview letters, more than a month as a matter of fact. Here is what you guys can do: call the USCIS and tell them you have been waiting for more than 30 days since any last communication from USCIS, then they will issue a service request for your FO. You can also ask to talk to a level 2 person, and ask him what the holdup is. They most probably will tell you it is "normal", but they will send the service request and hopefully you'll get an interview letter.

Next thing is to get an infopass and go to your field office and ask them what the holdup is. You can tell them that this is a DV based application in case they didn't notice, and hopefully things can get rolling again.

Sorry I missed the part you said you already did your interview. But the above is still valid, you can still call them to find out. At the interview, were you told that you've been approved? Did you get a welcome letter?

Waited too long?

Hi all,

Only found this forum about 3-4 days ago and read all posts since the very beginning. I am absolutely amazed at how much good information there is here, at how fast everyone gets a response and at how constructive and positive everyone is. Didn't think that was possible online anymore :) . I am in AOS for 2013 myself, after F1 and now H1B, and my application was 99% complete when I found this and the good news is everything looks great, after reading all the posts I feel pretty good about the job I did so far. Bad news is I had to learn it all the hard way, lots of googling, murky uscis pages, iffy forums, phone-calls, uncertainty etc. Wish I found this way sooner.

The only problem with my application is that I obviously waited too long and wasted a month and a half. So my question is does anyone know of any case in previous years when applying middle of March was too late? As far as I could tell from reading 2011 and 2012 threads and a little bit other years, but not nearly as much as 2013, this hasn't been the case. But I was feeling relaxed about the whole thing and now I'm a little worried, I would be really kicking myself. I know there's a very good chance there won't be any problem but my question is is there any chance that it could be too late. I'm sending the application tomorrow morning and will be using the San Antonio, TX FO.

Also, as a smaller question, is it ok to use delivery signature required or is it safer not to? I will include the E-notification form either way.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Hi all,

The only problem with my application is that I obviously waited too long and wasted a month and a half. So my question is does anyone know of any case in previous years when applying middle of March was too late?

Also, as a smaller question, is it ok to use delivery signature required or is it safer not to? I will include the E-notification form either way.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

As long as you are not from a country with extremely small quota you should be fine. I don't know if anybody actually receives the packages so signature may not be available.
Btw what is this NL1 you received?

As long as you are not from a country with extremely small quota you should be fine. I don't know if anybody actually receives the packages so signature may not be available.
Btw what is this NL1 you received?

I meant the very first email from KCC, the notification letter that I was selected, with the bar code. Pretty sure everyone got that. Second one was the AOS comfirmation. That's all I got from them and both were emails, nothing through the mail.

As far the quota it seems like my country has an above average quota for most years, in the top 10 countries for Europe. But I guess I should have applied sooner...

Thanks a lot

I meant the very first email from KCC, the notification letter that I was selected, with the bar code. Pretty sure everyone got that. Second one was the AOS comfirmation. That's all I got from them and both were emails,

The selection letter is what we see on the DV web site, they don't email it?

Maybe KCC never sent your file to the field office. You should try to call KCC and and them where is your file. You should schedule an infopass asap too. What did they tell after the interview? Did you have a good feeling? Did they take your I-94?

Btw can you please complete the spreadsheet? It is very helpful for everybody.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE

Sorry I missed the part you said you already did your interview. But the above is still valid, you can still call them to find out. At the interview, were you told that you've been approved? Did you get a welcome letter?[/QUOsince

The interview went well. The officer advised that I would get my GC within 3 weeks but that he needs to get approval from a superior officer. The only letter I have received so far is the one forwarding the EAD with an indication that my application has been approved. So I really don't know ifnthe approval is just for the I 765 or it also covers for the I 485 since I applied for both. I have a dependent (my wife) I need to bring over. Time is of the essence. I hope you understand and appreciate my concern.I'm already in a STATE! I don't know if I should call or WHAT?

Sorry I missed the part you said you already did your interview. But the above is still valid, you can still call them to find out. At the interview, were you told that you've been approved? Did you get a welcome letter?[/QUOsince

The interview went well. The officer advised that I would get my GC within 3 weeks but that he needs to get approval from a superior officer. The only letter I have received so far is the one forwarding the EAD with an indication that my application has been approved. So I really don't know ifnthe approval is just for the I 765 or it also covers for the I 485 since I applied for both. I have a dependent (my wife) I need to bring over. Time is of the essence. I hope you understand and appreciate my concern.I'm already in a STATE! I don't know if I should call or WHAT?

You should definitely get an infopass and inquire at your fo what is going on. I never heard of a superior officer needing to approve, usually the io approves the case. Anybody else wants to jump in and share opinion about this ?

Pinodyno,
Your approval letter is for the EAD only. The GC welcome letter tells you that you are now a permanent resident etc

Your application may have needed supervisor approval possibly because the IO may not have been familiar with DV cases or because you had Follow to join(FTJ) for your wife. review the whole Dv2012 thread as there was a forumite with FTJ, I think there are also details on this thread on the procedures and coordination with KCC for FTJ. Once reviewed schedule infopass and also call KCC to inquire about your file and whether they have details on your FTJ. This may be holding up your GC. Have your interview letter when you go for infopass.
The little I know is that you have to get your GC to initiate the FTJ and there may be a disconnect with the io who does not understand the process.
Kindly post your info on the timeline to see whether others in the same field office experience delays.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE