• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

minimum passport validity for AOS interview

Hi, every body
I will have my AOS interview in march through dvlottery
how long the passport validity to get the stamp or the green card
thanks

Tajoura,

Usually you won't get a visa stamp when you go through AOS. If your case gets approved, you will receive your green card directly. USCIS requires the applicants to have a valid passport, which means having at least 6 months to expiration.

Hi, every body
thanks

I dont know the exact answer for your question but as you can see in this chart

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

most of people received their GC within 2 weeks after their interview
so I think its better for you to wait until your GC arrives and renewal your passport unless it will expire before your interview.

BTW, if you dont mind, please add your info to this chart to help other people in process??

Hi, every body
thanks

minimum passport validity for AOS interview

I dont know the exact answer for your question but as you can see in this chart

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

most of people received their GC within 2 weeks after their interview
so I think its better for you to wait until your GC arrives and renewal your passport unless it will expire before your interview.

BTW, if you dont mind, please add your info to this chart to help other people in process??

my passport expires in July and my interview in March

is it required to have passport valid for 6 months to get the green card after the successful interview or not.

Tajoura,

It is better to get your passport renewed for your interview. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months on the day of your interview.

is it required to have passport valid for 6 months to get the green card after the successful interview or not.

Hi,

I live in California but am an international student. I don't have a california ID card. Will it affect the greencard if I don't have one? Shall I make one quick?

I am really happy to see all the members getting there GC's without much of trouble, and I hope it stays the same for everyone.
Cheers!!

The requirement really is to have a 6 months' validity on your passport. However I don't think a 4 month validity on your passport will create any issue for you at the time of your interview in view of the fact that you will most likely not be stamped with a visa (like it's done with those undergoing CP). Your GC will be sent almost immediately if your interview is successful so there is no need for an interim I-555 visa stamp.

Having said that, if you're able to renew your passport before your interview, you should consider renewing. But if renewing your passport before your interview is likely to be a herculean task, I'm certain the current validity is not likely to create a problem.

Not having a California ID will not negate your GC application/interview. Your passport can serve the purpose of Photo ID when you show up for your interview or go for Biometric. But then, you may want to apply for the ID as a secondary form of identification just in case they request for one. But if you already have an EAD/AP card, you can equally use that as a second form of ID.

Hi,

I live in California but am an international student. I don't have a california ID card. Will it affect the greencard if I don't have one? Shall I make one quick?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Today, I had my interview at the Portland's field office. The interview was scheduled for 12:30. I checked in one hour earlier. The officer called my name around 12:45. The officer was a nice (but very serious) lady. My interview experience was very straight forward. She just asked for my passport and driving license. She removed the I-94 form and told me that I don't need that anymore. She went through the questions on I485. At last, she said that she will approve my case and I should receive my GC soon by mail. She didn't ask for any other documents.

Overall, it took about 15 minutes.

I will be still hanging out in the forum to help others. I wish you the best of luck.

Congrats! It's weird they asked for a dirver's license but nothing else :)

I'll try a walk-in bio tomorrow. Do they take away the bio notice? Do they give some kind of a receipt to show that I did the bio?

I'm guessing the DL was asked for as a 2nd form of ID.

Good luck with your walk-in. You will get the Bio notice back with a stamp on it indicating when bio was done and the info about the USCIC rep that handled the case.

I'll try a walk-in bio tomorrow. Do they take away the bio notice? Do they give some kind of a receipt to show that I did the bio?

Having said that, if you're able to renew your passport before your interview, you should consider renewing. But if renewing your passport before your interview is likely to be a herculean task, I'm certain the current validity is not likely to create a problem.

May be Tajoura can take infopass at the FO to get an accurate info

I'm guessing the DL was asked for as a 2nd form of ID.

Good luck with your walk-in. You will get the Bio notice back with a stamp on it indicating when bio was done and the info about the USCIC rep that handled the case.

My case is the same as Sm1smom, I got my bio letter back with a stamp on it.
I asked for some form of receipt, and they said the letter with a stamp will serve as a receipt.

Hi everyone,

Today, I had my interview at the Portland's field office. The interview was scheduled for 12:30. I checked in one hour earlier. The officer called my name around 12:45. The officer was a nice (but very serious) lady. My interview experience was very straight forward. She just asked for my passport and driving license. She removed the I-94 form and told me that I don't need that anymore. She went through the questions on I485. At last, she said that she will approve my case and I should receive my GC soon by mail. She didn't ask for any other documents.

Overall, it took about 15 minutes.

I will be still hanging out in the forum to help others. I wish you the best of luck.

congratulation!!!!!!!!