• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Although your record is clean, it's preferable that you have all of them handy.

Simple copies of the certificate with your I-485 are fine (don't worry about them having to be notorized).

I'm guessing the DL was asked for as a 2nd form of ID.
I understand that but it is ironic that you go there with whole bunch of documents and all they ask is a driver's license :) Having said that, two forms of photo IDs are required almost for anything from airports to banks, but practically only one does the trick. Not in a FO apparently.

Good luck with your walk-in. You will get the Bio notice back with a stamp on it indicating when bio was done and the info about the USCIC rep that handled the case.

Thank you and rnotk for the info.

Has been 4 days since interview and still no status update, is that normal ?

How come you are current in April and had interview in February?? ASC in St. Louis, FO in Chicago? Wow. One of them must have been one heck of a drive. :)

Never mind, you were current in October. How was the Bio experience in St. Louis? I'm going there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. When can you start working: when your I-765 is approved or when you receive you EAD?
2. How long do you wait for EAD, from the time you send your AOS packet? I other words, if I'll be current in May, when can I expect my EAD.

As always, thanks a million for your help!

1. When can you start working: when your I-765 is approved or when you receive you EAD?
2. How long do you wait for EAD, from the time you send your AOS packet? I other words, if I'll be current in May, when can I expect my EAD.

1. AFAIK you have to have the EAD card in your hands to be authorized to work.
2. I think you can't get it before the Biometric appt. I don't know how long after.

1. I assume you will need to present your EAD card must of the time to prove your authorization. I know some companies participate in the E-Verify program (www.uscis.gov/E-Verify) that lets them check your status online without a need for the physical card. Anyway, I think it is safe to have the card in hand.

2. Generally, receiving the EAD card takes anything between 2 to 3 months.

Status Update

How come you are current in April and had interview in February?? ASC in St. Louis, FO in Chicago? Wow. One of them must have been one heck of a drive. :)

Never mind, you were current in October. How was the Bio experience in St. Louis? I'm going there too.

Sorry, corrected spreadsheet, Bio was Illinois....

1. I assume you will need to present your EAD card must of the time to prove your authorization. I know some companies participate in the E-Verify program (www.uscis.gov/E-Verify) that lets them check your status online without a need for the physical card. Anyway, I think it is safe to have the card in hand.

2. Generally, receiving the EAD card takes anything between 2 to 3 months.

Thanks

I have a question, how is the FO offices structured? Do they look like visa centers (embassies) in other countries, like a glass separating the applicant and IO?

In our case, it was like a "normal" office. The IO with her chair, her desk where her desktop was, and two confortable chairs for us. It was a nice office.

Pryanik :)

I have a question, how is the FO offices structured? Do they look like visa centers (embassies) in other countries, like a glass separating the applicant and IO?

Waiting!!

Looks like two applicants (rnotk and aos13), out of the applicants current in January, received their interview letters so far, Congratulations!!

Others are waiting badly for that. I have not much hope to get letter quicker given Fairfax, Va field office. If you guys have any experiences/stories, pls....

since our bio date was scheduled on the same day, so I think it is matter of time for you to get your interview letter.
I hope your FO is not very busy and get your letter soon. be patient!!:)

Looks like two applicants (rnotk and aos13), out of the applicants current in January, received their interview letters so far, Congratulations!!

Others are waiting badly for that. I have not much hope to get letter quicker given Fairfax, Va field office. If you guys have any experiences/stories, pls....

I received my interview letter today:cool: I really didn't expect it this week.
It's dated january 12. I was excited and afraid at the same time when I opened it, it was thick and I was afraid they wanted more information.

It's dated january 12. I was excited and afraid at the same time when I opened it, it was thick and I was afraid they wanted more information.

Yes, I saw that in spreadsheet few min before. Great, congratulations!!
I hope we will get it by next week.

Congrats Kazore! what does the envelope contain? just the letter or anything else?

Wow they gave you interview date almost month and ten days later. Anyway late then never :)

Thank you,

On a letter with my name on it they're asking to bring certificate of high school or work experience, the lawyer didn't include that in the package. They even precise "as required by section 203(c)(2) of the immigration and nationality act".
They're also asking to bring financial info (bank statements, evidence of financial assets, letter of employment).

Then on a separate generic sheet they're asking to bring the interview notice, ID, passport with I-94, originals and copy of documents with a certified translation (birth, marriage and high school certificates). They're asking to bring all immigration related documentation ever issued to me.
Then they're asking again for financial information: job letter, pay-stubs for past 2 months, current and previous certified IRS printouts, last 2 W2's, bank statements on bank stationery paper.
Then they're asking for a bunch of things if we have criminal records, received welfare assistance in the past and if the medical exam isn't complete.
They also precise that they may record or videotape the interview.