• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hi,

For ppl who received the interview letter, when you go to USCIS case status check, and enter your number, the status will change correct? instead of "case not found"

Thanks.

I have a question regarding AOS. My Case number is around 9,500, since this year numbers for Asia is moving very slow, I doubt that my case number will be current before August. In this case it will be very hard to say I will have interview by October 31st . what if I didn’t get the interview within 31st October? Can anybody please explain me.

All the visas have to be given away by September 30. If your interview wont happen before that date that's it. Game over.

Hi,

For ppl who received the interview letter, when you go to USCIS case status check, and enter your number, the status will change correct? instead of "case not found"

Thanks.

I did get the new status on the date the letter being sent specifying the mailing date and the interview date. But according to the previous discussions, it is not always the case. You might get the updated status much later.

Do you insist on speaking with a level 2 officer whenever you call USCIS? A Level 2 officer I once spoke with informed me that they are able to initiate an inquiry with a Field Office if one hasn't heard from their respective Field Office after 90 days of the Field Office's receipt of an I-485 file.

Thanks actodc00 for your kind words.

I have talked to my attorney. She said there is not much that we can do at this point. Technically, USCIS has a 5month cycle for I-485 applications. Since I am still within that 5month period, the operators wont do anything. They say it is normal to take this long and I have to wait.

Yes, I did talk to a second level rep. she said that it is still early. she said it usually takes 5 month. When I told them about other people who I know, she said it depends on your local office.

Do you insist on speaking with a level 2 officer whenever you call USCIS? A Level 2 officer I once spoke with informed me that they are able to initiate an inquiry with a Field Office if one hasn't heard from their respective Field Office after 90 days of the Field Office's receipt of an I-485 file.

what part of geographic you are in? You have any information about the time they take for biometrics and interview date in NY/NJ area??

I'm sorry about that! Yeah, waiting sucks, but there's nothing else to do other than that.

All the best!!

Yes, I did talk to a second level rep. she said that it is still early. she said it usually takes 5 month. When I told them about other people who I know, she said it depends on your local office.

same thing happened to me. they said they sent me an email receipt, which I never received. So I asked them to re-send the copy, which they did one week later, via email.

So I send my payment of $330 about 3-4 weeks ago. I wonder if they had received it so I emailed them.
They told me that according to their data's, they send me the receipt through email on the 11th of December.
Thing is, I searched my email inbox and junk and didn't find anything.

Also, I didn't know they would send me through email? I thought the purpose of writing your return address is so they can send it to our homes?

Anyways, anyone any ideas? The receipt is necessary, however I don't think its appropriate for me to pay another 330 because of their mistake. I'm sure my email is correct too.

Thanks Kazore, I could finally meet the physician for I-693. went well and I received the signed document.

Do we need to submit the financial document if adjusting the status in US on F1 visa??

Too late, the package left already...
I think it's all right. i-485 instructions don't say anything about financial information and education.

same thing happened to me. they said they sent me an email receipt, which I never received. So I asked them to re-send the copy, which they did one week later, via email.

Hi Hawi.
Actually, when I asked them to re-check, they just send me to whole payment document attachment. In other words they were saying, "I dont know where it is so you should just pay one more time, here I'll attach the steps'.
It was pretty annoying to read..

But, I did receive my letter, about 1-2 months after I send my payment :) and I'm glad you're doing okay.

I was wondering. Would it be possible if you don't get your greencard because your case number is so high, and they finished distributing all of the cards to people with a lower case number? :(
cause mine's in the 26000's.

Thanks Kazore, I could finally meet the physician for I-693. went well and I received the signed document.

Do we need to submit the financial document if adjusting the status in US on F1 visa??

varxx,

You don't need to worry about financial documents at least until interview letter will arrive. That's what I was told by forum-mates. I hope our financial things would not be a big issue for us (F1/F2s).

Last edited by a moderator: