• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Yes, you should leave that section blank, unless you used an interpreter to fill out the form, and going by your postings, you're obviously fluent in English :). So yes, leave it blank.

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding i-485. In Part 5, if I select 'I can read and understand English, and ......', I can leave the Interpreter's Statement and Signature section and Part 6 blank, right?

Thanks.

Hey guys!! We received our interview letter yesterday!!!! My husband and i will have our interview next jan 14!!! So excites and very happy for All the members of the forum that already have received the ir cards!!

I have been out of the forum during the Holidays.. I Hope you All have a very nice holday Season .. And Well happy New year for All!! This will be our year!!!

Thank you Sm1smom for you reply! I will leave it blank.

Yes, you should leave that section blank, unless you used an interpreter to fill out the form, and going by your postings, you're obviously fluent in English :). So yes, leave it blank.

Child Interview request

congrats Blsd,

Did you take your children with you as well ? my interview letter say bring your child birth certificate. Do i need to take my child with me or just a paper ? what do you suggest

actodc00
actodc00,

You should bring your child to the interview as requested. In my case and probably blsd, our children were not applicants as they are US Citizens, in your case from your signature you applied for your child so go with him/her. All the best on your interview.

Got green cards

Guys i would like to share with you we got our green cards 01/05/13 , even though you we knew that we were accepted it is totaly different happines when you get your cards. i wish the best for rest of the 2013 selectees

Good luck guys

I-485 and more

Hi, guies
Few things are troubling me, any sort of guide would be highly appreciated..

My case no# AS46** , i have got receipt back from Missouri and done my medical, in september
i guess now i have to send I485 once my number is current..my question is..

1> where do i send it..just chicago or i can send it to dallas?
2> What n all documents do i have to send?

thanx

Guys i would like to share with you we got our green cards 01/05/13 , even though you we knew that we were accepted it is totaly different happines when you get your cards. i wish the best for rest of the 2013 selectees

Good luck guys

Very happy to hear that. Congratulations!!

actodc00,

You should bring your child to the interview as requested. In my case and probably blsd, our children were not applicants as they are US Citizens, in your case from your signature you applied for your child so go with him/her. All the best on your interview.

Actodc00,

Minto64 is absolutely correct, if you applied for your child you need to go with him/her. I did not as mine are already US citizens, so I just followed the exact instructions on the Interview letter which says to the Birth certificates of all children. I wish you best of luck.

Good luck guys

Congrats Legate!

Any opinions about my questions? I think I have to send it out as soon as possible since my number is current. Thank you and I appreciate any helps!

Hello! I am the winner of the lottery and I am doing AOS with my wife (both of us are F-1 visa) My number is current in Jan and I am preparing my I-485 package. In my knowledge, I have to include the following in the package:

• AOS Fee*2 - $2140
• I-485 Form*2
• I-693 Form*2 (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• G-325 Form*2 - Biographic Information
• G-1145 Form*2 - E-Notification
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization
• I-130 Form*2 – Advanced Parole
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• Birth Certificate*2 – Photocopy
• I-94*2 – Photocopy
• International Passport*2 – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page
• I-20*2- Photocopy
• 2 Current Passport Photos*2
• education diploma*2 (prove to have 12 years education)
letter of lottery winner from KCC

And send the package to Chicago Lock Box. I am planning to send it through USPS Express. So send it to the PO Box 805887 or the one in South Dearborn- 3rd Floor?
Please correct me if something is wrong or missing. My wife is applying OPT, so I guess she does not need to file I-765, right? Since I sent DSP-122 and 2 photos to KCC, I have not got any response from KCC no wonder email nor mail. I am not sure if it affects if I send the I-485 package, but I email to KCC a several times, the first time they say I have to provide my case no., full name, and DOB to make inquiry, and I resend to them a several times but still no response.

I also have some questions about the forms. In I-131, I don't have A number, so what do I type in? Actually I am not planning to travel, just in cases. So do you think I should file I-131?

Also, in G325, I don't know what is my file number. Where can I find this number? Any opinions may help me out. Thanks!

Hi, guies
Few things are troubling me, any sort of guide would be highly appreciated..

My case no# AS46** , i have got receipt back from Missouri and done my medical, in september
i guess now i have to send I485 once my number is current..my question is..

1> where do i send it..just chicago or i can send it to dallas?
2> What n all documents do i have to send?

thanx

Karanx,

The form I-485 is to be sent to the chicago lockbox. There are both express and standard mail addresses to be used, you can view them on the instructions.

Review the thread as several posters have posted the list of documents to be sent. For example edwards laus list is a starting point.

Good luck guys

WoW!! Congrats Legate!!!!

Documents

edwardlau,

You do need to send your forms as you are current.

The listed documents are sufficient. Remember if you have had old passports and visas, you need to include them as well. For the G-325 list the same email and telephone number.
For education diploma include your high school documents. Do not need to provide for the secondary or derivative applicant.

You do not need the response from KCC now, but will need the email confirmation that you can do AOS they will send for the interview.
For A number leave blank. If you have no plans to travel no need to apply for I-131.
For G-325 do not type anything in file number box.

Thanks Minto, I have sent and I-485 package already. When I ask for inquiry for KCC, I got the response as follow:
Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

It seems like KCC will not do anything about my case. So I will get the confirmation letter anyways?

The email response you got from KCC is kind of 'standard'. KCC does not process AOS applicants. They will however still send you the confirmation email Minto referenced earlier on

Thanks Minto, I have sent and I-485 package already. When I ask for inquiry for KCC, I got the response as follow:
Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

It seems like KCC will not do anything about my case. So I will get the confirmation letter anyways?

Notice of Actions!!

Does anyone who are current in January receive NOA of I-485 submission?? Just curious!!

Acceptance of I-485 application before case # becomes current

Hey Guys,
In previous FY forums, I have seen many signatures of people sending their packages to chicago before becoming current and they got accepted. I m not sure though if this is exception for high case numbers.
Also, I came across this document which seems interesting.
http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm

your thought ?

Guys,

Just finished my interview today . All the questions are from I-485 (current address, date of arrival , location, birth date and criminal yes/no) . Even though my wife and my interview is on different time , we are called in at same time.

She took all our original copies of H1/H4, I94, all I-20 and gives us xerox copies. She said if they need more document they will mail and if everything is good they will send the Green card in Mail. I hope we are approved and waiting for the online status change.

Thank you everyone in this forums for making this journey informational and helpful.

actodc00

Thanks to all and thanks God (pashupatinath), we are all green now . Just got the confirmation and our case is approved.
The journey was long but worth waiting.

Thanks
actodc00