• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Hey Guys,
In previous FY forums, I have seen many signatures of people sending their packages to chicago before becoming current and they got accepted. I m not sure though if this is exception for high case numbers.
Also, I came across this document which seems interesting.
http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm

your thought ?

Just like you've come across signatures of people in the past whose I-485 packages where sent to and got accepted at the Chicago Lockbox, there are equally endless number of people whose packages got rejected because they were received before their visa numbers became current.

Regarding the posted document, the fact that there's no US governmental seal on the paper used in writing it and the link is equally not a US government link makes its authenticity doubtful in my opinion. In addition, the communication is dated 1999 which makes it over 2 Decades old! There are bound to be more current update on the issue.

Bottom line is, it's not advisable to send one's package before the CN is current. When the visa bulletin is released and it states all visa numbers are current, then it doesn't matter what the case number is, those with high CN can all send in their packages. Just my personal thought!

Dear all,

Me and my spouse finished our interview process today smoothly! We got to the interview site and submitted our appointment notice to the officer 10 minutes before our appointment. We remained seated and were waiting to be called. There were quite a few people in the waiting room at that time so we were called around 30 minutes later.

Even though we have different appointment time, the officer asked both of us in, similar to actodc00’s case. She verified my personal information on I-485, including name, address, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, SSN, date of last arrival. She asked for my original birth of certificate. She then moved on to my parents’ names, organization membership and went through all yes/no questions in part 3 of the I-485. She also requested for my child’s original birth certificate and whether I have any other child anywhere in the world which I don’t. She basically asked the same questions to my spouse. In the end, she said everything looks good and organized. She told us to wait a couple weeks for the GC.

The whole interview process took around 20 minutes. The online status of our I-485 shows the approval notice this afternoon.

We greatly appreciate all the invaluable information on this forum, wish everyone good luck with the process :)

My I-485 is only leaving tomorrow. The lawyer that prepares the package hasn't included the high school certificate and any financial information. He says it's only for the interview. I hope he's right.

My I-485 is only leaving tomorrow. The lawyer that prepares the package hasn't included the high school certificate and any financial information. He says it's only for the interview. I hope he's right.

It wouldn't hurt to include copies of the high school certificate (remember that this is one of the basic requirements for DV cases) and any financial documents with the I-485. Our attorney included everything we provided. Maybe you should contact him/her tomorrow before they send your package.

Pryanik :)

Cogratulations to Actodc00 and Jacksonhole!!!!
I got my and my wife fingerprints done yesterday!! :) and now waiting for the interview does anyone know has a good guess for when I should receive the interview letter?

Thanks and good luck to all!!!!

I send mine few days before and it was fine. I heard from USCIS representative that you can send it 60 days before your number is current. the problem is that I tried to verify this information and no one can verify it for me even USCIS customer service only few of them they told me it is true the majority told me NO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cogratulations to Actodc00 and Jacksonhole!!!!
I got my and my wife fingerprints done yesterday!! :) and now waiting for the interview does anyone know has a good guess for when I should receive the interview letter?

Thanks and good luck to all!!!!

Hi Nannous!

I've seen your Field Office is the same as mine. I think it takes about a month to get the interview letter after your biometrics and approximately another month until your interview. At least this has been our case. Yes, they take their time.

Thanks Pryanik,

Can you tell me what did they ask you to bring with you to the interview?
Also, keep me updated about your experience at the field office.

Good Luck!!!

Hi Nannous!

I've seen your Field Office is the same as mine. I think it takes about a month to get the interview letter after your biometrics and approximately another month until your interview. At least this has been our case. Yes, they take their time.

Is there anybody out there who was current in October and still has not received the interview appointment letter? Or it is just me! :D

Pryanik,

I have called them 100 times. I even tried an infopass once and went to our field office. They all say it is normal to take up to 5 months and I have to wait.

Loladvas!

It's already more than 2 months since your biometrics, you should call them!

Pryanik,

I have called them 100 times. I even tried an infopass once and went to our field office. They all say it is normal to take up to 5 months and I have to wait.

lolavdas,
I know the pain of waiting, but you do what you got to do. Keep trying bro and best of luck

actodc00

Thanks actodc00 for your kind words.

I have talked to my attorney. She said there is not much that we can do at this point. Technically, USCIS has a 5month cycle for I-485 applications. Since I am still within that 5month period, the operators wont do anything. They say it is normal to take this long and I have to wait.

I have talked to my attorney. She said there is not much that we can do at this point. Technically, USCIS has a 5month cycle for I-485 applications. Since I am still within that 5month period, the operators wont do anything. They say it is normal to take this long and I have to wait.

Loladvas,

This should be related to the workload at your field office and how fast they are handling cases. As mentioned before, just be patient, your letter will arrive soon!

It wouldn't hurt to include copies of the high school certificate (remember that this is one of the basic requirements for DV cases) and any financial documents with the I-485. Our attorney included everything we provided. Maybe you should contact him/her tomorrow before they send your package.

Too late, the package left already...
I think it's all right. i-485 instructions don't say anything about financial information and education.

Hi loladvas13,

I have not received any interview letter as well, also current in Oct(AS**), me and my wife are going crazy. Hopefully my field service could speed up the proces. haha

Balm2013