• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Dv 2013 won

I worn and have sent my forms since may last yr but no information yet,pls i need your assistance cos am a novice. And am i going to get letter from them through my address.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're good to go. You're actually sending more documents than required at this stage. :) Personal cover letters are not required, but if they make you feel comfortable, go ahead and include them. And yes, the form you found online is the correct one (yes, the address is Missouri).

Hello all,

I will be submitting the forms to KCC and payment to Dept of State next week. I have a made check list, please correct me if its not complete.

To KCC:

Cover letter
DV lottery winning bar code letter
DSP-122 from my wife (primary applicant)
DS-230 from both of us.
Marriage certificate (we got married after she won the lottery)
Two Photos from each of us

To Dept of State:

Cover letter
DV lottery winning bar code letter
Marriage certificate
Cashier check or money order of $660 to Department of State
DV lottery payment form (I found it on this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html#). The address is to St. Louis, Missouri right?

Thanks guys!! Good luck everyone!!!

Congratulations on your selection. Are you doing AOS or CP? You should have gotten a confirmation email by now if you're doing AOS, no confirmation messages are automatically sent to those doing CP. If you're doing CP, then you need to email KCC for confirmation regarding the forms you've sent. Be aware, response time from KCC could be a couple of weeks.

I worn and have sent my forms since may last yr but no information yet,pls i need your assistance cos am a novice. And am i going to get letter from them through my address.

I-485

As the Selectee, your wife needed to have sent DSP-122 with 2 passport photos to KCC (and I'm assuming she's already done that).
Next step will be to send the processing fee to DOS, which will be $660 ($330 x 2) to cover both of you (and I'm assuming you guys sent the right amount, because you would have had to indicate on the form the number of people to be processed).

When your visa number becomes current and you guys are ready to send your I-485 package, below is a list of what might be applicable to an applicant's spouse:

Applicant’s Spouse's Package
• AOS Fee - $1075 (Personal Check/Money Order)
• I-485 Form
• I-693 Form (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• G-325 Form - Biographic Information
• G-1145 Form - E-Notification
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization (Optional)
• I-130 Form – Advanced Parole (Optional)
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• Birth Certificate – Photocopy
• I-94 – Photocopy
• International Passport – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page – if applicable
• I-797 Notice of Action – Indicating Current Visa Status – if applicable
• 2 Current Passport Photos
• Military Records (if applicable)

Thanks for your reply and complete information.
As I understood from your answer, almost all the documents includes I485 and its attachments should be sent for both of us and actually we should apply two I-485 package for us. The first one for the primary winner and the second one for the spouse of him/her. right?

Yes, you will have 2 'I-485 packages' for both of you - one for the main applicant and one for the spouse. Do make sure both packages are mailed together though to the Chicago Lockbox when your visa number becomes current.

Thanks for your reply and complete information.
As I understood from your answer, almost all the documents includes I485 and its attachments should be sent for both of us and actually we should apply two I-485 package for us. The first one for the primary winner and the second one for the spouse of him/her. right?

GC approved!!!

Thank God. Had my interview today and it was successful. :cool:

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the encouragement and advice especially Sm1smom, Legate, Minto64, loladvas, pryanik777, etc. Your contributions came in very helpful. I'd been a silent observer on the forum for a while reading your comments daily. I had already enlisted the services of an attorney before I learned about the forum but It was still great and reassuring reading about other peoples experiences.

Interview was in the afternoon and I & my wife had interviews with separate IOs though we were both allowed to be present at each others interviews. Was pretty straightforward, she had her interview first, took oath (I was also asked to take oath as I would be contributing during her interview), requested for her passport, then he went through the documents we submitted during the initial application asked for originals of our children's birth cert and our marriage cert, asked how we met and how long we'd been together and then read thru the I-485 questions. Name, Address, DOB, father and mothers name, terrorism, criminal /arrest questions, then told us everything looked fine, collected her I-94 and told us we would be getting our decision letter in the mail. I then had my interview which was basically the same except I was also asked to verify my signature and then told we would get a decision letter from them within 30 days. Our attorney was very nice, accompanied us to the interview and was present throughout. Whole process was just about 1 hour and most of that time was actually spent waiting in the lobby, I guess from backlog due to the Xmas/New Year holiday.

Checked online status later in the evening that indicated "Decision - Approved" for both of us! Expecting Welcome letter and CPO sometime next week.

Though this is my first post on the forum, I'd like to encourage everyone still waiting for their interview to relax and hope for the best, get all your documents in order and stay calm and composed during the interview. The IOs are nice and friendly and the whole process is a breeze.

Once again, I give thanks to God that it all went well and hope your interview experiences are also smooth and successful.

Congratulations Blsd! :D Very happy for you and your family and thanks for coming out to share your good news with us.

Thanks Sm1smom! Good luck to you and everyone!!

You're good to go. You're actually sending more documents than required at this stage. :) Personal cover letters are not required, but if they make you feel comfortable, go ahead and include them. And yes, the form you found online is the correct one (yes, the address is Missouri).

Congrats Blsd!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the encouragement and advice especially Sm1smom, Legate, Minto64, loladvas, pryanik777, etc. Your contributions came in very helpful. I'd been a silent observer on the forum for a while reading your comments daily. I had already enlisted the services of an attorney before I learned about the forum but It was still great and reassuring reading about other peoples experiences.

Interview was in the afternoon and I & my wife had interviews with separate IOs though we were both allowed to be present at each others interviews. Was pretty straightforward, she had her interview first, took oath (I was also asked to take oath as I would be contributing during her interview), requested for her passport, then he went through the documents we submitted during the initial application asked for originals of our children's birth cert and our marriage cert, asked how we met and how long we'd been together and then read thru the I-485 questions. Name, Address, DOB, father and mothers name, terrorism, criminal /arrest questions, then told us everything looked fine, collected her I-94 and told us we would be getting our decision letter in the mail. I then had my interview which was basically the same except I was also asked to verify my signature and then told we would get a decision letter from them within 30 days. Our attorney was very nice, accompanied us to the interview and was present throughout. Whole process was just about 1 hour and most of that time was actually spent waiting in the lobby, I guess from backlog due to the Xmas/New Year holiday.

Checked online status later in the evening that indicated "Decision - Approved" for both of us! Expecting Welcome letter and CPO sometime next week.

Though this is my first post on the forum, I'd like to encourage everyone still waiting for their interview to relax and hope for the best, get all your documents in order and stay calm and composed during the interview. The IOs are nice and friendly and the whole process is a breeze.

Once again, I give thanks to God that it all went well and hope your interview experiences are also smooth and successful.

Congratulations Blsd!!! Could you tell us who was the main applicant in your family? Did your interview letters (for your wife and for you) show the same appointment time for you both or different times?

Thanks!

Pryanik :)

Congrats to all who are done with the interview

Congratulations to all who finished the process :)))
Can someone tell me what are the papers that were requested to bring with you to the interview??
If we are F1 do we need a financial support or bank statement?

Thanks,

I was wondering if there was an advantage/disadvantage in having a high case number? Mine is in in the 26 thousands :(
It seem like everyone here finished their I485 and are waiting for their interview or already got the card, while I'm still waiting to be just current :\

I'll just put my trust in You God :)

Congratulations to all who finished the process :)))
Can someone tell me what are the papers that were requested to bring with you to the interview??
If we are F1 do we need a financial support or bank statement?

Thanks,

Nannous,

My wife (F2) principal applicant. My daughter (F2), and I (F1) within Box B category of I-485.

We have not sent any affidavit support documents except tax+paystubs of mine in I-485 package, which is just reached to Chicago Lockbox. If they need those documents (financial), they will ask to bring in interview. That's what I learned from this forum.

Nannous,

My wife (F2) principal applicant. My daughter (F2), and I (F1) within Box B category of I-485.

We have not sent any affidavit support documents except tax+paystubs of mine in I-485 package, which is just reached to Chicago Lockbox. If they need those documents (financial), they will ask to bring in interview. That's what I learned from this forum.

Thanks

congrats Blsd,

Did you take your children with you as well ? my interview letter say bring your child birth certificate. Do i need to take my child with me or just a paper ? what do you suggest

actodc00

congrats Blsd,

Did you take your children with you as well ? my interview letter say bring your child birth certificate. Do i need to take my child with me or just a paper ? what do you suggest

actodc00

No, I did not. All you need is the original copy of his/her birth certificate.

Hello! I am the winner of the lottery and I am doing AOS with my wife (both of us are F-1 visa) My number is current in Jan and I am preparing my I-485 package. In my knowledge, I have to include the following in the package:

• AOS Fee*2 - $2140
• I-485 Form*2
• I-693 Form*2 (Envelope sealed and signed/initialed across by Medical Practitioner)
• G-325 Form*2 - Biographic Information
• G-1145 Form*2 - E-Notification
• I-765 Form – Employment Authorization
• I-130 Form*2 – Advanced Parole
• Marriage Certificate - Photocopy
• Birth Certificate*2 – Photocopy
• I-94*2 – Photocopy
• International Passport*2 – Photocopy of Biographic Page, Visa Page
• I-20*2- Photocopy
• 2 Current Passport Photos*2
• education diploma*2 (prove to have 12 years education)
letter of lottery winner from KCC

And send the package to Chicago Lock Box. I am planning to send it through USPS Express. So send it to the PO Box 805887 or the one in South Dearborn- 3rd Floor?
Please correct me if something is wrong or missing. My wife is applying OPT, so I guess she does not need to file I-765, right? Since I sent DSP-122 and 2 photos to KCC, I have not got any response from KCC no wonder email nor mail. I am not sure if it affects if I send the I-485 package, but I email to KCC a several times, the first time they say I have to provide my case no., full name, and DOB to make inquiry, and I resend to them a several times but still no response.

I also have some questions about the forms. In I-131, I don't have A number, so what do I type in? Actually I am not planning to travel, just in cases. So do you think I should file I-131?

Also, in G325, I don't know what is my file number. Where can I find this number? Any opinions may help me out. Thanks!

Congratulations Blsd!!! Could you tell us who was the main applicant in your family? Did your interview letters (for your wife and for you) show the same appointment time for you both or different times?

Thanks!

Pryanik :)

Thanks. Me. Same appointment time.

Another approved Philadelphian! Congratulations Blsd!

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding i-485. In Part 5, if I select 'I can read and understand English, and ......', I can leave the Interpreter's Statement and Signature section and Part 6 blank, right?

Thanks.