• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Arqeve2013,

my AOS application was in chicago lock box on October 2nd. I did my bio 45 days ago and I haven't heard about my interview appointment yet! So, just wanted to tell you that there are cases with much worse condition than yours. You still have plenty of time. dont worry about it.

loladvas13, thank you... i know but i'm stressed.. like evrybody lol! somedays are good some days are worse.. i will have my Bio this friday.. the thing is I freak out because the numbers for my country are very limited :$... but everything will be fine..

strijepop...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Minto64... Good Luck today!!

Hi Strijepop,

I just noticed that you also did your case in Philly! Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing! I wish mine can go as smooth as yours :)

He asked me to hold my hand and to swear and asked me about criminal stuff- if i was arrested or been in criminal groups etc. This were the main questions. Then he just spent a lot of time to see if my number is current and after that he just asked me about my au pair program, how did i get to immigration, how much was the taxi)lol, about my host family, he gave me good advices- to wait for my GC and to get out of here(i mean my job), he didnt even ask me for birth certificate or finance, he even said it is very rare when smb makes aos based on dv lottery in phylly, coz everybody makes aos based on marriage. so it was nise and friendly conversation wish you good luck! u will get ur letter soon!))))

P.S. sorry Pryanik. i just copied it from my messages))))

Hi Strijepop,

I just noticed that you also did your case in Philly! Congratulations!
Thanks for sharing! I wish mine can go as smooth as yours :)

Really? Nice) maybe we can meet one day, i wish you good like. Dont stress out for nothing. It will be great. Even security guys told me that my guess shoes look beautiful and they are jealous. lol )))

We are Greened.

I give thanks and praise to Jesus Christ my provider and savior.
My and wife are greened.
Thank You all for your good luck wishes.
Interview was at 12:30. We were only other two people in lobby. Other was marriage based application.
IO asked for our drivers licenses and all passports. We took oath, completed a form filling out name, address and telephone and signed it. Wife was primary so she was asked I-485 questions. Name, Address, DOB, father and mothers name, terrorism, criminal /arrest questions. Was then asked to verify her signature.
Interviewer then asked for the KCC confirmation that we can complete AOS. This is the email and letter KCC emails you when you have sent ds122. It was part of checklist that we were asked to bring. Interviewer said congratulations to wife and then asked me the same questions as i am dependent. Asked if we had proof of marriage, we provided Kids birth certificates. Congratulations were her next words.
She then told us she needed to complete some steps and stamp our pasports so took us back to the lobby. After 20 minutes came back with letters addressed to as showing AOS success and with Passports stamped for 1 Year.

Interview and Immigration officer interaction took 15 minutes.

I am short of words about this whole experience as you can imagine but must once again acknowledge Jesus Christ my savior. He has been faithful to me and my family.

Last edited by a moderator:
My and wife are greened.
Interview was at 12:30. We were only other two people in lobby. Other was marriage based application.
IO asked for our drivers licenses and all passports. We took oath, completed a form filling out name, address and telephone and signed it. Wife was primary so she was asked I-485 questions. Name, Address, DOB, father and mothers name, terrorism, criminal /arrest questions. Was then asked to verify her signature.
Interviewer then asked for the KCC confirmation that we can complete AOS. This is the email and letter KCC emails you when you have sent ds122. It was part of checklist that we were asked to bring. Interviewer said congratulations to wife and then asked me the same questions as i am dependent. Asked if we had proof of marriage, we provided Kids birth certificates. Congratulations were her next words.
She then told us she needed to complete some steps and stamp our pasports so took us back to the lobby. After 20 minutes came back with letters addressed to as showing AOS success and with Passports stamped for 1 Year.

I am short of words about this whole experience as you can imagine but must once again acknowledge Jesus Christ my savior. He has been faithful to me and my family.

CONGRATULATIONS MINTO!!!

I'm very happy you have successfully finsihed this process already! And yes, thanks to God!

Pryanik :)

My and wife are greened.

MINTO!!! CONGRATULATIONSSSS!!!!

So happy for you!!! Now enjoy your Green life!!

thanks

Thanks......lot.......strijepop
He asked me to hold my hand and to swear and asked me about criminal stuff- if i was arrested or been in criminal groups etc. This were the main questions. Then he just spent a lot of time to see if my number is current and after that he just asked me about my au pair program, how did i get to immigration, how much was the taxi)lol, about my host family, he gave me good advices- to wait for my GC and to get out of here(i mean my job), he didnt even ask me for birth certificate or finance, he even said it is very rare when smb makes aos based on dv lottery in phylly, coz everybody makes aos based on marriage. so it was nise and friendly conversation wish you good luck! u will get ur letter soon!))))

P.S. sorry Pryanik. i just copied it from my messages))))

Minto64,

Tracker shows you have an interview today. Best of luck buddy. Did you apply for a new SSN after you got EAD card ?

actodc00

Actodc00,

I did not apply for EAD . Will make time to go to SSN office next week. My kids are US citizens so did not need to take them for interview.

loladvas13, thank you... i know but i'm stressed.. like evrybody lol! somedays are good some days are worse.. i will have my Bio this friday.. the thing is I freak out because the numbers for my country are very limited :$... but everything will be fine..

strijepop...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Minto64... Good Luck today!!

The numbers for your country have no basis any more as you are already current. In all likelihood as I told you earlier your interview letter is in the mail. The professionalism and efficiency in then field offices is very commendable.

For all others current in October you will get interview letters this year. Be hopeful.

Thank you actodc00 :)

1)For high-school diploma, I actually did not finish 12 years of school. I finished 10 years (grade 1-10) and immediately transferred to college. During school, I joined a program called the IGCSE (Cambridge exams), those exams are acknowledge by colleges, Thus I did not need to take grade 11-12 but could skip to college instead.

It was certainly okay to skip grades 11-12, but now I don't have a high-school diploma?
What shall I do?
Shall I write a document explaining this?
Shall I have my old school writing a document stating this?
Or will showing my IGCSE diploma be enough?
I'm pretty confused now.

2) What do you mean with copy of your current status? Do you mean the I-20 for students?

3) My medical is a huge sealed envelope. I was told that I could not open it, only the interviewer people could.
Therefore I can't make a copy? Do I send them my original sealed one?

4) For translation, how do they know it's a 'certified English translator'?

I'm sorry for my tons of questions, I rather be annoying and have everything done right haha
MelanieT,

1. Your IGSE diploma will suffice. It will not hurt to get school to write you a letter.
2. Copy of current status- copy of latest visa and I-94. You will need copies of all I-20s as well.
3. Do not open medical sealed envelope, send the Original sealed one.
4. Certified English translator , check the dv2012 AOS forum. There was a discussion some time this year from a member with info on this.

Jay2013,
for your Daughter , fill Applicant's Statement , on signature - Parents need to sign and write your relation in bracket .ie (father/mother). Print your full name i.e father or mother , date and phone number.

Do not fill Interpreter's statement and Signature and part 6. My daughter document was returned because i filled up part 6.

Hope this help .If you have any concern, i will be glad to help you.

actodc00

actodc00,
Thank you very much. This is really helpful. Wish u good luck 4 ur interview.
Jay2013

My and wife are greened.

Congrats & all the best:):).

Cheers.