• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Yes. Actually I thought same thing but they may not approved that case (COS to f2). And if it is happened it's going to me more complicated. I really confuse about that. :(

She could also withdraw the COS and continue with the AOS. The problem after this will be the expiration date on the tourist visa which is really close. Have you thought about you following the process here and she in her country? I'm not sure if this is a possibility but a lawyer could definitely be helpful here.

Pryanik :)

She could also withdraw the COS and continue with the AOS. The problem after this will be the expiration date on the tourist visa which is really close. Have you thought about you following the process here and she in her country? I'm not sure if this is a possibility but a lawyer could definitely be helpful here.

Pryanik :)

Yes. I have thought about that. Do you know is it possible to following the process here and she is in her country? I try to give a decision as soon as possible because of her visa will be expire 12/27/2012.

My lawyer told me that we can apply to I485 while the COs process is continue. And she told us we can explain when we go to interview. But still I'm not sure. Are they going to give us interview date?

We can send AOS document on Feb. And we will get AOS recipt number. 99% she will get denied for COS because I have been here 3 years in language school. When she get denied we already have a recipt number for AOs. So lawyer told me if you have a recipt number for any process you are legal in US. But still I have some fears.

Thank you for your help...

Jay2013

We send I-485 for AOS on October . My wife is a DV winner(H4), me on H1 and my daughter in H4. Here is my suggestion, Include all the application on one single envelope with three separate documents clipped with paper pins.
1. Yes include marriage certificates on both ( does not hurt )
2. One DV winning letter is enough that should be clipped on Winner file

actodc00

A00,

Thank you very much, actodc00. I will also do similar way. Good Luck for your upcoming steps!!

Jay2013

We send I-485 for AOS on October . My wife is a DV winner(H4), me on H1 and my daughter in H4. Here is my suggestion, Include all the application on one single envelope with three separate documents clipped with paper pins.
1. Yes include marriage certificates on both ( does not hurt )
2. One DV winning letter is enough that should be clipped on Winner file

actodc00

actodc00,

I am again asking some more questions if you don't mind, since you already faced some difficulties regarding filing I 485 for your daughter.

In I-485, on signature sections, which parts do I need to fill up on behalf of my daughter? I am thinking to fill up parts 5 & 6, is it right?

What about part 4? I dont think, I need to fill up that part, but not sure given the fact that she is 3yrs old, cannot write her name.

I might have more questions moving forward if you dont mind for responding on those.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I have a pretty urgent question.

I currently live here in the USA for school, my parents are back in Indonesia and they have all my documents.
I understand I need to have my documents for the future interview and I am pretty confused with what I really need.
I'll write a list here of what I understand I require, if I'm missing something or got it wrong, PLEASE do correct me :)

- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (I'm unmarried)
- Final Divorce (not married)
- Medical records
- Immigration documents
- Passports
- Photographs
- Criminal records (didn't do crime)
- Financial records

Questions:

1) I was never arrested or was married before, do I just ignore this or do I need a document stating how I'm unmarried/not criminal?
2) Do we need to give and show them the original or the copy?
3) For 'financial records', how can I show that my dad is the one providing me money? Do I show the interviewer his business card?
or do they mean MY financial record? (Im a student, I dont work).
4) In the normal DV lottery procedure, you need to have an equivalent education of 12 years (or 5 years work experience), do you need to show them this information to on AOS?
5) Since most documents are in Indonesian language, I have to have the translated right?
But to what extent? I mean for my birth certificate let's say it says "Tanggal: 25 July '93." You don't need it to be in english for you to know when I was born, to see the date/numbers alone should be enough..no? Or do I really need to have it translated to "date: 25 July '93."?

Answers will be :) very :D much appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh one more thing.

I submited my DS 120 and 230 and received an email for me to pay an amount of $330 in September.
Apparently I forgot about the email and did not pay until early December (stupid me I know:().

Does anyone know what my net step will be?
When do I need to submit my I-485? When to pay the $1070? I estimate my interview to be 2-3 months from now, will I have enough time to prepare since I paid late?? :(

actodc00,

I am again asking some more questions if you don't mind, since you already faced some difficulties regarding filing I 485 for your daughter.

In I-485, on signature sections, which parts do I need to fill up on behalf of my daughter? I am thinking to fill up parts 5 & 6, is it right?

What about part 4? I dont think, I need to fill up that part, but not sure given the fact that she is 3yrs old, cannot write her name.

I might have more questions moving forward if you dont mind for responding on those.

Thanks.

Jay2013,
for your Daughter , fill Applicant's Statement , on signature - Parents need to sign and write your relation in bracket .ie (father/mother). Print your full name i.e father or mother , date and phone number.

Do not fill Interpreter's statement and Signature and part 6. My daughter document was returned because i filled up part 6.

Hope this help .If you have any concern, i will be glad to help you.

actodc00

Hi guys,

I have a pretty urgent question.

I currently live here in the USA for school, my parents are back in Indonesia and they have all my documents.
I understand I need to have my documents for the future interview and I am pretty confused with what I really need.
I'll write a list here of what I understand I require, if I'm missing something or got it wrong, PLEASE do correct me :)

- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (I'm unmarried)
- Final Divorce (not married)
- Medical records
- Immigration documents
- Passports
- Photographs
- Criminal records (didn't do crime)
- Financial records

Questions:

1) I was never arrested or was married before, do I just ignore this or do I need a document stating how I'm unmarried/not criminal?
2) Do we need to give and show them the original or the copy?
3) For 'financial records', how can I show that my dad is the one providing me money? Do I show the interviewer his business card?
or do they mean MY financial record? (Im a student, I dont work).
4) In the normal DV lottery procedure, you need to have an equivalent education of 12 years (or 5 years work experience), do you need to show them this information to on AOS?
5) Since most documents are in Indonesian language, I have to have the translated right?
But to what extent? I mean for my birth certificate let's say it says "Tanggal: 25 July '93." You don't need it to be in english for you to know when I was born, to see the date/numbers alone should be enough..no? Or do I really need to have it translated to "date: 25 July '93."?

Answers will be :) very :D much appreciated!

Thank you!

MelanieT
while submitting I-485 , you need the copy of following documents (send the photocopy)

-Birth certificate ( translated in English , i believe date , place , names are more important)
-your high school degree copy
-passport copy with Visa
-copy of I-94
-copy of your current status
-medical
-2 pp photo
-no police report ( FBI will do that after bio)

Hope this help
actodc00

Oh one more thing.

I submited my DS 120 and 230 and received an email for me to pay an amount of $330 in September.
Apparently I forgot about the email and did not pay until early December (stupid me I know:().

Does anyone know what my net step will be?
When do I need to submit my I-485? When to pay the $1070? I estimate my interview to be 2-3 months from now, will I have enough time to prepare since I paid late?? :(

Hi MélanieT,

You're not late. You can pay the DV fee of $330 whenever you want before you send the i-485 package. It won't delay the process.
Now you just have to wait that your number becomes current and then you can send the i-485 with the $1070. You can start translate your birth certificate and high school diploma. You can even do the medical exam too if you want. It doesn't take long to fill out all the paperwork.

MelanieT
while submitting I-485 , you need the copy of following documents (send the photocopy)

-Birth certificate ( translated in English , i believe date , place , names are more important)
-your high school degree copy
-passport copy with Visa
-copy of I-94
-copy of your current status
-medical
-2 pp photo
-no police report ( FBI will do that after bio)

Hope this help
actodc00

Thank you actodc00 :)

1)For high-school diploma, I actually did not finish 12 years of school. I finished 10 years (grade 1-10) and immediately transferred to college. During school, I joined a program called the IGCSE (Cambridge exams), those exams are acknowledge by colleges, Thus I did not need to take grade 11-12 but could skip to college instead.

It was certainly okay to skip grades 11-12, but now I don't have a high-school diploma?
What shall I do?
Shall I write a document explaining this?
Shall I have my old school writing a document stating this?
Or will showing my IGCSE diploma be enough?
I'm pretty confused now.

2) What do you mean with copy of your current status? Do you mean the I-20 for students?

3) My medical is a huge sealed envelope. I was told that I could not open it, only the interviewer people could.
Therefore I can't make a copy? Do I send them my original sealed one?

4) For translation, how do they know it's a 'certified English translator'?

I'm sorry for my tons of questions, I rather be annoying and have everything done right haha

I read that Validity of the examination results: The results are valid for submission to the embassy within one year. If the remaining validity of the medical examination results is less than 6 months on the day of visa adjudication, the visa is limited to the life of the exam.

I did my exam on June or July 2012. My interview I estimate to be on Feb-April? Do I need to re-do my very expensive ( :( ) medical or can I contact the doctor and ask for a new one?

I read that Validity of the examination results: The results are valid for submission to the embassy within one year. If the remaining validity of the medical examination results is less than 6 months on the day of visa adjudication, the visa is limited to the life of the exam.

I did my exam on June or July 2012. My interview I estimate to be on Feb-April? Do I need to re-do my very expensive ( :( ) medical or can I contact the doctor and ask for a new one?

You have nothing to worry about regarding this, if you're doing AOS, your medical is good for 1 year. You don't have any dealings with any embassy/consulate.

Uhm I was wondering..
What's the difference between biometrics and medical?

The medical is what you've already done with your medical practitioner/designated civil surgeon - medical exams/tests, vaccinations, etc
Biometrics refers to the collection of your fingerprints and photograph done at a designated USCIS office to enable the government (FBI) undertake a background check on you.

...Still waiting for my interview letter :( We will have the Bio this Friday, hopefully after that I would be able to check my case online, I'm still getting the "your case is invalid" and I called USCIS this morning and the system doesn't show anything.. they told me to wait 30-45 days and call again,.... really?? who can wait 45 days.. lol!!! I can't! I will give you an update after my Biometrics appointment...

Happy Holidays!

Arqeve2013,

my AOS application was in chicago lock box on October 2nd. I did my bio 45 days ago and I haven't heard about my interview appointment yet! So, just wanted to tell you that there are cases with much worse condition than yours. You still have plenty of time. dont worry about it.

...Still waiting for my interview letter :( We will have the Bio this Friday, hopefully after that I would be able to check my case online, I'm still getting the "your case is invalid" and I called USCIS this morning and the system doesn't show anything.. they told me to wait 30-45 days and call again,.... really?? who can wait 45 days.. lol!!! I can't! I will give you an update after my Biometrics appointment...

Happy Holidays!

hi strijepop:
I am new to this forum. Anyway, congrats to you.......I am wondering if you could explain me........how was your interview day went?.......If you could share from initial to all the way end of your interview........and after the interview completion.....did interviewer will say about the approval or denied? It would be appreciated.

arbind988

He asked me to hold my hand and to swear and asked me about criminal stuff- if i was arrested or been in criminal groups etc. This were the main questions. Then he just spent a lot of time to see if my number is current and after that he just asked me about my au pair program, how did i get to immigration, how much was the taxi)lol, about my host family, he gave me good advices- to wait for my GC and to get out of here(i mean my job), he didnt even ask me for birth certificate or finance, he even said it is very rare when smb makes aos based on dv lottery in phylly, coz everybody makes aos based on marriage. so it was nise and friendly conversation wish you good luck! u will get ur letter soon!))))

P.S. sorry Pryanik. i just copied it from my messages))))

Minto64,

Tracker shows you have an interview today. Best of luck buddy. Did you apply for a new SSN after you got EAD card ?

actodc00