• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Guys

FYI,

Received EAD card yesterday. Our online application status also shows in acceptance phase . here is the cylce shown for us
Acceptance ---Initial review -----------Decision--------post decision activity -----------card/document production

On October 17, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283

-actodc00

Hi Minto64 and Loladvas13,

In regards to the case status becomes active, you two are referring to I765 correct? Mine case # for I765 is activated too. When will we know if I485 going to become active.. so worried

Also for the interview letter too, still waiting for it. Hopefully we will be scheduled in Jan. but not in late Dec.

Thanks for the update.

Balm2013,

No. I mean the status for I485. The I765 changed to Card production 3 days ago. Now it says that the post service has picked the card up. So I am expecting to receive the EAD card soon.

Since few days ago, the status page for I485 has started to work. It shows old information though. It is for the step that the biometrics fee was processed and I supposed to get the biometrics appointment letter.

I cannot tell since you dont have your info in the signature. But, I am sure your case number will become active soon.

In regards to the case status becomes active, you two are referring to I765 correct? Mine case # for I765 is activated too. When will we know if I485 going to become active.. so worried

Also for the interview letter too, still waiting for it. Hopefully we will be scheduled in Jan. but not in late Dec.

Mine became active three days after I-131 and I-765 became active and were approved.

Pryanik :)

Hi loladvas13,

Maybe my I485 case is not active because my 765 and 131 are just activated yesterday?

But although I485 case status is activated, there is still no way to find out the interview date right? The only way is to wait for the letter..?

Me and my wife are not travelling outside of US and both have H1b, so I think 765 and 131 are not as important so far..

Below is my 765 status.
"The USPS reported that they picked up mail from USCIS containing your new card on December 13, 2012. You should receive your new card within 7 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, please call our customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I131 Status:

"On December 13, 2012, your I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was approved. You will be notified of the decision by mail. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case, including when the approval notice is mailed. If you do not receive the approval notice within 30 days, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance."

Balm2013,

No. I mean the status for I485. The I765 changed to Card production 3 days ago. Now it says that the post service has picked the card up. So I am expecting to receive the EAD card soon.

Since few days ago, the status page for I485 has started to work. It shows old information though. It is for the step that the biometrics fee was processed and I supposed to get the biometrics appointment letter.

I cannot tell since you dont have your info in the signature. But, I am sure your case number will become active soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep adding my progress.

AS**
05-01-2012 Got DV-2013 results

10-01-2012 I-485 Package sent to Chicago LockBox with Fedex Overnight
10-?-2012 Notice of Action Received (I-797C)

11-08-2012 Biometrics Completed
12-13-2012 I-765 Approved

I485 case status: still nothing yet

I think no one can really predict or explain these processes. My guesses are as good as yours. I think you still have to wait for the interview letter. Some people were lucky to get their I-485 status page updated before receiving a letter. In that case, you can see the interview date ahead of the letter. The acceptance notification refers to I-485 and it means that the application was accepted at national benefit center and the process is already started.

Btw, sorry i got confused, the Acceptance Notification refers to the I797c? Thanks in advance.

Timeline

I will keep adding my progress.

AS**
05-01-2012 Got DV-2013 results

10-01-2012 I-485 Package sent to Chicago LockBox with Fedex Overnight
10-?-2012 Notice of Action Received (I-797C)

11-08-2012 Biometrics Completed
12-13-2012 I-765 Approved

I485 case status: still nothing yet

Balm2013,

If its not to much to ask, if you can add your info onto the timeline spreadsheet it will help others who may be in the same field office understand when to expect an interview. I can also add you if you provide your field office. Thanks

mjp,

Per google tracker your interview is tomorrow, Best of luck. Couldn't find any of your previous post to reply from.

I did it yesterday. Went smooth, was asked how I like weather in WI and how I liked the weather in England.

USCIS Case Status reads now: " Decision. On December 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status."

PS This is my first post on this forum, I did not register before, just was reading it.

Congrats!

I did it yesterday. Went smooth, was asked how I like weather in WI and how I liked the weather in England.

USCIS Case Status reads now: " Decision. On December 13, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status."

PS This is my first post on this forum, I did not register before, just was reading it.

One update.

I called USCIS and they said my field service center(Miami) is still working on the case "June/2012".. so I am not sure how it is going to turn out now.

Will someone please check if they have the same situation as me? Call USCIS and ask what cases they are currently processing on at their service center.

One update.

I called USCIS and they said my field service center(Miami) is still working on the case "June/2012".. so I am not sure how it is going to turn out now.

Will someone please check if they have the same situation as me? Call USCIS and ask what cases they are currently processing on at their service center.

You must have gotten the wrong answer. Probably they were talking about other routes to obtain permanent status. Besides being DV 2012 program finished last September, DV cases are treated in a different way.

CN: 2013EU00006XXX
10/21/11: Entry to DV lottery
05/22/12: 1st NL (Letter dated 05/01/2012)
05/30/12: mailed DSP-122 to KCC
06/10/12: DSP-122 Received by KCC
06/13/12: DV Payment Mailed ($660 for me and my wife)
06/14/12: DV Payment Received by DOS
06/19/12: Adjustment Letter Confirmation Received
06/20/12: DV Payment Receipt Received
10/01/12: Medical Exam
10/29/12: I-485 Package Received at Chicago LockBox - Express
11/14/12: NOA Received (Text & Email)
11/16/12: NOA Received by regular Mail

only My I-485 status is active, my wife not yet & our I765 & our I131 are not active yet!!! I called and they told me I have Bio apt Jan08/2013 finally, But I haven't received the letter yet!!!

You will be A OK

One update.

Take the info you received with a pinch of salt. The process by which DV cases are adjudicated is different than other green card cases. Below are the processes :

1. I-485 package received at Chicago lockbox
2. Lockbox officials prepare package, assign alien number, schedule biometric notices, fwd package to National benefits center.
3. National benefits center officials place a cover page on package when forwarding the package to field offices so as to alert them to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. This is due to the fact that they are aware that DV cases are time constrained.
4. Field offices schedule an appointment.

Having said the above you will receive an interview in January. Try and enjoy your holidays.
FYI I updated your details on the timeline so that other Miami folks in future can understand how long it takes to get an interview at same office.

See question 8 and response 8 for above support

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Outreach...ents/2012/April 2012/NBC-FloridaBar042412.pdf

Hi,

I won the 2013 lottery but still i couldnt happy about that. I have some problem about process and i couldnt find any answers. All documents are ready right now and I'm waiting February becase my number will be current in Feb.

I have f-1 visa and my wife has b2. Her visa will be expire 12/27/2012. 15 days ago we applied to Change Of Status to F2 for her. Now we got the recipt number for that process. Now I-539 is pending for her. I think the process will continue 3-4 months.

My question is can I send our document for AOS while her COS is pending?
If can I, what should I write on her I-485 form current status section and expire date section?
If am I have to wait result of I-539 process for her and if it is denied, is it possible to apply AOS for us in 30 days after denied decison.

Please help me. If you know something about this situation please share it. Thank you...

Hi,

I won the 2013 lottery but still i couldnt happy about that. I have some problem about process and i couldnt find any answers. All documents are ready right now and I'm waiting February becase my number will be current in Feb.

I have f-1 visa and my wife has b2. Her visa will be expire 12/27/2012. 15 days ago we applied to Change Of Status to F2 for her. Now we got the recipt number for that process. Now I-539 is pending for her. I think the process will continue 3-4 months.

My question is can I send our document for AOS while her COS is pending?
If can I, what should I write on her I-485 form current status section and expire date section?
If am I have to wait result of I-539 process for her and if it is denied, is it possible to apply AOS for us in 30 days after denied decison.

Please help me. If you know something about this situation please share it. Thank you...

I think this is a bit complicated situation (filing your AOS while you have a COS in process). It could be safer to wait until your wife's COS is completed and you receive the approval letter to file your AOS. Her COS process will take around 2-3 months. An attorney could be useful in your case.

I 485 documents required

Dear All,

This forum is everything for DV winners doing AOS. I really appreciate the information provided my all members of this forum, specially by most active members.

We are going to file I-485 in January. My wife (F2: DV winner), myself (F1-Grad. student), daughter (F2 visa-3yrs). Having said that, could anyone can update the list of documents that required to submit by winner and dependents.

I do have some specific questions too:

1. Do both of husband/wife need to include marriage certificates?

2. How about dv winning letter? We (dependents) also need to include a copy of those or including the original by principal applicant would be sufficient?

Thank you.

Jay2013

We send I-485 for AOS on October . My wife is a DV winner(H4), me on H1 and my daughter in H4. Here is my suggestion, Include all the application on one single envelope with three separate documents clipped with paper pins.
1. Yes include marriage certificates on both ( does not hurt )
2. One DV winning letter is enough that should be clipped on Winner file

actodc00

Steps for applying Social security

Guys,

Just got interview letter(me/wife) for Jan 9, will update excel spreadsheet. It says bring all the required document including my 6 year old daughter.
Also , since my wife has received EAD, what are the steps to apply for her SSN? any idea will be helpful.

Thanks for all your time
actodc00

I think this is a bit complicated situation (filing your AOS while you have a COS in process). It could be safer to wait until your wife's COS is completed and you receive the approval letter to file your AOS. Her COS process will take around 2-3 months. An attorney could be useful in your case.

Yes. Actually I thought same thing but they may not approved that case (COS to f2). And if it is happened it's going to me more complicated. I really confuse about that. :(