• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Good for you!

Our field office in Portland, OR does not accept walk-ins at all. they are very strict about it.

Hi everyone
I done my biometrics this morning before my appointment. They didn't ask anything. just done.

Hope can speed up process

Once you begin the AOS processing, it is not advisable to leave the country, you will have difficulties coming back in as you will be considered out of status (you will not be able to use your F1 Visa again). However if you send in I-131 (Advanced Parole Form) with your I-485 package and it gets approved, then you can safely travel out. Just make sure you come back on time to do your Biometrics as scheduled if you do travel.

Hi,
I am selected of DV 2013. My case number is AS201300004XXX. I am now a student(F1) in the US. I have already sent to KCC indicating that I am doing AOS. However, this year, Asia's number is so slow. I thought I will get interview in December at first, but I think I was totally wrong now. I have several questions. If I keep doing AOS, then when I sent the form to USCIS, can I leave the states and come back to interview later? Or, if I have already finished the interview, can I leave the states and come back with my F1? The third question is can I change to CP? I have something urgent to do in May or June in Taiwan, which means I have to leave the US. I have no idea how to do it in a safe way. Could anyone give me some suggestion please? Thank you for your help

Hi!

has anybody contact USCIS to verify that you are elegible to do AOS? I have called the KCC and the ysay we have to.. we are waiting for the receipt from DOS and our attorney told us that we are elegible since we have been on status all the time... should i contact USCIS anyways? have anybody here done that? what do they ask?

please help! im current and waiting for the receipt so we can apply form i-485!

Thanks and good luck everyone!!

You contact USCIS for them to tell you exactly what your lawyer has told you. If you do contact them, you will probably provide the same information you provided to your lawyer - your visa type and current visa status. In my opinion, I don't think there's any reason to contact USCIS since your lawyer (an Immigration Lawyer?) has already confirmed your AOS eligibility

Hi!

has anybody contact USCIS to verify that you are elegible to do AOS? I have called the KCC and the ysay we have to.. we are waiting for the receipt from DOS and our attorney told us that we are elegible since we have been on status all the time... should i contact USCIS anyways? have anybody here done that? what do they ask?

please help! im current and waiting for the receipt so we can apply form i-485!

Thanks and good luck everyone!!

the yethri

You contact USCIS for them to tell you exactly what your lawyer has told you. If you do contact them, you will probably provide the same information you provided to your lawyer - your visa type and current visa status. In my opinion, I don't think there's any reason to contact USCIS since your lawyer (an Immigration Lawyer?) has already confirmed your AOS eligibility

yes he is an immigration attorney. That's what I thought... but it kind of scare me when they said you SHOULD contact uscis... i'm guessing i will be fine... if somebody has done it please let us know how did it go! ;)

Well, I used to be in the same situation. When I saw my selection notice in May, I was giddy with excitement and consumed with anxiety at the same time. I made an Info pass visit to the nearest USCIS office which was about 3 hours drive away. After blabbering to them about winning the DV Lottery and wanting to know about my AOS eligibility, all they asked for, like I indicated earlier, was my visa type. I later found out I could have have made a simple phone call to them. And then I discovered this website, and realized all the information I needed could be easily gotten here.

Hope this helps.

yes he is an immigration attorney. That's what I thought... but it kind of scare me when they said you SHOULD contact uscis... i'm guessing i will be fine... if somebody has done it please let us know how did it go! ;)

Well, I used to be in the same situation. When I saw my selection notice in May, I was giddy with excitement and consumed with anxiety at the same time. I made an Info pass visit to the nearest USCIS office which was about 3 hours drive away.

lol exactly the same for me... I was exited and anxious at the same time. I was afraid that the kind of visa I have wasn't eligible for AOS. I went to the USCIS office (which is literally across the street 200m from my office). They were very nice and confirmed me that "I was all good".

Pryanik,

I am going for my Bio on the November 8th. I am still waiting for the interview letter. And, the online tracking system does not work for me.

Hello everybody!

Does anybody have any news about their cases? Biometrics? Interview letters?

Pryanik :)

Our biometrics will be on November 19 and the online tracking system doesn't work so far for me either. I wonder if at this point our cases are in pause until biometrics are done or if background checks have started on us already.

I can't tell for sure. But I guess the check will start once we are done with Bio and Photo taking.

Our biometrics will be on November 19 and the online tracking system doesn't work so far for me either. I wonder if at this point our cases are in pause until biometrics are done or if background checks have started on us already.

2013 Visa bulletin

Hi everyone, Ive been following this form for a long time, Thanks for everyone for your valuable suggestions.
I have been selected selected for dv2013AS000096** . This year number really is moving slow . If things go like this I would say my number will be around August 2013. If this happens, do I have enough time for further processing? (Fingerprint, and interview). What if I couldn’t be processed before OCTOBER?
I have already got paid DV fee and Medical. Now waiting intensively for no to be current.

If you do become current in August as feared, I would say don't worry, you will certainly have enough time to finish the process. The good thing with doing an AOS processing is the fact that people still get processed on the very last day of the fiscal year (Sept. 30th). But fingers crossed, the Asian visa release may still pick up.

Hi everyone, Ive been following this form for a long time, Thanks for everyone for your valuable suggestions.
I have been selected selected for dv2013AS000096** . This year number really is moving slow . If things go like this I would say my number will be around August 2013. If this happens, do I have enough time for further processing? (Fingerprint, and interview). What if I couldn’t be processed before OCTOBER?
I have already got paid DV fee and Medical. Now waiting intensively for no to be current.

Anybody from South America doing AOS?? also, how do I create a signature? sorry i'm new to this forum and have no idea how to create one...

how is everybody doing? we received today the adjustment of status letter and the recepit from DOS in on his way, probably we'll get it today :) so excited... and stressed!!

how do I create a signature? sorry i'm new to this forum and have no idea how to create one...

1. Click on 'Forum Actions' at the top of the page
  2. Select 'Edit Profile' from the drop-down men
  3. Scroll down and click 'Edit Signature' on the right-hand side of your screen

A short of Delay

Hello to everyone,

My case number is near EU 19000,

I would like to know if someone close to this case number has any contact with KCC.

Besides I would appreciate if you can tell me, is normal my delay due to my high case Number.

Regards
Kon