• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

thx,sorry for caps... the thing is that i stay legally in usa just because of my job..if i will leave it-i will loose my status and then i will not be abble to get a green card, coz my status will be cancelled...(
You need to talk to your boss to let you come for the fingerprinting.

Other members have suggested that you can go without an appointment. If you want to try that, you must do it before the appointment date. This way if they refuse your walk-in, you still have an appointment date.

thx,sorry for caps... the thing is that i stay legally in usa just because of my job..if i will leave it-i will loose my status and then i will not be abble to get a green card, coz my status will be cancelled...(

Try to go at a day more suitable for you either very early or at the end of the day one hour before they close.

AOS with DV Lottery with asylum case pending...

Please, help me or refer me to a lawyer that knows what to do... I heard it is possible to file for adjustment of status (AOS) with dv lottery while asylum case is pending... I have exactly that situation. I came to the US on a tourist visa, filed for asylum withing 6 months (was not unlawfully present a single day). My case was trasnferred to the court for hearing... it was postponed since then... hearing is scheduled for next year February 2013. This year I won a dv lottery green card... Can I do an adjustment of status here in the USA? please, advise me a good lawyer...

Please, help me or refer me to a lawyer that knows what to do... I heard it is possible to file for adjustment of status (AOS) with dv lottery while asylum case is pending... I have exactly that situation. I came to the US on a tourist visa, filed for asylum withing 6 months (was not unlawfully present a single day). My case was trasnferred to the court for hearing... it was postponed since then... hearing is scheduled for next year February 2013. This year I won a dv lottery green card... Can I do an adjustment of status here in the USA? please, advise me a good lawyer...
This forum is hosted by an immigration lawyer, Rajiv Khanna. If he's close to where you live, that would be convenient. You can also go to www.aila.org and look for immigration lawyers in your area.

You need to talk to your boss to let you come for the fingerprinting.

Other members have suggested that you can go without an appointment. If you want to try that, you must do it before the appointment date. This way if they refuse your walk-in, you still have an appointment date.

Thanks, i already talked to her, i cant say that i won green card,coz she is bitch and she doesnt wont me to leave her, coz i am doing everything, and if i will tell her abt green card-she will immediately kick me off the house and program and then i will get in a trouble. so i lied and said that there is an emergency and i have to go at that time.i hope nobody of my kids i am taking care of wont get sick. i just have to do those 2 steps left and wellcome freedome.! thanks everybody

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i already talked to her, i cant say that i won green card,coz she is beach and she doesnt wont me to leave her, coz i am doing everything, and if i will tell her abt green card-she will immediately kick me off the house and program and then i will get in a trouble. so i lied and said that there is an emergency and i have to go at that time.i hope nobody of my kids i am taking care of wont get sick. i just have to do those 2 steps left and wellcome freedome.! thanks everybody
Why are you complicating things? Just go for a walk-in biometrics BEFORE your appointment and try to get your biometrics taken! Worst case scenario is they say "no, come back on your original appointment date" but I highly doubt that they will refuse to take your biometrics because almost everyone I know did their biometrics before the date appointed to them! I had to get my biometrics taken twice, so I had two different appointments and in BOTH times I went and got my biometrics taken before the original appointment! They didn't ask me for proof of why I cannot make it on the original date appointed to me or anything... It's not a complicated process.

Why are you complicating things? Just go for a walk-in biometrics BEFORE your appointment and try to get your biometrics taken! Worst case scenario is they say "no, come back on your original appointment date" but I highly doubt that they will refuse to take your biometrics because almost everyone I know did their biometrics before the date appointed to them! I had to get my biometrics taken twice, so I had two different appointments and in BOTH times I went and got my biometrics taken before the original appointment! They didn't ask me for proof of why I cannot make it on the original date appointed to me or anything... It's not a complicated process.
oh..thanks. i will try to do that and will see what they say..thank you

This thread has became very quiet recently! whats up guys?! has anyone completed his Bio or received interview letter?

oh, i think it is too early...but i am going to take bio this week i hope,i will just do walk in before my appointment date...hope it will work...i will write about it..
...good luck to everyone

Hi everybody.. I jut send the payment to DOS last Friday and the form to Kentucky I know I need the receipt from DOS to apply forthe I-485.. But do I need anything else? Or should I start doing the medicals? I'm kind of confused know.. My number is current! And I'm freaking out!

You should go ahead and do your medicals since you're current. You however need to wait for your payment receipt before you can send the I-485 form, medical form/results and all other supporting documents to Chicago.

Hi everybody.. I jut send the payment to DOS last Friday and the form to Kentucky I know I need the receipt from DOS to apply forthe I-485.. But do I need anything else? Or should I start doing the medicals? I'm kind of confused know.. My number is current! And I'm freaking out!

AOS change to CP?

Hi,
I am selected of DV 2013. My case number is AS201300004XXX. I am now a student(F1) in the US. I have already sent to KCC indicating that I am doing AOS. However, this year, Asia's number is so slow. I thought I will get interview in December at first, but I think I was totally wrong now. I have several questions. If I keep doing AOS, then when I sent the form to USCIS, can I leave the states and come back to interview later? Or, if I have already finished the interview, can I leave the states and come back with my F1? The third question is can I change to CP? I have something urgent to do in May or June in Taiwan, which means I have to leave the US. I have no idea how to do it in a safe way. Could anyone give me some suggestion please? Thank you for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone
I done my biometrics this morning before my appointment. They didn't ask anything. just done.

Hope can speed up process