• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I guess you need to mention only if you have informed your school about the part time jobs.

I am fine skipping it on biometrics form, but the only problem is I have mentioned it on my DSP 122. Do you guys know if KCC sends the DSP forms to field office with I 485?
Thanks for all the help!!!

I read somewhere that KCC informs USCIS that we are willing to adjust status but I am not sure if they forward the 122 and 230 forms.

I am fine skipping it on biometrics form, but the only problem is I have mentioned it on my DSP 122. Do you guys know if KCC sends the DSP forms to field office with I 485?

I read somewhere that KCC informs USCIS that we are willing to adjust status but I am not sure if they forward the 122 and 230 forms.

Lucky8812,
It is safe to assume they know everything if already the information is filed. Regarding OPT, you already have a full-time job related to your major, so you are fulfilling that requirement. In general concealing information is not a good practice. I do not know why they want a list of jobs for the purposes of the bio form, but if you are already on payroll for these other part time jobs it is not advisable to conceal that information.

People who have been to the interview can share their experience here about how much they were questioned about the jobs; my understanding is that they mainly care about if we have been in status and can support ourselves. So you may not be grilled at all, but it also may be an issue depending on factors such as how much time you devote to your part time jobs, how much you get paid in comparison to your full-time job, if you are getting a W-2 or not, etc.

If I were you, I would talk to somebody in my school's international office to make sure that I am not blatantly violating some important regulation (e.g. strictly no more than one job on OPT etc.) but that's me.

It is possible to have one on-campus job as a F1, it is also possible to have an off-campus job ONLY if you are on hardship and with the consent of your OIP and possibly USCIS. If you can prove that you were on a difficult situation then you won't have any problems otherwise it is not legal. I remember the IO asking me (to be sure) where my funds in my checking account came from, the (true) answer was from my graduate assistanship and she didn't inquire about it anymore. We have to assume they know everything simply because they actually know everything (FBI makes background checks). I hope this helps and good luck! :)

Pryanik :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Went for my interview today. I was asked for my passport, a letter from my employer (last 2 pay stubs). He then asked to wait a bit and then gave me a letter saying my I485 application had been approved. Does this mean my green card is through? The online thingy still says "Post Decision Activity".

Thanks

TDE

Hello to Pryanik and other applicants finished the interview,

Would you please let me know how many days after interview will you receive the actual GC? and We must receive the actual card in order to travel outside of the US, is this correct? When we come back, only GC and passport are needed now right?..

Thank you.

Sorry guys, i saw the right part of the spreadsheet now... thanks..

Would you please let me know how many days after interview will you receive the actual GC? and We must receive the actual card in order to travel outside of the US, is this correct? When we come back, only GC and passport are needed now right?..

Thank you.

darkelf,

Congrats. You are green... IO should have said congratulations on your new permanent residence status.

balm2013,

Green card is received within 5- 7 business days. If the IO has stamped your passport with the I-551 stamp you can use it to travel outside country.

When you come back only GC and passport are needed. You now use the US Citizens and Permanent residents line which moves faster. In the past it took me about 1 hour to go through customs but last weekend it took me 15 minutes.

darkelf,

Congrats. You are green... IO should have said congratulations on your new permanent residence status.

He did say congrats, I am just super paranoid cause my case was incredibly complicated and this seems easy. What happens now? Do I get a welcome letter? I just got the letter from the officer that says you have been approved? Does the online status change to card production?

Darkelf,

It is that simple. DV lottery AOS in 99% of most cases is almost guaranteed. Did you apply for EAD and travel docs, I recall you were thinking about applying for them. Did ou receive them?

Update the AOS spreadsheet for benefit of others.

Welcome letter should be received by Wednesday next week and card by the weekend. My case status changed to welcome letter at 5pm on interview date.

Does anyone written on the AOS package that they are DV lottery winner?? I read somewhere that it helps to move the files faster.

Congrats balm2013!!!

Thank you.

Yes, the lawyer sent a cover letter explaining that my DV number was current. I don't know if it helped.
May I ask why you waited January to send your forms to KCC when you were current in October? :confused: No need to answer if you don't want to.;)

Received my green card today. Good luck to everybody in process and thanks to this forum! It really helps to see that you are not alone in this journey :)

My wife was not in US until recently, so did not apply. we decided to apply only after she gets back.

I was saying about writing on the envelope.

Yes, the lawyer sent a cover letter explaining that my DV number was current. I don't know if it helped.
May I ask why you waited January to send your forms to KCC when you were current in October? :confused: No need to answer if you don't want to.;)

Thanks aos13.
I checked with school. It is legal to have as many jobs you want once you on OPT. The only thing is jobs should be related to the major. I am not going to skip the information but will try to explain if asked how my jobs are related to Bio.

Thanks Pryanik,
I am on OPT ( 27 months work permit granted after finishing of school). Legally I am allowed to work any hours and any job until it is related to my major. I quit both my part time jobs from this year and only maintaining my full time job. I can just hope they will not trouble me for something that small.
It is possible to have one on-campus job as a F1, it is also possible to have an off-campus job ONLY if you are on hardship and with the consent of your OIP and possibly USCIS. If you can prove that you were on a difficult situation then you won't have any problems otherwise it is not legal. I remember the IO asking me (to be sure) where my funds in my checking account came from, the (true) answer was from my graduate assistanship and she didn't inquire about it anymore. We have to assume they know everything simply because they actually know everything (FBI makes background checks). I hope this helps and good luck! :)

Pryanik :)