• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

Guys:

I am running a bit suspicious here... I wonder if the browser is causing a problem to me. I had 9 applications applied on behalf of my friends (some of them are couples so the total applications is 15). But all of them are doomed :(

When I went to check the statuses, the website says it only accepts "Internet Explorer" vesrions 6 and 7. Although it does let me check all of the the statuses of 15 applications I had applied, this seems a bit suspicious to me. All of the applications have been submitted in different days (distributed somewhat equally throughout the application period) and I thought at least one of them should have been selected... (I do acknowledge that I might still be wrong and the odds of winning the lottery is very slim)

So, I am inviting anybody who has IE version 6 or 7, please report us if you have received "This application has been SELECTED for futher application" message, or if you have these vesions of IE 6 or 7, but checked your status on other verisions and got the "Not Selected" message, I urge you please retry it on oplder versions...

thanks!

Guys:

I am running a bit suspicious here... I wonder if the browser is causing a problem to me. I had 9 applications applied on behalf of my friends (some of them are couples so the total applications is 15). But all of them are doomed :(

When I went to check the statuses, the website says it only accepts "Internet Explorer" vesrions 6 and 7. Although it does let me check all of the the statuses of 15 applications I had applied, this seems a bit suspicious to me. All of the applications have been submitted in different days (distributed somewhat equally throughout the application period) and I thought at least one of them should have been selected... (I do acknowledge that I might still be wrong and the odds of winning the lottery is very slim)

So, I am inviting anybody who has IE version 6 or 7, please report us if you have received "This application has been SELECTED for futher application" message, or if you have these vesions of IE 6 or 7, but checked your status on other verisions and got the "Not Selected" message, I urge you please retry it on oplder versions...

thanks!

This is indeed strange. ANOTHER CONCERN: Since my confirmation has a 'ZERO', I re-entered the number with the alphabet 'o' just to make sure it should be one or the other. Low and behold it accepted BOTH the zero and o..It never indicated INVALID CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND IT SHOULD HAVE...FISHY TO ME!!!!!

This is indeed strange. ANOTHER CONCERN: Since my confirmation has a 'ZERO', I re-entered the number with the alphabet 'o' just to make sure it should be one or the other. Low and behold it accepted BOTH the zero and o..It never indicated INVALID CONFIRMATION NUMBER AND IT SHOULD HAVE...FISHY TO ME!!!!!

I JUST DID ANOTHER TEST: I ENTERED THE NUMBER ONE (1) AS THE LETTER I and it accepted it as well. It SHOULDN'T HAVE ACCEPTED THAT. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT..

I also tried with the combination of o and zero and my last name with capitals but nothing.
I realized that it's just over... Next time guys... "There is hope as long as we are still alive!" ;)

OBSERVATION: Someone brought to my attention that it is noted that only 2 members of this forum who were active (but not very much) over the past few months actually won..i.e. patem and muta. Also all of the other winners just joined this forum...hmmmm.

I JUST DID ANOTHER TEST: I ENTERED THE NUMBER ONE (1) AS THE LETTER I and it accepted it as well. It SHOULDN'T HAVE ACCEPTED THAT. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT..

@win dv... well done for the observation.. I have been active on the immigration forums since 2010 but was on the DV2011 winners from kenya forum (only that I have been quite busy..
As you said dont loose hope, one day you will win.

Halo good people.. just a quick question here, as i said, i applied the dv 2012 for my friend and when i check for him, i find that he won, but when he check on his comp (he lives in dubai), it tells him that he has not been selected... but He has the case number, which is 2012AF00006xxx.
Do you think its just the version of internet explorer he is using or??? Should he contact KCC or try and update his explaorer first, before he does that?
Thanks all again for being a family!!

Halo good people.. just a quick question here, as i said, i applied the dv 2012 for my friend and when i check for him, i find that he won, but when he check on his comp (he lives in dubai), it tells him that he has not been selected... but He has the case number, which is 2012AF00006xxx.
Do you think its just the version of internet explorer he is using or??? Should he contact KCC or try and update his explaorer first, before he does that?
He probably entered the wrong number!!!

@win dv... well done for the observation.. I have been active on the immigration forums since 2010 but was on the DV2011 winners from kenya forum (only that I have been quite busy..
As you said dont loose hope, one day you will win.
No problem, all the best to you. Ensure that all of your friends entered the correct number.

Same here, I entered number 5 instead of S and visa versa. Ive even tried entering my name instead of last name and it got accepted...that's really weird. But then, the system will probably always say it's not selected, because those numbers are not in their database. So, mystery solved I guess. However, must of the winners applied during first days, which doesn't seem like a random selection to me..I think they screwed up this time.

What do we have to send after wining the lottery?

The website says 2 forms and photographs right?

Guys:

So, I am inviting anybody who has IE version 6 or 7, please report us if you have received "This application has been SELECTED for further application" message, or if you have these vesions of IE 6 or 7, but checked your status on other versions and got the "Not Selected" message, I urge you please retry it on older versions...

thanks!

Yes, please we would appreciate it if you do this, thanks

Yes, please we would appreciate it if you do this, thanks

I don't think its true because when I checked mine it said not been selected" but when I checked my moms it said 'has been selected...I used safari to checked both the status..

this thing is getting funny...so if u had not checked for him and he did first he would think he lost...