• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2012

@patem ask boer to us back in Africa i thnk the results are going to be available starting Sunday midnight

All my family is back in Africa, they also played the lottery this year for the first time. This will be my 6th time. This is just my thinking, but I assume since KCC always open and closed the DV application at 12pm USA eastern time I think they might release the results again at 12pm, which means 5 or 6pm Africa time, depending where in Africa.... Again just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Boer said makes sense to me. I believe also that their system may crash owning to the fact that so many people will want to check the results since there is no
letter sending this year. If that happens, we have to wait until they will fix it which means probably on Monday... I read an article which said that it's better to wait and to not check everyone on May 1st. But tell me, who can wait? We are counting even the hours... :)

Weh! I think u dont read the Bible a day starts at sunset read Genesis (The creation) so when the sun sets thats the end of a day and the begining of anotha day.So in a couple of hours we will have 3 days remaining!!! The wait woz worth it even if i wont win

You think that each starts at sunset because the Bible says so? Goodness, the US is a secular country and it is not governed by a holy book.

This forum is turning into an evangelical festival.

Countdown

The sun has just set so 3 more days people.I see winners in this forum. Romans 4:17 guyz

My opinion is that the results will be released according to the standard USA eastern time...which is normally the time the application starts and closes (midday), but then they have not said anywhere (as far as am aware of) whether it will be midnight or midday... all my instinct tells me is that the winners have already been chosen! ... and it will just be a matter of confirming if you are among the lucky few!
Good luck everyone!

My opinion is that the results will be released according to the standard USA eastern time...which is normally the time the application starts and closes (midday), but then they have not said anywhere (as far as am aware of) whether it will be midnight or midday... all my instinct tells me is that the winners have already been chosen! ... and it will just be a matter of confirming if you are among the lucky few!
Good luck everyone!

I believe that they have set webmaster to release the results either at 12pm (the beginning of May 1st) or when their business hours begin at around 9am. Yes, the selection process is indeed completed. I am only waiting to confirm OUR fate: " You have been selected for further processing...." lol!!

Wow! anxiety just kicked in today. Can't wait for this to be OVER!!

@isn 85 its boer's fault he's questioning my belief in day counting Lol!!

@Muraya, I understand your anxiety and that justifies your counting....it wont be long and all the counting will be over! This is my first time.. and my anxiety for some reason seems to have faded as time draws close! (maybe because I might be lucky..hihi) strange human being I guess!

Guys, I am not exactly a religious person, but let me tell you few things:

1) Relax.

2) Whatever happens - happens. You can't change it. Life goes on.

3) Never lose your determination. Even hundreds of unsuccessful attempts mean nothing.

4) If you don't win, don't consider yourself unlucky, damned, or doomed. Nor do think that others deserve it less than you, for personal qualities play no role here. This is just a lottery and whatever merits you may have play no role in it.

I've been playing this for many years with no success, but keep playing because I know there is a chance, however small, to win. And that is not because I am so genuinely unique to deserve it out of millions of participants, but simply because there is a microscopic possibility that the KCC computer may by accident pick me.

It's just that you want to know the results. Of course life goes on. But it is the waiting time since October which make you nervous and anxious the last moments...
So if someone is relaxed, good for him. But I just can't ... still counting the days ... :)

I have seen persons who won on their 1st attempt. It's only a matter of the computer picking our name. However, I've asked this question before but got no reply: Do you believe that the computer was programmed to select certain people perhaps based on gender, education, age, marital status etc.? If yes, would you say that the selection process is really not 'random', but predetermined or explains why persons who have playing consecutively for many years and never won? I guess we will never know exactly what goes on 'behind the scene'.

I don't think it's predetermined because I know people (families) with no special education (only high school) who have won (twice!!). However, as you said, we will never know.

@isn 85 its boer's fault he's questioning my belief in day counting Lol!!

LOL, I still do...

The sun has just set so 3 more days people.I see winners in this forum. Romans 4:17 guyz

I am just trying to tell you that your hopes will be crushed in 3 days since Friday night sunset no results will be released. I don't see how do you get from Tuesday "Sunset" to Sunday "Sunset" in 3 days. Even if you live in Australia, which is 15 hours ahead of USA you still have to wait for Sunday May 1st which will be May 2nd in Australia.

Make sense?

Isn85: I couldn't have said it better! I bet your case is same as mine (have been trying since 1993) but I never give up coz I have nothing to lose and I get selected,; I would have everything to gain!
It's just that you want to know the results. Of course life goes on. But it is the waiting time since October which make you nervous and anxious the last moments...
So if someone is relaxed, good for him. But I just can't ... still counting the days ... :)

I mean . . .and if I get selected . . .
Isn85: I couldn't have said it better! I bet your case is same as mine (have been trying since 1993) but I never give up coz I have nothing to lose and I get selected,; I would have everything to gain!

IMO it is not a real lottery...too many students win, not that this is a bad thing, but I know many middle and older people who enter and most who win are in their twenties....that makes me wonder.

IMO it is not a real lottery...too many students win, not that this is a bad thing, but I know many middle and older people who enter and most who win are in their twenties....that makes me wonder.

Yep!

I wish this was true in my case, I have been a student in the US for 5 years and no luck :(. Maybe it will change this coming Sunday :)

I have seen many people who won the lottery in their first attempt. I think the random selection is biased towards that. Does anybody know a person who won the lottery after 5 times for example?