• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Lottery Winners From Jordan and Middle East

My case number is 2012AF00072xxx, do u think it is not going to be chosen because it is a high number?

please don`t worry, my cn is 88XXX ,my interview is on september the 1st........
you ll be ok

Thank you dadadada72 for posting in this thread, i was following your case Number and your case inspire me because it very high case number as you can see my case also is high too, i wish you the best in your interview

asia
afghanistan 109
bahrain 29
bangladesh 2,373
bhutan 5
brunei 0
burma 370
cambodia 596
hong kong
special admin.
Region 54
indonesia 256
iran 4,453
iraq 153
israel 175
japan 435
jordan 152
north korea 0
kuwait 108
laos 1
lebanon 274
malaysia 118
maldives 0
mongolia 209
nepal 3,258
oman 11
qatar 19

saudi arabia 217
singapore 45
sri lanka 708
syria 160
taiwan 391
thailand 73
timor-leste 9
united arab
emirates 92
yemen 149

Toatal Winners from Asia 15002, and it seems the Visa Bulletin will be like every year
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2012 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,500
Except: Egypt 5,000
Ethiopia 7,000
Nigeria 7,000

ASIA 8,000
EUROPE 8,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 300
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 400

Hi

I'm from Iran and 2012AS0006xxxx. I am in US and want to go for AOS too! so should I send something now to KCC?!!! I followed the dept. of State website and it says:
"If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S."

the USCIS officer told me don't send anything until visa bulletin become current! I am really confused! where can I read about the AOS process?

hello everyone,
As you can see I am from Yemen. I will be glad to fallow this thread. :) good job EYW979 to start this thread. about the Case Numbers this year, im sure they are different this year than before but how? we will see how after about a week from now.

Hi

I'm from Iran and 2012AS0006xxxx. I am in US and want to go for AOS too! so should I send something now to KCC?!!! I followed the dept. of State website and it says:
"If USCIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status you should print this message and take it to your local USCIS office. USCIS will provide instructions on how to proceed. It will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S."

the USCIS officer told me don't send anything until visa bulletin become current! I am really confused! where can I read about the AOS process?

Ok My friend i know its confusing situation i will help as much as i can , first to be eligible for AOS you have to be in USA legally this what they mean by check with you USCIS office, if you are legally in USA like F1 or H1 visa you can do AOS let me know what is your status so i can help you .
after that when you send the form DS-122 and DS-230 part I & II to KCC and you mention in form DS-122 that you need BCIS to process your application then they will send you second letter mention (it will not be necessary for you to contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for any further information or instructions if you are eligible and apply to adjust status in the U.S."
Then you have to pay 440$ X Number of person to DOS( Department of State) to let the USCIS process your application use this link to process the payment ((http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html))

then after that you keep watch VISA Bulletin each month until your Case Number will be current then you have to send the AOS package i will expalined latter for you, your case number may be will be current next August or September 2012

steps for AOS before bulletin becomes current

after that when you send the form DS-122 and DS-230 part I & II to KCC and you mention in form DS-122 that you need BCIS to process your application then they will send you second letter

then after that you keep watch VISA Bulletin each month until your Case Number will be current then you have to send the AOS package i will expalined latter for you, your case number may be will be current next August or September 2012

Thanks for your help EYW979!
I am on J-2 and my husband is j-1, not subject to 2y, and the local USCIS told me I can go for AOS. But I thought I have nothing to do with KCC, and I have to wait for bulletin. So is it OK to send those forms to KCC? I have to go through all the steps in DOS selectees instruction?

Yes My Dear the first step start with KCC by sending the form DS-122 and DS-230 part I and II , please send it by certify mail with tracking number so you will be sure the received your papered.
Now for the fees 440 $X Person you can send it now or you can wait until you received they second letter from KCC
By the way the fees when you send the AOS package will be(( $985. (Add $85 biometric fee for a total of $1070, where applicable. See the form instructions for payment details.) You must make your check payable to Department of Homeland Security)) this for each person you can check the following link this step will come latter may be August next year so its just for your information http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=dd346d26d17df110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Gaw el Nashama! :D I'm also Jordanian and my CN is 61XXX which i believe is very bad :(
And i believed the instructions when it said "It is important for you to complete the next steps as quickly as possible" and already did my medical exam and 7oson el solok which are vaild for only one year while apparently the interview (inshallah) will be on sep 2012!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaw el Nashama! :D I'm also Jordanian and my CN is 61XXX which i believe is very bad :(
And i believed the instructions when it said "It is important for you to complete the next steps as quickly as possible" and already did my medical exam and 7oson el solok which are vaild for only one year while apparently the interview (inshallah) will be on sep 2012!!!!

Don`t Rush my friend its too early to do this things usually they send your second letter to mention to you that you have to prepare the all documents and as you know the medical test in Alkhaldi medical center very fast and the police certificate need 2 weeks and the letter usually arrived 5 to 7 weeks from KCC before the interview

Thank you dadadada72 for posting in this thread, i was following your case Number and your case inspire me because it very high case number as you can see my case also is high too, i wish you the best in your interview

But he's from Africa! have you seen a similar case from Asia? Anybody?

But he's from Africa! have you seen a similar case from Asia? Anybody?

The number of winners are 100021 so its normal to see one with number 2012AS0010021 but the difference this year that winners from Asia they have High case number

Hi guys,
I am from Lebanon with case number 2012AS00032XXX
I was worried if that is considered a very high number to obtain a visa.

Hi guys,
I am from Lebanon with case number 2012AS00032XXX
I was worried if that is considered a very high number to obtain a visa.

Do not worry my friend your CN is good but your interview will be may between Mar and Sep and all the CN will be current in September

Hello,

Had a couple of questions. My CN is 2012AS0004XXXX, does any body know when will this CN be current and explain to me how you figured this out? Is it "too hight" of CN, I mean is there a chance? When my husband was filling out the ENTERY forms IN OCT 2010 he did mention that I was a housewife but I have worked as a teacher will that create any problems for us? and finally in the KCC forms in the section where it says "Name and address of petitioner" I wrote N/A because I filled up the forms myself, Is that what you are supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Again,

I am relatively new this.I have been reading the "Travel.state.gov" for a week or two now, but some stuff don't quite add up, for example I've been checking the visa bulletin and a number as high as mine 4xxxx hasn't been current for the passed decade(by the way I am from Iran). Asia is always current between 8000 and 15000 from OCT to SEP, this does not make any sense or may be I am comprehending the data incorrectly. I am really confused. Questions time now ; )>>>>>>>, Can an applicant begin their "medical and police back ground check" process as soon as possible I mean if I do this in SEP 2011 will the results still be good say if my interview falls in AUG 2012.

Thank you so much guys
Sorry for throwing so many question your way at once.