• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Lottery Winners From Jordan and Middle East

Hi Again,

I am relatively new this.I have been reading the "Travel.state.gov" for a week or two now, but some stuff don't quite add up, for example I've been checking the visa bulletin and a number as high as mine 4xxxx hasn't been current for the passed decade(by the way I am from Iran). Asia is always current between 8000 and 15000 from OCT to SEP, this does not make any sense or may be I am comprehending the data incorrectly. I am really confused. Questions time now ; )>>>>>>>, Can an applicant begin their "medical and police back ground check" process as soon as possible I mean if I do this in SEP 2011 will the results still be good say if my interview falls in AUG 2012.

Thank you so much guys
Sorry for throwing so many question your way at once.

Welcom Kate in this page you will find the answer for all of your questions
Regarding the CN you have to read the Visa Bulletin(VB) every month because every month the CN number will start go up and every VB will have data for the up coming two months for example if you look at(VB) for this month you will see data for SEP and OCT now the data for SEP its for DV lottery winners 2011 and the Viscal year for DV 2012 start OCT they start this year in asia with 8000 and next month you will see data for OCT & NOV in nov you will see the asia number wil move forward more than 8000 now this year the asia numbers is high like your number and mine so according to last year my prediction is your CN and mine may be will be due in AUG or SEP 2012

Now for filling the form can you tell me please who won you or your husband and if you are the winner do you have High School degree or higher than that??
if you are the winner in question for the (Name and address of petitioner) you have to write your name and your address, But do not worry any mistake in filling the form you will corrected in the day of the interview because remember you did not sign the form yet and they will ask you to sign it in the interview day.

Now for the medical and police usually it will be valid for one year and since your CN is high my advice you to wait untill May or Jun and then you can do it but when you see the Second letter(appointment Letter) they will ask you to do these things and usually the time between the letter and the appointment will be 4-6 weeks and i think its enough time to do the medical and police certificate

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the prompt response EYW979.

Regarding your question, yes I have a masters degree same as my husband and I am the principal applicant. Now, I don't know how the ENTRY forms look like because my husband did the registration online(But I did complete all the KCC forms personally). Is there a section in the ENTRY from that asks for spouse's occupation because if there is I think my husband did put down housewife, but I have worked before and I have the Proofs and every thing. All been said do you think this contradiction is going to cause any problems.

Regards

Dear Kate
please come up to iranian web mohajersara.com.you will find many many useful information.the site is wonderful and there is even detailed experiences of members for example filling the forms,interview,bulletin,CN,vaccination, ......clearance of 2011 winners ( they are posting every 2-3 hours).I am new there but now I am a kind of expert in Dv lottery issues:). they are really kind and amazing persons.see you there...one more thing Iranians do not need police certificate!!;0

This site is the best extremely helpfull. Since my CN is high 45xxx not expecting anything before May 12. Good luck to all here

Guys as i am reading through this forum i came up with someone who mentioned a thing about you must have a police clearance from every country you have lived in for more than six months...
well i was working in KSA for 3 years but i am Jordanian and i live in Jordan now for more than 10 years, so my question is do i have to get a police clearance from KSA also ?

Guys as i am reading through this forum i came up with someone who mentioned a thing about you must have a police clearance from every country you have lived in for more than six months...
well i was working in KSA for 3 years but i am Jordanian and i live in Jordan now for more than 10 years, so my question is do i have to get a police clearance from KSA also ?

No my friend i worked also in Saudi Arabia for 6 years but Saudi Arabia not providing police clearance for any body out side of the country except the
Saudi citizen so American embassy aware about this and they will not ask you don`t worry.

No my friend i worked also in Saudi Arabia for 6 years but Saudi Arabia not providing police clearance for any body out side of the country except the
Saudi citizen so American embassy aware about this and they will not ask you don`t worry.

Thanks man, i guess i will let you know if they did asked me about it since your case number is higher than mine :p

Ok no problem

i sent you a message hope to hear from you soon.
anyway i have a new question, i need to know for certain does affidavit of support must be obtained before the interview ? and if the answer is yes, i know a friend in U.S can he fill the form for me ? and if the answer is yes also which form must fill ?
Thanks in advance

Sending the dvlottery payment and the full list of the required documents

Hello all,

This thread has been very helpful, but it's been a while since the last post was made. I have three questions that I would like to know the answer to;

I will need to send the AOS package soon (January). My first question is; do I send the $440 payment right now? Or do I need to do anything else before...

The second question is; When I got the documents by e-mail, it said that "I must submit the DV "Notification Letter" printed from the Entrant Status Check website to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" - what does that mean? Do I need to do anything before I send the documents in January?

The third question is; where do I find the full list of documents that I need to send in January?

Thanks

Your Fellow Countryman,
RoronoaZoro

Hello all,

This thread has been very helpful, but it's been a while since the last post was made. I have three questions that I would like to know the answer to;

I will need to send the AOS package soon (January). My first question is; do I send the $440 payment right now? Or do I need to do anything else before...

The second question is; When I got the documents by e-mail, it said that "I must submit the DV "Notification Letter" printed from the Entrant Status Check website to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" - what does that mean? Do I need to do anything before I send the documents in January?

The third question is; where do I find the full list of documents that I need to send in January?

Thanks

Your Fellow Countryman,
RoronoaZoro

Regarding the first one you can Pay now or when you send the AOS package but my advice to you is to pay now
Second one don`t worry about it this to know if your are eligible to do AOS or not but if you are in the country in F1 and your legally her so your eligible for AOS
Third one i got the answer for you from thread AOS 2011 from Baobab

Documents needed for the AOS package that is sent to the Chicago lock-box and a sample cover letter courtesy of capeolive from the 2010 AOS thread. [LINK]
Sample cover letter copied below to increase availability in case the 2010 AOS thread goes away.

Originally Posted by capeolive
The following cover letter is only a sample.
Make your own research. Take out the things
that are not relevant to you, add the things
that are relevant. Always read the instructions.

----------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

This post from cooldude06_78 compiles an index of the 2009 winners with their field offices and the page numbers in the 2009 AOS thread where their interview experiences are presented.

This post from Capeolive provides a summary of the processing times and field offices of all 2010 AOS winners who reported their timeline in the 2010 thread, organized by month.

DV2011 applicants, enter your timeline information in this spreadsheet for the benefit of future applicants. As a reward, you can view aggregate statistics based on the information from all members on these pages.
Last edited by baobab; 13th December 2010 at 11:06 PM.

Hi guys ......
i Won the green card and iam form somalia but i live in saudi Arbia and my cause number is 2012AS00037XXX they said my interviw will be in Nnovember then they said it will be in December then agine they said in January .... i confused .. i dont knw when will be my interviw ... thxx

Hi guys ......
i Won the green card and iam form somalia but i live in saudi Arbia and my cause number is 2012AS00037XXX they said my interviw will be in Nnovember then they said it will be in December then agine they said in January .... i confused .. i dont knw when will be my interviw ... thxx

Did you check your updated status online on

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

that should have the correct details. moreover this seems fake because its a long way to go for 37xxxx to be current.