• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2012 Lottery Winners From Jordan and Middle East

thxx for the answer ..but still i cat see when wil be my interviw...i there any one did the interviw in saudi arbia?

thxx for the answer ..but still i cat see when wil be my interviw...i there any one did the interviw in saudi arbia?

You will receive an email from noreply@state.gov with the subject heading: Required Entry Status Check for DV Submission. You click on the link provided in the email and key in your 16 digit CN with your name and DOB to get all the details of your interview. You will not get this notification if your number is not yet current. Judging from your number, you cannot be current for November/December or January. Go through the DV website and look at previous years numbers for your region to give you an approximate month when your region was current.

what is your CN ? if as you say its 37xxx it will not come up this year and even next year it will most likely be after March

Hi guys ......
i Won the green card and iam form somalia but i live in saudi Arbia and my cause number is 2012AS00037XXX they said my interviw will be in Nnovember then they said it will be in December then agine they said in January .... i confused .. i dont knw when will be my interviw ... thxx

Salam sister Samirah according to the last year interview the case number like yours they make the interview in JULY/2011 and you can see the proof in this link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5452.html
but this year the number move faster so hopefully it will be between May and July 2012 so you will receive an email ask you to check the update and you have to go to www.dvlottery.state.gov and check your result again then you will see you appointment date and place

More specific questions

Regarding the first one you can Pay now or when you send the AOS package but my advice to you is to pay now
Second one don`t worry about it this to know if your are eligible to do AOS or not but if you are in the country in F1 and your legally her so your eligible for AOS
Third one i got the answer for you from thread AOS 2011 from Baobab

Documents needed for the AOS package that is sent to the Chicago lock-box and a sample cover letter courtesy of capeolive from the 2010 AOS thread. [LINK]
Sample cover letter copied below to increase availability in case the 2010 AOS thread goes away.

Originally Posted by capeolive
The following cover letter is only a sample.
Make your own research. Take out the things
that are not relevant to you, add the things
that are relevant. Always read the instructions.

----------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

This post from cooldude06_78 compiles an index of the 2009 winners with their field offices and the page numbers in the 2009 AOS thread where their interview experiences are presented.

This post from Capeolive provides a summary of the processing times and field offices of all 2010 AOS winners who reported their timeline in the 2010 thread, organized by month.

DV2011 applicants, enter your timeline information in this spreadsheet for the benefit of future applicants. As a reward, you can view aggregate statistics based on the information from all members on these pages.
Last edited by baobab; 13th December 2010 at 11:06 PM.

I have some questions. I'm a student. What are the forms/things that I *do not* need to provide? For example; do I need to provide Application of Employment? probably not. How about Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization? EAD?

*I work as a TA

Also, about the financial details. Do I need to provide bank statements? I can provide the last 3 paysubs, is that enough? Also how about my tax return... I did file those but the amount of money was nothing much (they barely pay us)...

Thanks

Roronoa Zoro

Anyone?

I have some questions. I'm a student. What are the forms/things that I *do not* need to provide? For example; do I need to provide Application of Employment? probably not. How about Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization? EAD?

*I work as a TA

Also, about the financial details. Do I need to provide bank statements? I can provide the last 3 paysubs, is that enough? Also how about my tax return... I did file those but the amount of money was nothing much (they barely pay us)...

Thanks

Roronoa Zoro

I know these might be simple questions... I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

I know these might be simple questions... I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

its up to you if you want to apply for EAD with your application of AOS but since you are on F1 i don`t think so you need
regarding the financial its a big deal your pay stub plus your tax return can support and if you can provide affidavit support(I-1340 it will be great

Thanks for the reply

its up to you if you want to apply for EAD with your application of AOS but since you are on F1 i don`t think so you need
regarding the financial its a big deal your pay stub plus your tax return can support and if you can provide affidavit support(I-1340 it will be great

Thank you

Thank you so much ....:) but i have aonther Question ..... i live in Saudi Arbia my Cn is 2012AS00037XXX and iam from Somalia..so i will move to my

country somalia ..can i do my interviw in Ethiopia ???

Thank you so much ....:) but i have aonther Question ..... i live in Saudi Arbia my Cn is 2012AS00037XXX and iam from Somalia..so i will move to my

Why don't you do the interview in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

But yes, you could travel to Ethiopia to do your interview if that's where you will be residing.

Yes you can do the interview where ever you want since you have residency in that country and you requested when you filled your form DS -122 or you can change the place by contact them .

Why don't you do the interview in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

But yes, you could travel to Ethiopia to do your interview if that's where you will be residing.
PMEYW979
Originally Posted by samirah
Thank you so much .... but i have aonther Question ..... i live in Saudi Arbia my Cn is 2012AS00037XXX and iam from Somalia..so i will move to m

Thank you so much slash n also PMEYW979 for the help me :) why i cant do in Riyadh coz i will move to somalia...

Hello guys hw u doing? i have one Question .... my case number is 2012AS00037xxx and my interviw is after 2 months inshallah .. if they chosen

me when they will give me the Visa? they can give me in same time or i have to waite..??if i have to waite hw mnay days i have to waite??

thxx guys:rolleyes:

Hello guys hw u doing? i have one Question .... my case number is 2012AS00037xxx and my interviw is after 2 months inshallah .. if they chosen

me when they will give me the Visa? they can give me in same time or i have to waite..??if i have to waite hw mnay days i have to waite??

thxx guys:rolleyes:

if Approved, you will get you visa in a week to 10 days...

info inquiry

Hello everyone.

I am winner of Gc 2011 and my interviewee have been scheduled on May, I need to get some information from you, When I applied on GC i was single but I have married and I have still returned my documents as a single why i did that because my Husband is living in another country, and he cannot come where i stay now, what your advise towards this..would i tell the truth during my interviewee and present all the evidence that i have married...or i just wait it till i get the visa then when i go in USA what kind of chances do my husband have to apply for him visa....thanks for your prompt attention

Hello everyone.

I am winner of Gc 2011 and my interviewee have been scheduled on May, I need to get some information from you, When I applied on GC i was single but I have married and I have still returned my documents as a single why i did that because my Husband is living in another country, and he cannot come where i stay now, what your advise towards this..would i tell the truth during my interviewee and present all the evidence that i have married...or i just wait it till i get the visa then when i go in USA what kind of chances do my husband have to apply for him visa....thanks for your prompt attention

@samirah, first of all did you get married after being selected in the lottery or you were married before you entered the lottery???
If you got married before you entered the lottery then you should have entered Married on your initial application. And if you did not then there will be a problem at the interview.
But if you got married after submitting ur initial application and sending DS 220 + DS230 forms then its ok. You just have to go to the interview with ur husband and fill for him form DS230. When you go to the interview you have to show proof that you were married after being selected. A marriage certificate will be needed and also photos of the wedding ceremony and honeymoon. And also to prove ur marriage is genuine you also have to provide proof that you have known your husband since before you were selected. They may ask you and your husband questions separately to confirm this.
Goodluck at the interview

Hello everyone.

I am winner of Gc 2011 and my interviewee have been scheduled on May, I need to get some information from you, When I applied on GC i was single but I have married and I have still returned my documents as a single why i did that because my Husband is living in another country, and he cannot come where i stay now

Let me try and understand. You were not married when you entered the lottery, so you said you were Single on the Electronic application form. You then got married. You sent your DS-230 and your DSP-122 forms indicating that you were still single. You did this because your spouse is in another country.

If I understood this correctly, you misrepresented a material fact; your martial status. That was really silly thing to do. Why did you not reschedule a time and location to where both you and your spouse could attend an interview and complete the DS-230 and DSP-122 forms honestly reflecting the fact that you have since gotten married? There is nothing wrong with doing that, not everyone can make their appointments so rescheduling is the proper thing to do.

what your advise towards this..would i tell the truth during my interviewee and present all the evidence that i have married...or i just wait it till i get the visa then when i go in USA what kind of chances do my husband have to apply for him visa....thanks for your prompt attention

If you proceed to continue with the lie that you are single, and you somehow get the visa by misrepresenting your status you will not be able to file for your spouse. This because your marriage certificate will pre-date the time when you stated under oath to the CO that you were single. You will be caught out and have your visa revoked.

Code:
According to Sec. 212(a)(6)(i) of the United States Immigration and Nationality Act[8 U.S.C. 1182], misrepresentation is defined as:
"In general - Any alien who, by fraud or willfully misrepresenting a material fact, seeks to procure (or has [B]sought to procure[/B] or [B]has procured[/B]) a visa, other documentation, or admission into the United States or other benefit provided under this Act is inadmissible."

You should always tell the truth, you are under oath to do so. You will be asked to sign the forms you sent and affirm their truthfulness.

You should immediately contact the Embassy responsible and re-schedule your appointment to a day when both you and your spouse can attend the interview. You should prepare yourself to be questioned over the legitimacy of your marriage. Do not, under any circumstances, lie.

Last edited by a moderator: