• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Entrant Status Check Problems

fthnm2005

Registered Users (C)
Dear all:

I know that there are other threads in this forum which discuss the DV 2012 entrant stus check results. However, I decided to start a new thread to discuss the details of the status checking process that other people experience.

If you have been selected for DV 2012 further processing, please describe us the details of your experince (for example what kind of browser did you use to check your status etc.). I am hoping that every applicant will be able to make sure that "Selected" or "Not Selected" messages are true or not. I describe the reasons below.

I am running a bit suspicious and I wonder if the browser is causing a problem to me. I had 9 applications applied on behalf of my friends (some of them are couples so the total applications is 15). But all of them are doomed :(

When I went to check the statuses, the website says it only accepts "Internet Explorer" vesrions 6 and 7. Although it does let me check all of the the statuses of 15 applications I had applied, this seems a bit suspicious to me. All of the applications have been submitted in different days (distributed somewhat equally throughout the application period) and I thought at least one of them should have been selected... (I do acknowledge that I might still be wrong and the odds of winning the lottery is very slim)

So, I am inviting anybody who has IE version 6 or 7, please report us if you have received "This application has been SELECTED for futher application" message, or if you have these vesions of IE 6 or 7, but checked your status on other verisions and got the "Not Selected" message, I urge you please retry it on oplder versions...

thanks!

This is indeed strange. ANOTHER CONCERN: Since my confirmation has a 'ZERO', I re-entered the number with the alphabet 'o' just to make sure it should be one or the other. Low and behold it accepted BOTH the zero and o..It should have indicated INVALID CONFIRMATION NUMBER. This maybe irrelavant.

I JUST DID ANOTHER TEST: I ENTERED THE NUMBER ONE (1) AS THE LETTER I and it accepted it as well. It SHOULDN'T HAVE ACCEPTED THAT. SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT..

it's not because you submited 15 peoples that you will sure win... there isn't 1 chance out of ten but depending from your country, there is between 1 out of 20 to 1 out of 2000
Dear all:

I know that there are other threads in this forum which discuss the DV 2012 entrant stus check results. However, I decided to start a new thread to discuss the details of the status checking process that other people experience.

If you have been selected for DV 2012 further processing, please describe us the details of your experince (for example what kind of browser did you use to check your status etc.). I am hoping that every applicant will be able to make sure that "Selected" or "Not Selected" messages are true or not. I describe the reasons below.

I am running a bit suspicious and I wonder if the browser is causing a problem to me. I had 9 applications applied on behalf of my friends (some of them are couples so the total applications is 15). But all of them are doomed :(

When I went to check the statuses, the website says it only accepts "Internet Explorer" vesrions 6 and 7. Although it does let me check all of the the statuses of 15 applications I had applied, this seems a bit suspicious to me. All of the applications have been submitted in different days (distributed somewhat equally throughout the application period) and I thought at least one of them should have been selected... (I do acknowledge that I might still be wrong and the odds of winning the lottery is very slim)

So, I am inviting anybody who has IE version 6 or 7, please report us if you have received "This application has been SELECTED for futher application" message, or if you have these vesions of IE 6 or 7, but checked your status on other verisions and got the "Not Selected" message, I urge you please retry it on oplder versions...

thanks!

I've not been selected this year, I doubt it's an error in the system. If you have not been selected then well... you have not been selected. Lol I know it sucks and people are thinking of alternative ways for it but that's the truth. There are some winners already from the looks of things so I don't think what web browser you're using has any relevance to the applications.

I've not been selected this year, I doubt it's an error in the system. If you have not been selected then well... you have not been selected. Lol I know it sucks and people are thinking of alternative ways for it but that's the truth. There are some winners already from the looks of things so I don't think what web browser you're using has any relevance to the applications.

true, it says "internet explorer 7 or above" but me i use google chrome & all went well... if the results says "not selected or selected", a diferent web browser won't change anything

can you check my case in an old version please??
entrant name : Thobani, Alim Amir Ali

confirmation nub : 20122GDRMJOGHUQ6

yEAR OF BIRTH : 1988

can you check my case in an old version please??
entrant name : Thobani, Alim Amir Ali

confirmation nub : 20122GDRMJOGHUQ6

yEAR OF BIRTH : 1988

here is the result
Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

I think the system is going nuts. In another thread here someone posted that he checked for a friend and it said his friend has been selected and he saw his friends case number. When his friend checked his own status from his computer at home it said, "has not been selected".

Hey guy good work in here.I stumbled on this site out of anxiety before the Ist of May and I really like what I am getting.

"Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2012 Electronic Diversity Visa program.
Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the ESC Home Page link below"

Pls does this statement mean I can still be selected?
Cos It seems all my guys also got the message and one of them said it is a batch by batch thingy
My Brethren pls help trash the issue....I believe in you guys

I applied last year and received the "not selected" message when doing my status check.

This year I received the success letter - same result using IE 7 & also Safari. These were the same browsers & same versions of each browser as used when checking last year.

I copied and pasted information from the 'help' page of the Online Entry status check..Please note the information in RED- bold. I NEVER RECIEVED AN ERROR MESSAGE

"To complete the Enter Entrant information page, you must enter your information as it was entered on your Diversity Visa entry:

Enter your Confirmation Number that you received on your confirmation page from your Diversity Visa entry submission.

The format is 2012XXXXXXXXXXXX.

Enter your Last/Family Name or select the No Last/Family Name check box, if applicable.

Your entry must match what you entered on your Diversity Visa entry.

Enter your (primary entrant) four-digit Year of Birth (do not include month or day).

The format is YYYY.

Click Continue.

Note: All text fields with a red asterisk must be filled out. You will receive an error message if the text you enter in a field is not in the correct format.

Last edited by a moderator:
web status check has problems for this year DV-2012, so you have to be patient...

in the europe region chance of winning is 1 from 60.

I'm using google chrome & all good. 15 applications but the odd of getting selected are 1 in 320 so... I know it can be frustrating to "lose" because you put lot of hope, i understand that, but the browser won't change anything, you will more hurt yourself than anything else, just try again next year
Dear all:

thanks!

nothing can be done... heck, even thoses who got their confirmation number & who haven't checked yet are almost doomed due to the KCC server problem
Hi my friend guys i lost her confirmation number what can they do to check the status???

well, even if the server was up, you can't check without confirm number.
By the way, any brave souls to call again today? :)