• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 Lottery Entrant Status Check Problems

some one in other froum said that he called them today and they promise to be fix by today noon !!!!!!

Sorry guys its now official the dv lottery results of may1 has been cancelled its on the official state website. They will do again randomly and results will be out on 15 july 2011. Make sue you dont misplace your confirmation number

I checked my status on the first day(May 1) and it said I was not selected. So i threw away my paper with confirmation code.
Now they are saying an error, so new results coming out on July 15, 2011. They need to reissue ppl like me new numbers, because it is not my fault they had this error!!!
now i may have won, but cant check

someone, anyone, please help

@pia parker,

Its unfortunate, but its clear now that for many of us from developing countries we need to start thinking for our selves on how to find other means of succeeding in the world, because the developed nations can continue to mess up our emotions and say things like 'sorry', 'error' and there is nothing we can do about it.

I urge you to try looking for alternative ways to bring your dreams and desires to life...

Best wishes,

This is so effed up!!!!!

I understand when they say THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE SYSTEM and the computer created wrong selectees (by selecting the first bunch of people that APPLIED FOR - which in my case is SA00000001 which makes me THE FIRST PERSON FROM SOUTH AMERICA TO APPLY FOR THE LOTTERY even when I applied like 2 weeks after... I find hard to believe that NOBODY FROM SOUTH AMERICA applied before) "errors" can happen. BUT WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SENT ALL YOUR PAPER WORK ALREADY AND YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE DVLOTTERY FEE? Do they keep that money (U$440) just because of an ERROR??????!!!! So there system screw the process and they KEEP MY MONEY ANYWAY?!

This is totally crazy and convenient... FOR THEM OF COURSE! I am trying to contact KCC to check what would happen with those of us that have paid the fee already and will keep you posted.

UPDATE: This was the dialogue:
ME: Hello I am calling about the DV2012, I have a question...
REP: (interrupting in a robotic tone) FOR ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE DIVERSITY 2012 GO THE WEBSITE.
ME: Ok, but the information that I am trying to find IT IS NOT ON THE WEBSITE. I Have already paid the fee for the Application that the dpt. of state has voided.
REP: FOR ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE DIVERSITY 2012 GO THE WEBSITE.
ME: I heard you the first time. But I think you have not understood my question. The answer to my question is not posted on the website. I need to know what would happen with the people that have already paid for the DV2012 FEES.
REP: (interrupting in a robotic tone) FOR ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE DIVERSITY 2012 GO THE WEBSITE.

This dialogue have gone on and on for about 10 minutes...

NICELY DONE STATE DEPT! I am not going to JUST GIVE AWAY U$440 of my hard worked money just because they have made a MISTAKE! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I understand when they say THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE SYSTEM and the computer created wrong selectees (by selecting the first bunch of people that APPLIED FOR - which in my case is SA00000001 which makes me THE FIRST PERSON FROM SOUTH AMERICA TO APPLY FOR THE LOTTERY even when I applied like 2 weeks after... I find hard to believe that NOBODY FROM SOUTH AMERICA applied before) "errors" can happen. BUT WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU HAVE NOT ONLY SENT ALL YOUR PAPER WORK ALREADY AND YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE DVLOTTERY FEE? Do they keep that money (U$440) just because of an ERROR??????!!!! So there system screw the process and they KEEP MY MONEY ANYWAY?!

This is totally crazy and convenient... FOR THEM OF COURSE! I am trying to contact KCC to check what would happen with those of us that have paid the fee already and will keep you posted.

UPDATE: This was the dialogue:
ME: Hello I am calling about the DV2012, I have a question...
ME: Ok, but the information that I am trying to find IT IS NOT ON THE WEBSITE. I Have already paid the fee for the Application that the dpt. of state has voided.
REP: FOR ANY QUESTION ABOUT THE DIVERSITY 2012 GO THE WEBSITE.
ME: I heard you the first time. But I think you have not understood my question. The answer to my question is not posted on the website. I need to know what would happen with the people that have already paid for the DV2012 FEES.

This dialogue have gone on and on for about 10 minutes...

NICELY DONE STATE DEPT! I am not going to JUST GIVE AWAY U$440 of my hard worked money just because they have made a MISTAKE! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Chances are, they will return your money.

there are some people laughing & stuff, but what the KCC doesn't know is that it will be very hard for some peoples coming july 15 because losing, ok shit happen, but "winning", telling your friends, familly, starting making plan & stuff to have all that removed... it is way harder than just losing & all they will get will be a "sorry"... i know some are happy to get a second chance, but i'm sure some peoples who saw a great opportunity won't support it...

Can I just point out that you were first person from South America to be selected. Not necessarily the first one to apply.

And I also think they will refund your money.

makes me THE FIRST PERSON FROM SOUTH AMERICA TO APPLY FOR THE LOTTERY even when I applied like 2 weeks after... I find hard to believe that NOBODY FROM SOUTH AMERICA applied before)