• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Mohkha, Hope everything is going well with you, I have the same situation as you, after your rejection, did you resubmit the same package to USCIS? because of those barcode on the right side of the papaers and also did you add anything to your package regarding your own I-797? (I-130, I-140, I-360) I have the same situation and my wife is the principle applicant and I am the derivatie applicant but there is not anything under my nae for invitation letter 1 and 2 from KCC!! So I didnot know what should I do!

I did resubmit the same package.

interview on June 19th

Hello all,
I got my interview appointment letter last weekend. The interview is on June 19th. I am pretty nervous about it. The letter does not specify what documents to bring along (I think they don't send out the case specific letter asking for documents,etc)
But, anyways, I have listed below the documents that I had sent to the lock box along with I-485. Could you guys check it and let me know what I should bring along with me for the interview?

1-5) I-485 and other forms
6. Copy of selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
7. Copy of receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
8. Medical examination (form I-693)
9. Copy of government issued photo ID (native passport)
10. Copies of birth certificates (both native and English versions)
11. Copy of passport page with non-immigrant visa
12. Copy of form I-94
13. Evidence of education:
o Copy of High School Transcripts
o Copy of transcript from Southeastern Louisiana University
14. Copy of pages 1 & 3 of Form I-20
15. Financial documents:
o Authorization to work on-campus from the University
o Last two pay stubs

I have a on campus job but I do not earn much b/c I have scholarship and stuff so I don't need a lot of money. So, I am worried if I need to bring affidavit of support. or Welcome letter, or anything?

I appreciate your help.

interview

We have our interview tomorrow, I am so excited. Yesterday I got email update about the EAD card production.

My interview is scheduled at 10.30 am and my husband's at 11 am.

Will it be a separate interview? or together?

We're taking exactly the same package that we sent to Chicago lock box office.

Good luck everyone.

We have our interview tomorrow, I am so excited. Yesterday I got email update about the EAD card production.

Good luck everyone.

hi gkds52,

we have interview tomorrow, too. I hope everything goes well for you and me.. I am so nerves because I do not have J-1 waiver yet..

good luck you all..

Interview

Good luck with your interviews guys...Please keep us updated about how it goes and what documents they asked for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck everyone.

No it will be together.

today, I had my interview at 8:00 am. officer said that we need to wait for J-1 waiver. he checked every other information and said that when you got waiver, bring it to us and we will send you green card.. I hope I will get waiver soon..

Just got bio letter in the mail today. Appointment's for 6/27.
Contemplating if I should walk in. Any advice?

Interview documents

today, I had my interview at 8:00 am. officer said that we need to wait for J-1 waiver. he checked every other information and said that when you got waiver, bring it to us and we will send you green card.. I hope I will get waiver soon..

Did they ask for any document?
I am wondering if we need to take a copy of our medical docs.

Hello Guys!

Great news! I finally received my interview letter notification! I received an email yesterday from USCIS saying that I will be interviewed in July 9. Finally things are moving smoothly again. Good luck to all!

-SA

That is great news Strictly_Analog! You have had a very long wait --- patience is a virtue :) I'm very happy to hear this next step in your process and hope that things will continue to go very smoothly with your case!

Best,
ETL

Greencard received!

Hi folks!

==> and I hope no one minds me cross posting this...I also posted in the "other" 2012 AOS thread in-case people read it...

I'm here to report on the last step of my journey. Following the interview, my online status jumped to card production soon after (on the same day as interview), and then a dew days later jumped back to decision, and then proceeded to post decision and finally card/document production again. So, after the status jumped to the end, it then went back and completed each step in sequence as would be expected. I received the welcome letter, and a few days later I received the greencard in the mail! :D Very happy!!!!

I'm rather surprised how quickly and smoothly things completed in the end; from the day of the interview to receiving my greencard it was almost 2 weeks. My wife's status updated online exactly as mine did, but was delayed 3-4 days.

Immediately after I had the greencard, I notified my school of adjustment of status to permanent resident. Just yesterday, I went to the local Social Security Admin. office to apply for a replacement/new social security card (with work restrictions removed). I'm so happy to have completed this process...now can relax a bit and not worry about I-485's and interviews and I-20's and visas and...!!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their experiences and offering advice along the way -- it has been tremendously helpful. I'm going to keep checking-in and look forward to reading others success stories

Cheers, and best wishes,
ETL

Did they ask for any document?
I am wondering if we need to take a copy of our medical docs.

I was just asked for my passport, that's all.. when I met the officer, I saw a binder in front of him and they were what I sent them ( chicago).. he asked if info was correct or not, passed yes no question on I-485.. it took just 15 min... I took a lot of copies just in case.. now waiting for waiver.. how long does it take after my government send no objection letter to DOS.. any experience?

Thanks mohkha and didi01 for your reply. Good to know that walk in bio won't make a difference in the processing time. I will go in during the scheduled appointment.

interview

we arrived 15 min early and waited about 2 hours before we were called in.
we were asked the yes no questions.
there was a file on the table that we sent to chicago in april.
even though we included eeeeeverything in that file, we were asked to show the copy of our j visa waiver and marriage certfiicate and bank statements.

we were asked the yes no questions. when we met when we got married how we have been married.

then we were told that there seems to be another file which was in the local office some time ago, and was transferred back to NBC. office said that she needs to request that file. she couldnt see/find what that other file is or about. asked me if we filed anything else, we said no. we only applied for AOS thats all. she also asked for proof of marriage, although we showed marriage certificates from US and our country, our son's birth certificate, and our bank statements, checking and savings account.
at the begining of the interview, we were asked to fill a page form (basic info address phoen work email etc) and she took our I-94 cards.

we immediately express mailed any other documents supporting our marriage right after the interview, and it is supposed to be delivered this noon.

now I have no idea what the other "file" is. thats a mystery. I'm totally disappointed. after waiting a long time since july 15 2011, we were asked to prove our marriage and we are livign topgether..... she said that it could take another one month. they couldnt find what the other file is. what if there is no such file? i have no idea what that might be!
our I 94s were taken, is this a good sign or does it not mean anything?

pooooffff....

dulgerci: once you get the no objection letter from your government, then you'll get the fav. rec letter. for me it took about a month or so for this. after getting the fav rec letter, you'llget the final uscis approval of the waiver ( this is what they want to see for greencard). for me this step took 4-5 weeks.

Interview

at the begining of the interview, we were asked to fill a page form (basic info address phoen work email etc) and she took our I-94 cards.

we immediately express mailed any other documents supporting our marriage right after the interview, and it is supposed to be delivered this noon.

Some of these officers like to have fun by giving you a bit of stress before sending the GC.
The fact that the officer took your I-94 is a real good sign, and you will get your GC very soon for sure.

Last edited by a moderator: