• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

I was just asked for my passport, that's all.. when I met the officer, I saw a binder in front of him and they were what I sent them ( chicago).. he asked if info was correct or not, passed yes no question on I-485.. it took just 15 min... I took a lot of copies just in case.. now waiting for waiver.. how long does it take after my government send no objection letter to DOS.. any experience?

Hello dulgerci,
after your government sends the No objection Letter it takes about 1.5 months to receive a waiver by mail.
My husband was subjected to J1 visa rule,and his number was current in March 2012, but we did not know that we can submit AOS package without having the waiver.So, what we did is we applied for waiver in March,and received it in early June,and submitted for AOS in June.Although,I do not know whether it was right decision back at that time.Nevertheless,now we are waiting for the email/txt notificiation from USCIS. I hope it will be accepted.For the first time,our package was rejected.
Anyway, please do not worry, you will get your waiver soon.

Plastic GC received :)

Guys, today I've completed my Journey to receive the physical GC via mail.
I am really happy today :D
I now see a lot of better options ahead....the road is still hard but a great obstacle has been removed.
Gud Luck to all the remaining AOSians....You will reach there too....keep the hope alive :)

Congrats

I now see a lot of better options ahead....the road is still hard but a great obstacle has been removed.
Gud Luck to all the remaining AOSians....You will reach there too....keep the hope alive :)

Singhaikola
Congrats to you for finishing up the journey.
Enjoy your Green status.

Congrats

but we did not know that we can submit AOS package without having the waiver.

Actually, I did not know either, therefore I went to USCIS here and ask them what if I have green card interview without J1 waiver, she answered that we will approve other document and wait for waiver, so I filed I-485 to chicago without having waiver. On the interview day, they approved every document and I was told to bring waiver after I received..

Congratulations

Congratulation. Hope you enjoy it much. Today, I received biometric appointment appointment letter for 6/25 but I guess I will try walk-in.

Guys
I am starting worrying about our AOS package. We sent it on 31th of May,it was received in 2nd of June.However, we have not received electronic notification so far. I am afraid that USCIS might have rejected our application again.Is there anyone who has sent AOS package to USCIS in June?If yes, have you already received acceptance email or txt?
Furthermore,I have another question. The principal applicant is my husband, and I applied as his dependent. So, in the first page of I-485 Part 2 section, as a reason of filing I485 we have written h: Dependent of a DV lottery winner.
Is there any one who has done same as we did?Because in some threads,I have read that some people have chosen b.

delay

Guys
I am starting worrying about our AOS package. We sent it on 31th of May,it was received in 2nd of June.However, we have not received electronic notification so far. I am afraid that USCIS might have rejected our application again.Is there anyone who has sent AOS package to USCIS in June?If yes, have you already received acceptance email or txt?
Furthermore,I have another question. The principal applicant is my husband, and I applied as his dependent. So, in the first page of I-485 Part 2 section, as a reason of filing I485 we have written h: Dependent of a DV lottery winner.
Is there any one who has done same as we did?Because in some threads,I have read that some people have chosen b.

Japakak, don't worry. For us, it took 2 weeks to receive any notification. Anyway, I went to local office for walk-in biometric but it did not work. They said come back at the scheduled appointment. You would be fine if you complete your bio at that date. You can meet the deadline :) Let's see

Sent I-485 Lost in Mail

My I-485 is sent on 6/4/2012 and it was supporsed to be at the Chicago Lockbox on 6/6/2012.
It has been 5 days, and it has been "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" for the last 3 days. It is more likely to be lost by USPS. Contacted the Customer Service though they are not really helping me.
It was my everything and I am very upset and about to lose myself.

Question:
Is the criminal record from your home country necessary? I have a clean history but without it I have no proof.
I was only able to get one sealed envelop from my home police and it is in the previously sent package.
It will take quite some time to get a new one (if only the police dept would do it) but everything else I might just be able to get a new copy.

Any help is appreciated.

My I-485 is sent on 6/4/2012 and it was supporsed to be at the Chicago Lockbox on 6/6/2012.
It has been 5 days, and it has been "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" for the last 3 days. It is more likely to be lost by USPS. Contacted the Customer Service though they are not really helping me.

Question:
Is the criminal record from your home country necessary? I have a clean history but without it I have no proof.
I was only able to get one sealed envelop from my home police and it is in the previously sent package.
It will take quite some time to get a new one (if only the police dept would do it) but everything else I might just be able to get a new copy.

Any help is appreciated.

Try to call USPS customer service or anyone in Chicago.I hope your package is not lost.
If you are doing AOS in US, then criminal records are not needed,do not worry. If you decide on sending new package then without any hesitation you can send it without any police records.

USPS Priority Vs Expres

It has been 5 days, and it has been "Processed through USPS Sort Facility" for the last 3 days. It is more likely to be lost by USPS...........

Dont worry too much, usually for 'priority mail' online full update, you need to give ~5-6 working days AFTER the date of acceptance.

For those who need worry free quick del./sig. confirmation (w/ money back g'tee!!), use USPS 'overnight express flat rate', it is worth the $13 or so extra!!

Best!

Thank you.

Try to call USPS customer service or anyone in Chicago.I hope your package is not lost.
If you are doing AOS in US, then criminal records are not needed,do not worry. If you decide on sending new package then without any hesitation you can send it without any police records.

Japakak, the worst part is that the USPS does't even know if it is delivered or lost. Customer Service thinks since it has the signature confirmation and no update on that as of now, there is a great chance it is lost.
Just knowing that I don't have to get a police record from home makes me feel a lot better. Thanks!

Dont worry too much, usually for 'priority mail' online full update, you need to give ~5-6 working days AFTER the date of acceptance.

Thanks NuvF, I will get another package ready just to be sure.
I have to kindly decline your suggestion though, I wont use USPS next time. They are the reason that I am sleepless for days. :'(

Question:

Any help is appreciated.

I wonder if there is a number to call to check if your package arrived at Chicago lockbox. Or did you already try that? The reason I am saying this is because previously I've mailed a package (not to USCIS) via USPS, and the delivery status never changed online (just acceptance and processed). I called them and they weren't helpful. Eventually the package arrived, but the delivery confirmation sticker was not on the package (it got lost in transit), so it couldn't be tracked. Perhaps your package is already there, just not trackable! :)

Don't worry. Mine took about 30 days or more on the USPS website to show an update that it was delivered to the Lockbox. I received my notification of acceptance while it was still showing "Processed through USPS Sort Facility."

Question:

Any help is appreciated.

Don't worry I don't think that the post office lost your envelope. I understand you're very anxious but it's been only a few days.

Thank you so much for all the comments.

I called USCIS 1-800-375-5283 and told the agent about my situation. She told me that it is too early and I should wait for several more days then call back to check the status. I have to note that the conversation with the agent at the USCIS call center was unexpectedly pleasant.

You all were right I might be just paranoid. Now I am off to Yoga.

rdsiCi

Friends
I need some suggestions/opinions or advice please

I had my interview last week and asked to mail in some documents for proof of living together with my husband. We mailed to our local office and they were delivered last week. At the of the interview we were told that there is another file at the national visa center, and the officer said she's requesting it right at that time. This morning I had an infopass to ask about this file. The only file I can think of besides our I 485 package is DSP 122 that we filed to KCC. I called KCC earlier today and was told that my KCC file hasnt been requested by the field office yet.

During the infopass, I was told that there is another A file (i dont know what it means, but I understood as "A file") at the national visa center (i think I heard it correct - as national visa center). Olfficer said that she'll make sure that the file is requested, she took some notes....

Any idea or any suggestion is deeply appreciated. What is national visa center about? Has anyone experinced something like this?

Thanks

National Visa Center

Friends
I need some suggestions/opinions or advice please

During the infopass, I was told that there is another A file (i dont know what it means, but I understood as "A file") at the national visa center (i think I heard it correct - as national visa center). Olfficer said that she'll make sure that the file is requested, she took some notes....

Any idea or any suggestion is deeply appreciated. What is national visa center about? Has anyone experinced something like this?

Thanks

I have never seen anybody here talked about NVC file for dv lottery GC.
I guess what they meant is the KCC file since KCC is in charge of the DV lottery program not National Visa Center. The following quote from KCC website could be useful:

"The program is administered directly from the U.S. Department of State Kentucky Consular Center in Williamsburg, Kentucky. The Kentucky center was established in the year 2000 by the U.S. Department of State to take over administration of the Diversity Visa Lottery program from the National Visa Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire."

EYW979- any notification from USCIS?

Hi EYW979
I wonder if you have received any notification from USCIS regarding your I-485 package?I suppose we mailed the same day,on May 30th.and it was received in June 2th.So far,I have not received neither e-mail nor txt, so I am a bit worried.

AOS timeframe?

Hi EYW979
I wonder if you have received any notification from USCIS regarding your I-485 package?I suppose we mailed the same day,on May 30th.and it was received in June 2th.So far,I have not received neither e-mail nor txt, so I am a bit worried.

Hi JAPAKAK and EYW979
I sent my documents on May 29 and it got there on first of June, but I'm still waiting, I am too much worry too...I was rejected for the first time and I was expecting that this time it will be processed faster...but it seems not . . .