• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Interview

Hello ALL,
I just received my interview letter today although I knew two days ago via email of my interview date. I was waiting for the hard copy to be quite sure of the date since it usually takes a couple of weeks from getting the IL to Interview date. I am now in the process of getting ready a load of documents for the interview. From what I read from previous forums, always be over prepared than under prepared. Now, just waiting until...

Hello!!

I received text message and email on CPO (Card Production Order).
We will get green cards soon!! Now I need to figure out how I can renew social security cards and driver's license.

I also would like to share again about my interview. Even though my interview invitation
said that it is required to submit "I864 (Affidavit of Support)" and Original documents of
Death certificate, my officer did not ask for them. So, it seems that the letter is just a
standard format for every type of I485 interview.

Regards,

max555

After GC

Hello!!

I received text message and email on CPO (Card Production Order).
We will get green cards soon!! Now I need to figure out how I can renew social security cards and driver's license.

I also would like to share again about my interview. Even though my interview invitation
said that it is required to submit "I864 (Affidavit of Support)" and Original documents of
Death certificate, my officer did not ask for them. So, it seems that the letter is just a
standard format for every type of I485 interview.

Regards,

max555
There is a forum where people have shared their experiences on after GC etc.

However, there is a form that we filled asking for a new one to be mailed upon aos approval, I don't remember which one. In any event you can always go to SSA office with your GC and ask for a new one, takes short time. Same with DL at the DMV. I wish you n ur family the best.

@Waterfall123 - Plz, can you post your interview experience for all to see. I am also on H1-B with approved I-140 and would like to know if during your interview, there was a mention of the I-140 etc. Thanks

Congratulations Makeiteasier + Thanks for sharing

@Makeiteasier: just wanted to say Congrats and thanks for sharing. I'm happy for you.

Update from another AOS applicant

Hello everyone,

I just wished to post here with my update --- I've been posting in the other 2012 AOS thread mostly, but posting here also for people do not read both.

My case will be current in March, and I just sent my I-485; see my signature for details.

Cheers and good luck folks!
ETL

welcome

Hello everyone,

I just wished to post here with my update --- I've been posting in the other 2012 AOS thread mostly, but posting here also for people do not read both.

My case will be current in March, and I just sent my I-485; see my signature for details.

Cheers and good luck folks!
ETL

Hello EighthTimeLucky, welcome to this side of the forum. I wish you the best throughout your process.

follow-to-join

Does anyone know the process of follow to join? I included my son on my DV application. He is currently abroad. I have gone through previous forums and couldn't see anyone with the same situation. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all.
Thanks

Does anyone know the process of follow to join? I included my son on my DV application. He is currently abroad. I have gone through previous forums and couldn't see anyone with the same situation. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to you all.
Thanks

Is your son <21 yrs? and he was included in your original eDV app?

Follow the "saga" of 'capeolive' in DV2010 AoS, you'll know what you need to know!!
Good starting pt here....http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only/page218&p=2210136#post2210136 (check his posts from about April-May)

There are few potholes you need to avoid in doing FtJ (CP) after PA's AoS in US.
You need to set up (yes YOU need to do it!) very 'careful' co-ordination with KCC , USCIS FO and embassy.

1st thing to do right now, make sure KCC KNOW its only 2 doing AoS, else they'll not release the DV file to FO saying you need to pay DoS fee for 3 !!
Next is that once you're approved, the FO need to follow the process for FtJ (there is a form you need to fill sign and give them for them to do it). Otherwise the file is just sent somewhere to 'store' for records!

Best!!

Last edited by a moderator:
follow-to-join

Is your son <21 yrs? and he was included in your original eDV app?

1st thing to do right now, make sure KCC KNOW its only 2 doing AoS, else they'll not release the DV file to FO saying you need to pay DoS fee for 3 !!
Next is that once you're approved, the FO need to follow the process for FtJ (there is a form you need to fill sign and give them for them to do it). Otherwise the file is just sent somewhere to 'store' for records!

Best!!

Thanks for the help. My son will be nineteen in June and we have already contacted KCC letting them know about the follow to join. My file has already been sent to my FO. What form do I need to fill upon approval? Is it Form I-824? I now have an idea how to begin the process . I'll go ahead and read the forum you mentioned. Once again thanks for the help.

Finally, a straight answer from KCC

Oh how I hate to say that they are dishonest in their answers! Not once or twice do we call there and the person you find says that the file HAS NOT been requested when we know, and know that we know that it has been requested at times thrice.

Moral of my story:
Called before my interview once or twice (I think twice/once a week prior and 2 weeks prior) and was told that my file had not been requested by FO.

- During my interview the IO clearly showed me that he requested the file and received a blank folder! And he was to request again. He really did.

- called KCC 2-3 days after interview and KCC said that the file had not been requested by FO. I confirmed that I knew it had been requested possibly twice and he asked me to call again in the PM so that they could reconcile their records.

- called in the PM and the same person said that he could confirm that the file had NOT been requested even once, and I should tell FO to request for it AGAIN. [AGAIN? Why would he say again unless it had been requested in the first place? I wish I could ask him but some things are better if self digested!]

- Called KCC today and FINALLY someone was HONEST! "We will not be sending your file to FO until your number is current. We will hold it till then. Call us after March 15th if your file is not yet transferred assuming that your visa number will be on the bulletin then" NOT exactly what I needed and/or wanted to hear given that the IO was ready to request for a visa number BUT IT IS SOME TRUTH ... FOR ONCE! She did not lie to me that the file has not been requested, like all the other times. Next call scheduled for Friday March 16th!

Bottom line: The game between DV winner - KCC - FO about files being transferred to FO from KCC lies within the KCC internal processes in MY OPINION. In the mean time DV winner barks the wrong tree (FO) for the file to be requested AGAIN and AGAIN while KCC sits on it - till it is well marinated for transfer. People keep going back to FO...FO's keep requesting for the file...and KCC just sits on them. Sweet!!

Pending AOS (Employment) and DV AOS

Gurus,

I have a pending Employment AOS since 2007 and now will be doing AOS for DV as well (unless things changes). Has anyone had experience with this? I hear while doing AOS through DV the longest time it takes is to FBI name check, however with my pending EB AOS, I have been told my I-485 is pre-adjudicated (dont know if anything of this exists) and everything cleared and waiting on VISA number (which is PD to be current). If the above holds true will this help processing DV based AOS?

Thanks guys
KV

Interview Success

Our interview today was scheduled for 8:15AM. My wife and I arrived at the FO at 7:08AM just to give ourselves enough time to relax before the interview. We entered the building at 7:40AM and went through security and then upstairs where we were told to go. I met the lady at the front desk and showed her our IL and equally told her that we were waiting for our lawyer to be present before the interview. We waited until 8:00AM and the lawyer had not shown up and so I went back to the front desk to inquire if we have to get the interview done without the lawyer. She said he will be here and that if we are called before the lawyer gets here, I should tell the IO that we are still waiting for our lawyer so that the IO will give us some more time. We didn't get called until 8:42AM. At the time we got called, a lawyer who works in the same firm as the one we hired, walked in and was on the phone. As soon as he heard our names called, he walked up to us and said our lawyer couldn't make it here because he had a court case. He told us that he would represent us and that he is also here with another client. The IO said it would be fast and she (IO) wouldn't take much of his time. While she was ushering us to her office, the lawyer jokingly said I will be here for the faking since he is not our real attorney. We entered her office and she started by apologizing that she has been away and that is why our KCC file was requested late and the appointment for today was done in a very short notice which could be the reason our attorney could not make it. In front of her desk was our KCC file sealed. She said this just got here this morning and I have not opened it. While she was opening the file, the lawyer present was just chatting with her how he just came back from Africa and has not rested blah blah blah. She asked for our IDs and then started talking about our son what she needs to do on her own part to make sure everything goes smoothly. I immediately knew things are gonna be alright. Her conversation was more on our son. She later asked us to raise our hands and we took the oath. She asked for name, date of birth, address, father and mother's first name and then the YES/NO questions from the I-485. She looked through the files quickly while asking questions putting a check mark against each question as she goes. She confirmed my employer and we talked about my nature of job. At the end of the conversation, she said our visa number is low and that she has checked and she will approve our case today and that we will be getting the card in two weeks or sometimes in less than ten days. She said the update online usually takes about 24 hours for us to see any changes and that was it. She collected our I-94s. She congratulated us and said this should be a happy day for you all. We thanked her and then left with the lawyer at about 9:10AM. The IO was nice and very professional.
Now, I only knew about this forum after I had hired a lawyer and package sent to Chicago Lock Box. The lawyer I hired was not more knowledgeable about the DV process. This in fact is his first DV case. I learnt a lot from this forum which actually helped me to follow up my case since it was taking too long to get my IL. I had to from time to time tell my lawyer to make inquiries and hence expedited the case. This is quite an experience and I wish all those that are still in the process the very best. Just hang in there. I know you all will go through smoothly.
Cheers!

Just got a text, status changed to card production ordered (CPO)
Praise be to the Lord 'cause He is good. Amen

Congrats!!

Congrats to all of you who have successfully completed the DV journey.

I am doing AOS; Previously F1 and currently H1B.

1. Do I need to send all my I-20s?
2. Do i need to get Police Certificate for AOS?

Thanks

----------------------------
CN: 2012AS00032XXX
08/05/2011: DSP-122 & DS-230 sent to KCC
08/25/2011: Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
02/08/2012: DV fee sent with self-addressed envelope
02/17/2012: DV fee receipt by mail
02/08/2012: Medical done
Current in April '12
Waiting for March-31 to send my AOS Package