• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Documents for the interview

Hi Folks,

I got my interview letters on Friday. It says that "the principal applicant must bring an original award letter issued by Dept of State, KCC. An original letter will bear a blue imprint of the DOS, KCC embossed on the header of the letter. A sample of the award letter is included for your reference”

The letter included as sample is the same format and text as the one I received by e-mail from KCC after I sent my DSP122. The KCC letter came in as a pdf attachment and it does not have the “blue imprint" of DOS KCC. To be embossed it needs to be an original of course.

Is this something this specific filed office is requesting or is it for all? How did you deal with it? Should I just print the one I have and explain that it is the only thing I got from KCC or should I contact KCC and ask for an original?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

I got my interview letters on Friday. It says that "the principal applicant must bring an original award letter issued by Dept of State, KCC. An original letter will bear a blue imprint of the DOS, KCC embossed on the header of the letter. A sample of the award letter is included for your reference”

The letter included as sample is the same format and text as the one I received by e-mail from KCC after I sent my DSP122. The KCC letter came in as a pdf attachment and it does not have the “blue imprint" of DOS KCC. To be embossed it needs to be an original of course.

Is this something this specific filed office is requesting or is it for all? How did you deal with it? Should I just print the one I have and explain that it is the only thing I got from KCC or should I contact KCC and ask for an original?

Thanks

I did not get a letter/email from KCC after I sent my DSP122. I called them though and they said they had received it. I also sent the $440 fee. Have all the applicants here received such a letter? I thought the letter is not a big deal, but now that I read they require it for the interview I started to worry. Can someone give me some answers?

THanks

Congrats

Hi Folks,

Thanks
Congratulations for getting ur interview letter.

By award letter, they mean the notification that u get when u enter your confirmation number and it starts with something like "You Have been selected ..." or "You are one of the selectees...". Once printed in color, it bears the blue letterhead and everything. I sent mine with AOS package and took another color copy to he interview; as well as he second email after sending the DSP122 forms and money.
No one in DV2012 got an original letter by mail...we all checked our status on line then got the AOS letter. So they wouldn't expect u to have what doesn't exist. Just take the official award letter from the dv site and the other PDF attached to email and you should be fine.

eyup,

Did it take the USCIS 11 days to accept your application? I understand that you sent your application on February 6; did you get an e-mail from them on the 17th?

Also, is your visa number current in February or March?

Thank you,

Amine

no i did't get a e-mail forum them.I just got a mail,nothing else.Actually I got confused also because visa bulletin says my number should be current at fabruary HOWEVER we already passed the fabruary ..I don't know what's next or what's wrong but I don't have any other chance I have to wait..

thanks

I did not get a letter/email from KCC after I sent my DSP122. I called them though and they said they had received it. I also sent the $440 fee. Have all the applicants here received such a letter? I thought the letter is not a big deal, but now that I read they require it for the interview I started to worry. Can someone give me some answers?

THanks

Did you give them your e-mail? It's not on the form but I put my e-mail on the cover letter.
In my case USCIS is specifically asking to bring the original letter to the interview, or when I called KCC I was told that if I'm doing AOS filling DSP 122 is optional. Go figure.

Congratulations for getting ur interview letter.

By award letter, they mean the notification that u get when u enter your confirmation number and it starts with something like "You Have been selected ..." or "You are one of the selectees...". Once printed in color, it bears the blue letterhead and everything. I sent mine with AOS package and took another color copy to he interview; as well as he second email after sending the DSP122 forms and money.
No one in DV2012 got an original letter by mail...we all checked our status on line then got the AOS letter. So they wouldn't expect u to have what doesn't exist. Just take the official award letter from the dv site and the other PDF attached to email and you should be fine.

Thanks makeiteasier. Initially I thought they are asking about the award - notification letter dated July 15 (which I sent a copy of with my AOS package) but there is a sample attached to the interview letter that is EXACTLY the same format and text as the one I received by e-mail from KCC after sending DSP122.

quick question about I485

hello and thank you for your answers on my fishing issue:)

I have another quick question :
I'm on a J1 visa now which expires on 08-15-12
When it was first issued in 2005, its expiration date was 05-12-11 and before that date arrived I extended my J1 DS2019 form at my international student office. So my visa page is already expired but I have a valid DS2019 form.
Question 1: now on I485 Part 1, answer to last question "Expires on" will be my DS2019 expiration date, am I right?

Question 2: on Part 3, what is the answer to nonimmigrant visa number? I now this is the red color number on our visa stamp, but mine is expired. do I still write this? or what?

Once Again, I really apprecite everybodys help on input on this forum.

Gkds52

Reply to question

That is correct... the answer to "Expires on" should be the expiration date on your DS2019.

With regards to your nonimmigrant visa number, look up the number in red and mention it even if your visa is has already expired (as long as your DS2019 is valid, do not worry).

hello and thank you for your answers on my fishing issue:)

I have another quick question :
I'm on a J1 visa now which expires on 08-15-12
When it was first issued in 2005, its expiration date was 05-12-11 and before that date arrived I extended my J1 DS2019 form at my international student office. So my visa page is already expired but I have a valid DS2019 form.
Question 1: now on I485 Part 1, answer to last question "Expires on" will be my DS2019 expiration date, am I right?

Question 2: on Part 3, what is the answer to nonimmigrant visa number? I now this is the red color number on our visa stamp, but mine is expired. do I still write this? or what?

Once Again, I really apprecite everybodys help on input on this forum.

Gkds52

Letter from KCC

hi Folks
I see many of you guys who have received their interview letters have been asked to bring a KCC letter (email) ( DSP-122). We haven't received any letter from them. We called them and they confirmed over the phone the reception of the DSP-122 but no email or letter. we only have the payment receipt .

were we supposed to receive anything.? and if yes what are we supposed to do ?

thank you all

Did you give them your e-mail? It's not on the form but I put my e-mail on the cover letter.
In my case USCIS is specifically asking to bring the original letter to the interview, or when I called KCC I was told that if I'm doing AOS filling DSP 122 is optional. Go figure.

No, I did not give them my email nor did I write a cover letter.
So, rgm_rc I'm still confused. You said "In my case USCIS is specifically asking to bring the original letter to the interview,". By original letter you mean:
1) The letter all selectees received when they went online and checked if they won the DV Lottery, or
2) The letter you got back from KCC (via email in your case) after you sent the DSP122?

Is the content of these 2 letters the same? I'm just curious now.

Me 2

So, rgm_rc I'm still confused. You said "In my case USCIS is specifically asking to bring the original letter to the interview,". By original letter you mean:
1) The letter all selectees received when they went online and checked if they won the DV Lottery, or
2) The letter you got back from KCC (via email in your case) after you sent the DSP122?

I also got a little lost regarding rgm_rc. Am still lost coz if they are not asking for the letter all selectees got by checking the status on line (and this is the only one with letterhead) and its not the PDF attachment received acknowledging the intent to change status...then am lost.
May be the person wh scheduled ur interview used an old document request form while scheduling you and asked what they needed Last year when they Needed these.

I had both of these documents with me for my interview but no one asked for them.

The two letters are not the same:
USCIS is asking for letter #2 and again, there is a sample letter attached to my interview letter that is the same format and text as letter #2 that I got from KCC after sending my DSP122.

makeiteasier

I also got a little lost regarding rgm_rc. Am still lost coz if they are not asking for the letter all selectees got by checking the status on line (and this is the only one with letterhead) and its not the PDF attachment received acknowledging the intent to change status...then am lost.
May be the person wh scheduled ur interview used an old document request form while scheduling you and asked what they needed Last year when they Needed these.

I had both of these documents with me for my interview but no one asked for them

If the sample letter had not been attached then I would have been sure they are asking for the initial notification letter. The attached sample has a date on it Aug 2010 (name has been grayed out), so yes it is an old(er) sample. I can scan it but I don't know if I can post it here.
I sent an e-mail to KCC explaining the situation and I'll wait a couple of days for their answer. When I called them in the past I was pleased with their service but I want this in writing. If I don't get an answer from them I'll call.
I will definitely bring letter #1 to the interview.

CN: 2012EU00013xxx - current in Jan 2012
DSP122 to KCC - Nov 2011
AOS fee to DOS - Nov - Dec 2011
AOS package to Chicago lockbox - Dec 27, 2011
AOS accepted by USCIS - Jan 04, 2012
Bio - Feb 08, 2012
Interview - March 26, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
case update

My online status has been changing almost everyday after my interview. It started with CPO to Decision and then Acceptance. Yesterday, I received two text messages and emails. It moved from Acceptance back to Decision and then back to CPO. The CPO this time was different from the first one. It states that the USPS will deliver our GCs and we should expect it in less than seven days from now. I haven't got the welcome letter yet. I am hopeful I will get them this week. Good luck once again to you all. Thanks.

Green :)

My online status has been changing almost everyday after my interview. It started with CPO to Decision and then Acceptance. Yesterday, I received two text messages and emails. It moved from Acceptance back to Decision and then back to CPO. The CPO this time was different from the first one. It states that the USPS will deliver our GCs and we should expect it in less than seven days from now. I haven't got the welcome letter yet. I am hopeful I will get them this week. Good luck once again to you all. Thanks.

Wow! This is so good! Am happy 4u but also lol Am totally green with envy n almost crying from jealousy :eek::p But of course happy for u coz the more people who are cleared, the more time there is for those with higher numbers. So ur just about to see ur name on a green green card!

I realized this morning that it's not even two weeks since my interview n it feels like 6 months.

2nd NL from KCC

hi Folks
I see many of you guys who have received their interview letters have been asked to bring a KCC letter (email) ( DSP-122). We haven't received any letter from them. We called them and they confirmed over the phone the reception of the DSP-122 but no email or letter. we only have the payment receipt .

were we supposed to receive anything.? and if yes what are we supposed to do ?

thank you all

Don't worry about the 2nd NL from KCC. I had mine but never included it with my application. I was never asked at the interview. What they will look at will be the RECEIPT stamped from DOS showing that you paid the DV fee. Your KCC file that will be sent will contain the every documents you forwarded to KCC including that letter. It is up to you if you want to send it or not. They will definitely reply you via email. Good luck.

You'll be fine.

Wow! This is so good! Am happy 4u but also lol Am totally green with envy n almost crying from jealousy :eek::p But of course happy for u coz the more people who are cleared, the more time there is for those with higher numbers. So ur just about to see ur name on a green green card!

I realized this morning that it's not even two weeks since my interview n it feels like 6 months.
You'll be fine. I am praying for you and I know as I said earlier you'll be perfectly fine. Time will zoom by so fast. Hang in there. I know how hard it is to wait for something so dare. You have already proven turf to have won twice in the same year and having gone through a turf interview. That's a blessing and more are on the way.

part 3 of I 485 for H1B

Hello again friends, and Amine thanks for your answer.
now my question is this:
part 3 of I 485 is asking nonimmigrant visa number, and consulate . my husband transferred his J2 to H1B and got his H1B approval in 2011 while in USA. he only has the I 94 card from his approval notice. so the answer for the nonimmigrant visa number will "N/A", am I right?
how about the consulate ? what do we write here?

also, one more thing, about the alien number, my husband currently doesnt have an A number. when he used to hold J2 visa, he also used to have a EAD card and at that time he got an A number, but now since he is on H1B, he doesnt have any. so do we leave A number part (for him) empty or do we write his old A number? but his old A number was associated when he had J2 visa and J2 EAD. I m confused, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Folks,

Thanks
I want to believe the IL that was sent to you is most probably the same IL that had been used by previous year's DV winners. Ours began with the case status check whereby you can print the letter having the DOS letter head. You will be fine with the letter that you print out through status check. Now, know that you DV file that is sent to the FO has all the documents showing that you entered the DV and won. That is what the IO will look for before your case can be approved. You shouldn't worry about the letter. I was never asked at the interview although I had it with me. Good luck.

Visa #

Hello again friends, and Amine thanks for your answer.
now my question is this:
part 3 of I 485 is asking nonimmigrant visa number, and consulate . my husband transferred his J2 to H1B and got his H1B approval in 2011 while in USA. he only has the I 94 card from his approval notice. so the answer for the nonimmigrant visa number will "N/A", am I right?
how about the consulate ? what do we write here?

also, one more thing, about the alien number, my husband currently doesnt have an A number. when he used to hold J2 visa, he also used to have a EAD card and at that time he got an A number, but now since he is on H1B, he doesnt have any. so do we leave A number part (for him) empty or do we write his old A number? but his old A number was associated when he had J2 visa and J2 EAD. I m confused, any help is greatly appreciated.

Even though his Current Status is H1B; you should give the visa number from his J2 visa.
About the A #; I also have an old A number from my OPT EAD but it is already expired and am not planning to use it in the form.
Experts can you please illuminate us ;)
Thanks

visa number and A number

Hi singhaikola
could you please explain why I should write the old visa number (J2) even though my husband is H1B now? is it because that part 3 questions are referring back to the time of his last entry, and he had that visa at that time? or else?
thanks!
about the A number, he got 2 EAD cards previously, and he got the same number on them. will there be any easiness on his case if I write that A number, considering they have a file under that A number, or will it be any useful to use that old A number, or does it matter at all?
thanks!