• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

J visa waiver

Friends, I have one more question:
I m a J visa holder, I already obtained my waiver for 2 years HRR in april 2011.
Part 3 question 11: have you ever been a J nonimmigrant exchange visitor who was subject to 2 year foreign residence requirement and have not yet complied with that requirement or obtained a waiver?

do I say No to this and attach a copy of my waiver, since I got my waiver. or do I say yes and attach a copy of my waiver?

thanks again!

Hi singhaikola
could you please explain why I should write the old visa number (J2) even though my husband is H1B now? is it because that part 3 questions are referring back to the time of his last entry, and he had that visa at that time? or else?
thanks!
about the A number, he got 2 EAD cards previously, and he got the same number on them. will there be any easiness on his case if I write that A number, considering they have a file under that A number, or will it be any useful to use that old A number, or does it matter at all?
thanks!

I would say your visa number is the number printed in red on the last visa you used to enter the US in your case J1. The A # will be the same number from your EADs. That would be the same even after you get your GC. I came to the US as a student on F1 and went home once on vacation. Graduated and had OPT and worked with EAD. Went back for my Master program . Completed program and changed to H1B. My H1B was renewed twice. On my I 485 my visa number was the number on my last visa I used to enter US and my A # is still what I had on my EAD I used during my OPT. Note that the A# is what is used to create a File once your I 485 is sent to lockbox. The system will search for your A# if you do not assign it. They will either create if you never had one or assign the one one that is on file. I hope this helps.

Visa#

singhaikola: you're absolutely right.

Even though his Current Status is H1B; you should give the visa number from his J2 visa.
About the A #; I also have an old A number from my OPT EAD but it is already expired and am not planning to use it in the form.
Experts can you please illuminate us ;)
Thanks

Successful Walk-in Biometrics

Hello Guys!

I just had my biometrics done (picture, 10 fingerprints and signature). I was supposed to do them March 22nd but I decided to drop by the local ASC and do them today. A few hints for walk-ins:

-Try to do it just before they close: I arrived at the office at 3:40 pm (they close at 4) and the place was EMPTY. There where only 2 employees at the counter. One of them asked me what could he help me with. Once I mentioned biometrics he looked at the appointment notice and at my EAD card (from OPT). He was EXTREMELY nice throughout the process. He asked me for my passport (which has my full name on it) and asked me to take a seat and fill out a short form with my name, DOB, weight, etc.

-Try to relax. The second officer (a very nice young lady) took my actual fingerprints and had to redo the ones on my right hand twice. Apparently I was leaning to hard into the machine.

- Smile and be polite. I actually made a joke about how special I felt because I was the only client there at that time and both officers laughed out loud. They acted very professionally and politely throughout the whole process.

According to my attorney I should get an interview letter in 4-6 weeks depending on the FO schedule.

Good Luck to All!,

Strictly_Analog

Hello Guys!

I just had my biometrics done (picture, 10 fingerprints and signature). I was supposed to do them March 22nd but I decided to drop by the local ASC and do them today. A few hints for walk-ins:

-Try to do it just before they close: I arrived at the office at 3:40 pm (they close at 4) and the place was EMPTY. There where only 2 employees at the counter. One of them asked me what could he help me with. Once I mentioned biometrics he looked at the appointment notice and at my EAD card (from OPT). He was EXTREMELY nice throughout the process. He asked me for my passport (which has my full name on it) and asked me to take a seat and fill out a short form with my name, DOB, weight, etc.

-Try to relax. The second officer (a very nice young lady) took my actual fingerprints and had to redo the ones on my right hand twice. Apparently I was leaning to hard into the machine.

- Smile and be polite. I actually made a joke about how special I felt because I was the only client there at that time and both officers laughed out loud. They acted very professionally and politely throughout the whole process.

According to my attorney I should get an interview letter in 4-6 weeks depending on the FO schedule.

Good Luck to All!,

Strictly_Analog

Hmm, interesting. Going to the bio before the official appointment. Has anyone else done this? Will your green card interview be moved earlier? (If your DV# is current of course)

Last edited by a moderator:
Walk-in Bio

Hmm, interesting. Going to the bio before the official appointment. Has anyone else done this? Will your green card interview be moved earlier? (If your DV# is current of course)

I don't "know" that it will speed things up, but since interviews are scheduled in the order that applications are received I would not be surprised if I was given an April interview. I am keeping my fingers crossed! :)

All the best,

Yes

Yes, I've done this once in the past in 2010 and it's not a biggie. I went in the morning and the place was packed but I told them that I had another appointment at the scheduled time and they allowed me in and took my Fp. Not sure though if that speeds up the process.

STAPLE vs PAPER CLIP or ....

It's just something trivial which I have not been able to decide.
For Forms like I-486 which has like 5-6 pages what do you guys suggest: Should I use small staple or paper clip OR is there any other Better way to do it?

G-325A: File Number A and Alien Registration Number

Hi, In form g-325a, does the file number in the first row that starts with "A" is the same as alien Registration number?

Hi everyone, I have a question about I-134 (affidavit support). My supporter is holding H1 visa, he is not residence nor citizen, is that problem?

Vigilantibus non dormientibus aequitas subvenit

It's just something trivial which I have not been able to decide.
For Forms like I-486 which has like 5-6 pages what do you guys suggest: Should I use small staple or paper clip OR is there any other Better way to do it?

I have always told myself through this process - Vigilantibus non dormientibus aequitas subvenit (Equity aids the vigilant, not the indolent) but I dont think I was as vigilant to actually think of staples and paper clips. This is REAL vigilance and natural justice rewards that!

I used the clear plastic cover slide bind covers then marked with tabs as this one from the G1** (for email/text), then I-485, then each document marked with a labeled tab.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/595846/GBC-Slide-N-Bind-Viewtab-Report/

or

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/371004460/clear_pp_slide_binder.html

and sent it. When they returned/rejected the package, they had stamped the sides of each page and they were in a ziplock bag with my envelop (UPS) that I had used to send and everything else in there. They were still nicely sorted so I tool another slide bind with plastic covers and repackaged them with what was required and that was it.

The check was in an envelop that ended at the end of the other papers - so also had a marked tab (Check $****) Pictures were in envelops also positioned to the binder slide and edge of the paper so I could label.

I checked that package like 20 times before sending the second time especially coz the first time it was something as stupid as a signature!

Paper Clip to Gooo.... with labeled folder

I have always told myself through this process - Vigilantibus non dormientibus aequitas subvenit (Equity aids the vigilant, not the indolent) but I dont think I was as vigilant to actually think of staples and paper clips. This is REAL vigilance and natural justice rewards that!

Thanks makeiteasier and rgm_rc. I will try to arrange it using clip and labeled folder. Let's C how it works :)

This is great!

Just received the welcome letter today. I hope to get the GC anytime now.

Things are progressing pretty well for you...may be all those back and forth lud's were the printings of the letter, card etc. Enjoy every moment! By next week a day like today, your processing might be history :)

Infopass Experience today

I called KCC yesterday PM to find out if my file had been transferred to FO, and this nice lady told me that it had not been transfered and instructed me to contact the FO and ask them to request for it again. She told me to tell them that I was ready for an interview but I confirmed with her that I had already done the interview. I also confirmed that the file had been requested 1-2 times and the first time only an empty folder was sent. The second time, I only know coz FO told me that they would request again.
She insisted that I contact FO and ask for it a 3rd time...and informed me that I would be current in May. She told me to let them know that I would be current in May and need the file requested again...she kept repeating these facts...and so am I LOL!

Today in the morning I made an infopass and I just came from there. They were so good...the IO I was transferred to see after my number was called sent an email to KCC while I was right there, and made a copy of it; asking them to transfer the file to her attention. Then she said that once she had the file, she would send it to the IO in charge of my case and call me to let me know that she has done so. She told me that they usually will not take long so shortly, I would get her call.

Attn: itmatters2012

...My son oversees was included in my DV application and I hear it takes up to seven months for my FO to approve I824. I don't know if it can be prioritized since it is a DV case. I am still to find out during my interview...

How is it going with your son's application overseas?

not too late

Hi guys
I am Dv 2012 winner and i did not do anything so far. Am I late?

you are not too late .. the visa bulletin sates that the current number for march is 35,800 and if am correct your number 62XXX.
so you have plenty of time to send your dsp-122 to the kcc and the fees to DOS. you also need to get your medicals.

last year they got to 71,800 in agust so i would say go for it.

good luck

100% Agreed

you are not too late .. the visa bulletin sates that the current number for march is 35,800 and if am correct your number 62XXX.
so you have plenty of time to send your dsp-122 to the kcc and the fees to DOS. you also need to get your medicals.

last year they got to 71,800 in agust so i would say go for it.

good luck
Yes, u still have time...take care of the KCC part first and then start getting ready for the visa or aos part by getting the medicala, police clearance (if you are doing cp) etc so that when ur number shows up may be in July or August, u will be all ready. Best wishes.