• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Of course you have time!

Definitely you have time. File your DSP-122 with KCC (Bar code letter, 2 photos and form) and take it from there. Read the whole thread and our signatures so you familiarize yourself with the process.

Good Luck!

Hi guys
I am Dv 2012 winner and i did not do anything so far. Am I late?

Guys, how long does it usually take to hear back from Chicago when you send them 485?
I sent it on 02/28 - still no response - is it normal?

GC received

Makeiteasier, thanks for asking about my son. I called KCC yesterday and was told to call the embassy and set up an interview date. KCC will transfer documents as soon as the embassy request for them. I'll keep you all in touch to let you know how things workout for him. I received the green card :D today. It is actually green indeed.The Lord is good all the time. It was quite a journey. Thank you all for the support and a special thank you to Makeiteasier for the assurances. I wish you all the best in this journey. You all will make it in Jesus Name. Amen.

Stick around

Makeiteasier, thanks for asking about my son. I called KCC yesterday and was told to call the embassy and set up an interview date. KCC will transfer documents as soon as the embassy request for them. I'll keep you all in touch to let you know how things workout for him. I received the green card :D today. It is actually green indeed.The Lord is good all the time. It was quite a journey. Thank you all for the support and a special thank you to Makeiteasier for the assurances. I wish you all the best in this journey. You all will make it in Jesus Name. Amen.

Hope these are not some sort of goodbyes coz we need u to stick around if u can, otherwise Enjoy the green! God will grant all of us victory just as he did to you in Jesus Matchless Name.

Rejection notice!

I just received the whole package I sent last week back..
im not really clear on why it got rejected:

this office is unable to accept and process the form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status, that you submitted because your application was received either prior to the beginning or subsequent to the end of of the fiscal year for which you were eligible to apply. your application is is only valid if received during the fiscal year for which you were selected in the dv lottery.

can someone please tell me what they mean ?

Note that the notification Letter I sent from the (entrant status website) is dated May 1st even though my wife was selected on July 15. but when we check the status now it says July 15.
could this be the problem.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
july notification

this office is unable to accept and process the form I-485, application to register permanent residence or adjust status, that you submitted because your application was received either prior to the beginning or subsequent to the end of of the fiscal year for which you were eligible to apply. your application is is only valid if received during the fiscal year for which you were selected in the dv lottery.

Note that the notification Letter I sent from the (entrant status website) is dated May 1st even though my wife was selected on July 15. but when we check the status now it says July 15.

thanks

Sorry to hear your docs were sent back. The May 1st NLs were nullified and that is the reason why your docs were sent back. If you can check the entrant status and your NL says July 15th, then that should be the one you should use. Make sure you can see your DV # on the Visa Bulletin before sending your docs to Chicago LkBX. Good luck.

RE: Rejection Notice

Now this makes a lot of sense... aosF1: please make sure you print out the July 15 notice and attach it with your application. You can resend the whole thing on Monday.

thanks

Rejection notice!

Thank you guys for your replies.
Before I send my application again. here is the complete rejection letter they sent.

Dear Sir/Madam

This office is unable to accept and process the form I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, that you submitted because your application was received either prior to the beginning, or subsequent to the end of fiscal year for which you were eligible to apply.
Your application is only valid if received during the fiscal year for which you were selected in the DV lottery. As such, all submitted application materials are being returned to you with this notice.
You have filed before the beginning of the Fiscal year of your Case Number. You have filed after the end of the fiscal year of your Case number. You have filed before the block of your case Numbers authorized. Continue to watch the diversity web-site.
You must include copy of the visa center Congratulatory letter with your submission. You have submitted a notice that is not authorized by the Department Of State (DOS). For clarification please contact DOS at https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/

Persons selected in the DV lottery are entitled to apply for visa issuance only during fiscal year (October to September) for which they were selected. These dates are identified on the DV congratulatory letter sent to recipients. Applicants must obtain the DV Immigration Visa or adjustment of status by the end of the Fiscal Year(i.e. September 30). There is no carry-over of DV benefits into the following fiscal year for persons who are selected but who do not obtain visas during the fiscal year for which they were selected.
Also spouses and children who derive status from a DV registration can only obtain visas in the DV category within the fiscal year the DV registrant was selected.
Applicants who apply overseas will receive appointment letter from Kentucky Consular Center four to six weeks before scheduled appointment.
(The dates on your letter from the Kentucky Consular Center may not be correct. Please contact them for verification)

If you have additional questions, you may call 1-800-375-5283"

I just wanted to share this because they stated many reasons why the application was rejected.
Note that on both letters ( the one that was dated May 1st and July 15), it says that my wife was selected for further processing in th DV program for the 2012 fiscal year.
they keep mentioning the congratulatory letter ( when we check the status online, there is no congratulatory words. All it says is " you are among who have been selected for further....."
If the problem was the letter and i send it back, do i have to send it back to the PO box ( that's where i sent it the first time) or can i resend it to the expedited address.?

Thank you all again.
god bless

The dates matter coz of the computer glitch with May 1 letters.

(The dates on your letter from the Kentucky Consular Center may not be correct. Please contact them for verification)[/B
Thank you all again.
god bless

I think the most relevant part of this letter is this line. I have a letter dated May 1 but obviously sent the one dated July 15th letter. I am assuming that u r number is showing up on the bulletin but even if it is not, they would at times accept (they accepted mine in October though am yet to see my number on bulletin ... Did my bio, interview n now waiting for my number) so at times they would accept before.

I think the most relevant part of this letter is this line

I think the most relevant part of this letter is this line. I have a letter dated May 1 but obviously sent the one dated July 15th letter. I am assuming that u r number is showing up on the bulletin but even if it is not, they would at times accept (they accepted mine in October though am yet to see my number on bulletin ... Did my bio, interview n now waiting for my number) so at times they would accept before.

Thanks for your your reply makeiteasier !
so you think also that the letter is the problem ?
our number is current.
So should I resubmit with the letter that says July 15?

Yap IMO

Thanks for your your reply makeiteasier !
so you think also that the letter is the problem ?
our number is current.
So should I resubmit with the letter that says July 15?

It appears that everything else on you application was fine...but to avoid confusion, they avoided using the May 1 notification. When I checked on July 15 I saw that I had been selected again with a different number but the date bothered me. Two days later the date was updated to July 15. I didn't think that the first time selectees also got the wrongly dated letter.

I truly wish u a smooth journey going forward till ur greened.

thank you

It appears that everything else on you application was fine...but to avoid confusion, they avoided using the May 1 notification. When I checked on July 15 I saw that I had been selected again with a different number but the date bothered me. Two days later the date was updated to July 15. I didn't think that the first time selectees also got the wrongly dated letter.

I truly wish u a smooth journey going forward till ur greened.

thank you again !
I just have two additional questions.
When I first sent my application, I sent it to the POBOX. do you think I can resubmit to the expedited address, or it has to be to the first place I sent it to?.
when i sent the DSP-122. I also sent the letter dated may 1st. do you think that can cause an issue with the case?

thank you so much

regards

Kcc

thank you again !
I just have two additional questions.
When I first sent my application, I sent it to the POBOX. do you think I can resubmit to the expedited address, or it has to be to the first place I sent it to?.
when i sent the DSP-122. I also sent the letter dated may 1st. do you think that can cause an issue with the case?

thank you so much

regards

You don't have to send to wherever you sent first. South Dearborn would suffice.

KCC have the correct information. Call them up and ask them if they need the July 15 letter since you noticed that the date of winning notification changed. They are likely to answer you immediately or ask you to call back later if they do not have an answer. However I do not see why they would want the July letter when they create these letters.

I am really confused

my case # is AS2012036XXX
when should i send my AOS package??
should I wait till April even though I see my # in the advance part of the Visa Bulletin.

Filing

should I wait till April even though I see my # in the advance part of the Visa Bulletin.
Most people advise that you wait till April (the month you are current) but I did not, and I got lucky not to have been rejected, it wouldnt have bothered me if I was rejected at that time, I would just have resent. Some people were rejected. I would go ahead, but that is ME.

I wish you the best with whichever option you take.

Wait until April

Hello,

I would wait until April. Save yourself from the frustration and aggravation of receiving a "rejected" message from USCIS. It is better to be on the safe side. It won't hurt you, but there is a possibility that they reject it as well as there is a possibility that they accept it. Good Luck!

Early filing

If you can see your visa # on the visa bulletin, then it is alright to file early. According to this memorandum http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm published in 1999, you have 90 days to file preceding the cut-off number on the visa bulletin. The visa bulletin is published each month usually 50 days in advance to the cut-off number. I was current in November but filed in October with this letter printed and attached with my I-485 petition and my docs were not rejected. You could do the same. Now, it is up to you to decide if you want to wait and file in April or earlier than that. Good luck.

1999 Memorandum

Hello itmatters2012,

I actually thought the same. I filed early and I attached a copy of the memorandum and of the VB with my number highlighted and I was rejected once because of it. The reason given in the M-180 was "filing to early". It wasn't until January (when my number became current) that my application was accepted for adjudication.

Again, it depends on which IO reviews your file for the first time. A memo from 1999 does seem a little outdated. So I personally wouldn't recommend to filing early. Again it is up to each person though. Good Luck.

If you can see your visa # on the visa bulletin, then it is alright to file. According to this memorandum http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm, published in 1999, you have 90 days to file preceding the cut-off number on the visa bulletin. The visa bulletin is published each month usually 50 days in advance to the cut-off number. I was current in November but filed in October with this letter printed and attached with my I-485 petition and my docs were not rejected. You could do the same. Now, it is up to you to decide if you want to wait and file in April or earlier than that. Good luck.

Bottom line...IO

If you can see your visa # on the visa bulletin, then it is alright to file early. According to this memorandum http://www.vkblaw.com/news/six.htm published in 1999, you have 90 days to file preceding the cut-off number on the visa bulletin. The visa bulletin is published each month usually 50 days in advance to the cut-off number. I was current in November but filed in October with this letter printed and attached with my I-485 petition and my docs were not rejected. You could do the same. Now, it is up to you to decide if you want to wait and file in April or earlier than that. Good luck.

Hello itmatters2012,

I actually thought the same. I filed early and I attached a copy of the memorandum and of the VB with my number highlighted and I was rejected once because of it. The reason given in the M-180 was "filing to early". It wasn't until January (when my number became current) that my application was accepted for adjudication.

Again, it depends on which IO reviews your file for the first time. A memo from 1999 does seem a little outdated. So I personally wouldn't recommend to filing early. Again it is up to each person though. Good Luck.

It all depends on the mail room service person who receives your paperwork. Some will accept and you will get the Acceptance emails as they send it to the IO for processing, and some will not. If you get the person who received mine (I filed in October and my number just got published for May), and all the people who have touched mine along the way and have not rejected it, you will be fine. Strictly Analog however was rejected I believe once or twice which wasn't right actually but as I said, depends on who receives your paperwork.

Best wishes.

Work Permit (EAD) - Indispensable?

Hi Guys,

I am currently working as H1B and hope to continue at least till the end of year and I have no intention to apply for other work till I get my green card which I hope to be in 4-6 months.

My question is:
Do i need to apply for work permit and have EAD to work even after I get the physical green card? OR having the GreenCard is Proof enough to be able to work legally in US?