• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

I-20s?

I sent them these forms and they accepted them..

1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $1,070: filing fee for I-485($985) and Biometrics($85)
3.Two identical color photographs (2”x 2”)
4.Form I-693, Medical report in sealed envelope
5.Form I-485, filled and duly signed.
6.Form G-325A
IDs
7.Copy of birth certificate.
8.Copy of marriage certificate
9.Copy of government-issued identifications : Driver’s license and SSN
Passport/Visa
10.Copy of Passport with a photo
11.I-94 Arrival/Departure record
12.Copy of passport pages with L1 and F1 visas
13.Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
14.Copy of 1st Notification letter
15.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
16.Copy of DOS fee receipt.
Academic

18.Copy of Bachelor Degree Certificate
19.Copy of Bachelor Degree Transcript

Financial

I-131

So, did you not send your I-20s?
I am currently in H1B changed from previous F1; I have never been back home so I don't have h1b stamped in my passport.
So, my question is: Do I need NOT send all my I-20s to show that I was on status all the time or including the I-797 from H1b Approval notice is good enough to show that I was in status all the time and that's why I got H1b approved?
because someone told me unless you have h1 stamped on passport it is good to send I-20s.

So, did you not send your I-20s?
I am currently in H1B changed from previous F1; I have never been back home so I don't have h1b stamped in my passport.
So, my question is: Do I need NOT send all my I-20s to show that I was on status all the time or including the I-797 from H1b Approval notice is good enough to show that I was in status all the time and that's why I got H1b approved?
because someone told me unless you have h1 stamped on passport it is good to send I-20s.

Actually, I am holding J2 visa and I did not send them copy of my DS-2019 form which is equivalent of I-20..Instead of that I sent them copy of my old visas. I guess they can check that I have been in status all the time..

Folks, (who are already far in the process) what should the online status say when your application gets accepted (before biometrics)?
Mine was accepted on March, 9 and it still says "Acceptance" for 495 without moving to the "Initial Review". For EAD and Advance Parole it's "Initial Review".
I keep waiting for my biometrics appointment, but nothing so far. Is it normal? Should I give them a call?

Interview

Hi folks,

I had my interview yesterday. I was there for no more than 20 min. The officer, a very nice lady, went through the file, asked a few questions here and there. Most of them were yes/no answers. Checked the passports and ID's. The same thing for my wife and son. At the end she said that everything looked good and she'll study the file. If there will be any additional documents needed she will contact me. She also said that she'll send the approval letters and the the cards should follow. I was a little disappointed that she didn't say that I was approved right away. When I got home I checked the status online and it was still under initial review. Latter in the afternoon I checked again and the status was card production. To my surprise the officer called me this morning and told me that she approved my case. I'll keep my eyes on the mail now.
Good luck to everybody else.

Folks, (who are already far in the process) what should the online status say when your application gets accepted (before biometrics)?
Mine was accepted on March, 9 and it still says "Acceptance" for 495 without moving to the "Initial Review". For EAD and Advance Parole it's "Initial Review".
I keep waiting for my biometrics appointment, but nothing so far. Is it normal? Should I give them a call?

It'll show "Initial review" until after the interview. I think your biometrics letter should show up any day now. I got mine approx 3 weeks after my AOS package was received.

Edit: I got my bio appointment letters approx 2 weeks after the AOS package was accepted. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll show "Initial review" until after the interview. I think your biometrics letter should show up any day now. I got mine approx 3 weeks after my AOS package was received.
OK, that's relieving. Hopefully I'll get mine this week. Congrats on your green card!

about A number

just sharing what I've found about A number (maybe this may have been written before.... )

when I looked at my husbands H1B approval notice, I saw his previous A number - starts with one (he used for his J2 EAD) was written right above the beneficiary box (where his name is written). even though this number is expired now, we are writing it in I 485 and all other forms for him....

I had a change of status from F1 to J1 in 2006 and yesterday when I was looking at my approval notice I realized that I was also given an A number which starts with a zero. I think if you ever happen to deal with anykind of USCIS related work, then you are assigned one of these A numbers, (maybe I'm wrong ?)

anyways, we decided to use my husbands A number on his forms, and nothing for me because it's been really a long time since I was assigned an A number.

just wanted to share these.

good luck everyone for upcoming interviews.

just sharing what I've found about A number (maybe this may have been written before.... )

when I looked at my husbands H1B approval notice, I saw his previous A number - starts with one (he used for his J2 EAD) was written right above the beneficiary box (where his name is written). even though this number is expired now, we are writing it in I 485 and all other forms for him....

I had a change of status from F1 to J1 in 2006 and yesterday when I was looking at my approval notice I realized that I was also given an A number which starts with a zero. I think if you ever happen to deal with anykind of USCIS related work, then you are assigned one of these A numbers, (maybe I'm wrong ?)

anyways, we decided to use my husbands A number on his forms, and nothing for me because it's been really a long time since I was assigned an A number.

just wanted to share these.

good luck everyone for upcoming interviews.

he might not have an A number..

immigration.about.com/od/glossary/g/ANumber.htm

AOS sent - Time for Anxious Wait Game :)

Sent my AOS Package:
Just some of the things that I did after going through a lot of forum reads and goggling :)

- Used the A number from my F1 - OPT EAD in I-485 and G-325A
- Included all my I-20s even though my current status is H1B

I am hoping this works :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see that Pakistan is not included in 2012 nor 2013. It has not been since 2002. Will it ever be included?

Processing at NBC

Hi,

Today I received a receipt notification of my AOS application.
Is it normal for the file to be sent to NBC at this stage. This is what it says exactly:

Acceptance

On April 3, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a
notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions
on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER
location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the
office needs something from you.................

Nbc

Yes, that is very normal. Do not worry about it.

Hi,

Today I received a receipt notification of my AOS application.
Is it normal for the file to be sent to NBC at this stage. This is what it says exactly:

Acceptance

On April 3, 2012, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a
notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions
on this notice. Your case is being processed at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER
location. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the
office needs something from you.................