• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Hi Singhaikola,

1. You need to submit all I-20s if you don't have new I-94. Let's say if got new i-20 recently while in H1B then you don't need to; documents since your last I-94.
2. You don't need for AOS.

Congrats to all of you who have successfully completed the DV journey.

I am doing AOS; Previously F1 and currently H1B.

1. Do I need to send all my I-20s?
2. Do i need to get Police Certificate for AOS?

Thanks

----------------------------
CN: 2012AS00032XXX
08/05/2011: DSP-122 & DS-230 sent to KCC
08/25/2011: Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
02/08/2012: DV fee sent with self-addressed envelope
02/17/2012: DV fee receipt by mail
02/08/2012: Medical done
Current in April '12
Waiting for March-31 to send my AOS Package

Hi Singhaikola,

1. You need to submit all I-20s if you don't have new I-94. Let's say if got new i-20 recently while in H1B then you don't need to; documents since your last I-94.
2. You don't need for AOS.

Thanks,

I do have my old I-94 coz i haven't been out of country and yes i do have my new I-94 from H1B approval notice; where it says to staple together with old i-94 if available. So, i guess it won't hurt to include I-20s, it's just that I have lot of them.

Here is what I sent

Thanks,

I do have my old I-94 coz i haven't been out of country and yes i do have my new I-94 from H1B approval notice; where it says to staple together with old i-94 if available. So, i guess it won't hurt to include I-20s, it's just that I have lot of them.

Same situation as yours,
click on the link below to see what I sent. I didn't send any of my I 20s.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?323596-DV-2012-AOS-Only/page10&p=2557506#post2557506

Best of luck.

What I did

Congrats to all of you who have successfully completed the DV journey.

I am doing AOS; Previously F1 and currently H1B.

1. Do I need to send all my I-20s?
2. Do i need to get Police Certificate for AOS?

Thanks

----------------------------
CN: 2012AS00032XXX
08/05/2011: DSP-122 & DS-230 sent to KCC
08/25/2011: Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
02/08/2012: DV fee sent with self-addressed envelope
02/17/2012: DV fee receipt by mail
02/08/2012: Medical done
Current in April '12
Waiting for March-31 to send my AOS Package

I did not SEND any I-20's but IO asked to see during my interview...mine were many. I sent the I-94 copy that was reissued when I changed status (but its the same number as the one I received on entry). IO took it during my interview.

Police clearance: I did not do anything with police...but do not have anything to clear. For someone who has had an 'incident' with police, they need the disposition or something tangible at interview...

Thanks

I did not SEND any I-20's but IO asked to see during my interview...mine were many. I sent the I-94 copy that was reissued when I changed status (but its the same number as the one I received on entry). IO took it during my interview.

Police clearance: I did not do anything with police...but do not have anything to clear. For someone who has had an 'incident' with police, they need the disposition or something tangible at interview...

Cool. So, I will take I-20s only on Interview, just in case. So, with no unlawful incident, Police Certificate is not required for AOS, that will save me some time :)

Question about mail delivery

Dear all,

I sent my package to the USCIS Lockbox in Chicago but used the Express Mail and Courier Deliveries mail address, not the USPS (P.O. Box) one. I used the USPS Express Mail and it shows that it was delivered.

Has anyone sent their package to the "131 South Dearborn" address like I did and got their application processed?

Many thanks,

Amine

Dear all,

I sent my package to the USCIS Lockbox in Chicago but used the Express Mail and Courier Deliveries mail address, not the USPS (P.O. Box) one. I used the USPS Express Mail and it shows that it was delivered.

Has anyone sent their package to the "131 South Dearborn" address like I did and got their application processed?

I am thinking of doing the same thing and use PRIORITY Mail from USPS.
I don't think so it should matter; the post box address may be for USPS regular Mail only.
well, right now I guess u just have to wait for about 7-10 days to see if your Check gets cashed or not.

Do share with us if this works out, so that we don't have to spend ~50 bucks on FedEx while we can do it for less than 10.

Mailing

Dear all,

Many thanks,

Amine

I have never sent anything to the Post Box number...always use the South Dearborn address and have never had issues. As long as it shows that it was delivered, a receipt will follow soon, if you added your email or phone number for texting, then you will get notification via text within a few days, then the next day your check might go through and voila...the process begins.
I wish you the best.

Mailing with USPS on Dearbon address

I have never sent anything to the Post Box number...always use the South Dearborn address and have never had issues. As long as it shows that it was delivered, a receipt will follow soon, if you added your email or phone number for texting, then you will get notification via text within a few days, then the next day your check might go through and voila...the process begins.
I wish you the best.

So, makeiteasier you used Dearbon address even though you were using USPS service?

quickquestion

hello guys, I posted this to criminal related forum 3-4 days ago and no replies yet. I want to learn what you think about this situation. thanks for the help.

my husband was fishing on a free fishing day last summer in CA.
I dropped him at the river where he was gonna fish and he caught 3 fish ( we are a family of three) in about 30-45 minutes. then after one hour or so I went back to pick him up. However the park rangers were there before me. He got a citation - an infraction - for catching over the bag limit. We had no idea at all about the bag limit or any rules that day. anyways, he was told that he was only allowed to catch two fish, since he got 3 fish he got the infraction. Then we waited for the court day and it was really really snowy so we decided not to go and instead pay the fee. We paid 485$ for that extra fish. Then the clerk told us people appearing in court for the same infraction still paid the same amount, so we wouldnt worry about not going to the court

funny thing is, he really didnt know that rule and it wasnt posted anywhere nearby, and he caught 3 fish and decided stop fishing since we r already 3 people, and sat aside and waited for me. when the rangers arrived, he was already sitting ready to wait me, he wasnt even fishing......if he had known that rule, he wouldnt even boither catching the third fish. this is really a very innocent mistake.....

they also said that (rangers and the court clerk) this is such a very small thing, maybe even less important than a traffic violation, so they told us not to worry at all.

now we are going to file 485 for our dv2012 case. we are wondering if this citation will be a problem on my husband's application. we are going to tell the truth, but I want to hear from any other experienced people.

thanks for reading and sharing your comments.

Re: Citation

Do not worry about it! You will have to do your biometrics anyways, which I do not think will show the fishing citation if it is less severe than a traffic violation. On the of the interview, however, do mention it to the officer if he/she asks whether you have been involved in any violations, small or grave.

Amine

hello guys, I posted this to criminal related forum 3-4 days ago and no replies yet. I want to learn what you think about this situation. thanks for the help.

I dropped him at the river where he was gonna fish and he caught 3 fish ( we are a family of three) in about 30-45 minutes. then after one hour or so I went back to pick him up. However the park rangers were there before me. He got a citation - an infraction - for catching over the bag limit. We had no idea at all about the bag limit or any rules that day. anyways, he was told that he was only allowed to catch two fish, since he got 3 fish he got the infraction. Then we waited for the court day and it was really really snowy so we decided not to go and instead pay the fee. We paid 485$ for that extra fish. Then the clerk told us people appearing in court for the same infraction still paid the same amount, so we wouldnt worry about not going to the court

funny thing is, he really didnt know that rule and it wasnt posted anywhere nearby, and he caught 3 fish and decided stop fishing since we r already 3 people, and sat aside and waited for me. when the rangers arrived, he was already sitting ready to wait me, he wasnt even fishing......if he had known that rule, he wouldnt even boither catching the third fish. this is really a very innocent mistake.....

they also said that (rangers and the court clerk) this is such a very small thing, maybe even less important than a traffic violation, so they told us not to worry at all.

now we are going to file 485 for our dv2012 case. we are wondering if this citation will be a problem on my husband's application. we are going to tell the truth, but I want to hear from any other experienced people.

3 Fish

I didn't even know that u can be cited for getting a meal for ur family! Anyhow, though it doesn't sound or look like a big deal at all, I would get all the documentation relating to the offense from court just to be prepared.

I guess the criminal records forum...there are more serious things going on (and some are innocently so) there so bear with them for not responding. It's so easy to find ourselves in a mess innocently or for ignorance of law and at times fact.

My wish for you is that this doesn't come up at all during your processing.

hi friends,

I sent my I-485 package 3 weeks ago and I got a paper from USICIS which says that ''we got your package so now we're doing your process ''and also says we will send to you a finger print appointment paper however they don't sent it yet .Do you know when they suppose to send it to me ?And do you guys know when I'm going to get my greencard in my hand if they accept my application?

thanks

2012eu00021xxx (md)

07/15/11 1st NL on the web

07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC

12/20/11 finally send the fee )
01/12/12 appointment for medicial examination

02/06/12 sent my I-485 PACKAGE

02/17/12 USCIS aproved my application

02/21/12 I got the receipt number

I-485

eyup,

Did it take the USCIS 11 days to accept your application? I understand that you sent your application on February 6; did you get an e-mail from them on the 17th?

Also, is your visa number current in February or March?

Thank you,

Amine

hi friends,

I sent my I-485 package 3 weeks ago and I got a paper from USICIS which says that ''we got your package so now we're doing your process ''and also says we will send to you a finger print appointment paper however they don't sent it yet .Do you know when they suppose to send it to me ?And do you guys know when I'm going to get my greencard in my hand if they accept my application?

thanks

2012eu00021xxx (md)

update on my case

Hello,
As you all know, I had my interview on feb. 28th and was approved. My online status changed that same day from "initial review" to "CPO" and then the following day I received an update to "Decision" which indicates that I have been registered as a permanent resident and a welcome letter is sent already including my green card. Yesterday I received another update to "Acceptance." This is what it says;

"On March 2, 2012, a duplicate notice was mailed to you regarding a decision on this case, or describing how we will process the case if it is still pending. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. If this I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move and this case is still pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I immediately called USCIS and was transferred to a level 2 Rep. who told me that my case is already approved and is in card production and that I should be getting my green card in a week but did not explain why my status jumped from "Decision" to "Acceptance." I don't know why my case should be at NBC when I already had my interview.Why a duplicate when I have not received the original decision yet? I presume it should be a computer glitch. Has anyone been in this boat. I do remember the IO said she will send our documents to DOS for the follow to join process not NBC. Any comments or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and I wish you all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Eyup,

You should receive your finger print appointment notice anytime.

I received it about a week after the receipt number.

hi friends,

thanks

2012eu00021xxx (md)

Fp

hi friends,

thanks

2012eu00021xxx (md)

You FP notice should be on the way. As long as they accepted then they're moving to mail that notice. Mine came within days after receipt notice though I wasn't current. Hopefully by next week you will have it.