• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Just curious but since you were selected in DV 2011 why you gave up? Did they disqualify you?
Thanks.
i was married but by mistake i registered as a single so that was a big mistake which will disqualify me so i give up

next step

hi guys ..i send my dsp-122 ,ds-230,2 photo,cover later,barcot sht 1 month ago now what's the next step what should i do when i wait for answer from KCC.AND MY CASE #2012EU21XXX when will they approve me to visa interview?thanks

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this forum but have been reading constantly since I discovered it yesterday.... I was notified in July that I was a winner in the 2012 lottery and after consulting with some people deemed the notification legitimate. I recently got very concerned due to my high rank number (EU31XXX) and thought I would have no chance for AOS. I don't think that CP is really an option for me as I will be on an H1B starting this year and going the consular way I believe I would probably lose the H1 visa and not be allowed to work, which obviously my employer will not be happy about... I might be wrong though I'd be interested to know if anyone knows of someone on an H1 who did CP...? Anyway, after reading the 2010&2011 AOS forums I began to think that maybe my rank number isn't really too high for AOS..judging by last year I would be current in July-> meaning I could send in my AOS package in the beginning on May which should give me plenty time for GC to be processed.. fingers crossed.

I am meeting with an immigration lawyer next week to review my case and what next steps etc. will be.

I'd be very interested to hear others' comments relating to my/their case :)

And another thing: I was very confused whether when doing AOS you have send in DSP-122 and DS-230 so I called KCC and they confirmed that when doing AOS you need to send in DSP-122+passport photos+bar code sheet, but NOT DS-230. I think it's safe to say that the instructions on the state.gov website are insufficient and very confusing. I am planning to send in my papers next week. Do I have to wait for my 2NL(2nd notification letter) to send in my DV fee, or can I send the fee any time I want? Thanks everybody!

Hi japaneschinlove,

I don't think you need to submit ds-230 for AOS, at least i did not.

Today, got a e-mail from KCC with two attachments (2012AS00021***.pdf and DV Fee Paid Reiceipt.pdf) with
Subject: 2012AS00021*** Diversity Visa Adjustment letter

Asking to pay visa fee to the St. Louis office and apply 485 once case number becomes available.

07/28/2011: sent DSP122/barcode/2 photos to KCC
08/01/2011: Delivered to KCC
08/25/2011: 2NL received by e-mail from KCC (Subject: 2012AS00021*** Diversity Visa Adjustment letter)

i think your case similar to mine I wanna ask you what did you send to KCC exactly ( you and your spouse )
Hi japaneschinlove,

I don't think you need to submit ds-230 for AOS, at least i did not.

Today, got a e-mail from KCC with two attachments (2012AS00021***.pdf and DV Fee Paid Reiceipt.pdf) with
Subject: 2012AS00021*** Diversity Visa Adjustment letter

Asking to pay visa fee to the St. Louis office and apply 485 once case number becomes available.

08/25/2011: 2NL received by e-mail from KCC (Subject: 2012AS00021*** Diversity Visa Adjustment letter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mokha,

Are you asking me?

my wife is dv winner.
DSP122/barcode/2 photos (her photos)

I did not submit anything for me.

Yes I asked you as21k
thanks for your replay
so the only one who should send DSP122/barcode/2 photos to KCC is my wife
another qustion what should i write for Q4 in DSP122

Hi Mokha,

Are you asking me?

my wife is dv winner.
DSP122/barcode/2 photos (her photos)

I did not submit anything for me.

Guys what is a self-addressed envelope?
I was trying to send my DV fee $440.00 to St Louis, MO. I got confused. Anybody know anything.
Thanks

Hi all, I won the lottery with a pretty low number SA000001XX. I found out only yesterday though as I did not check the website before. I called KCC this morning and they told me to mail them DSP-122, nothing more. So I did.

Then I saw this forum and I freaked out a bit coz I didn't send the barcode page nor pictures. I called the KCC several times and they told me the same info. Did I do something wrong? What can I do now? Resend the whole thing?

Finally, I don't know anything about a payment. Can somebody send me the link to a website to explain me about the first payment? Do I have to do it now or wait for a NL from KCC?

Hi All.
I'm a winner of DV-2012 and I'm withing the US, so I'm doing AOS.
I sent my first package more than a month ago, but no response yet...
Is it normal?
I included only DSP-122, confirmation page and 2 photos for myself and my wife - is it enough?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I also sent my DSP-122 along with 2 passport photos and DV Lottery notification page to KCC 2 weeks ago. I wrote them an e-mail regarding the situation and they said they`ve received my package and currently processing. No update on status check page though. They also send me another mail saying that I should pay the DV fee and check my legibility. However it looked very scripted considering I asked them what I should do for AoS first. My case number becomes current on November but I am waiting for J-1 Waiver at the same time.

When should I send my AoS package LATEST? Becaus eI have to wait for waiver. Can I get an interview date before June 2012?

Thanks

I also sent my DSP-122 along with 2 passport photos and DV Lottery notification page to KCC 2 weeks ago. I wrote them an e-mail regarding the situation and they said they`ve received my package and currently processing. No update on status check page though. They also send me another mail saying that I should pay the DV fee and check my legibility. However it looked very scripted considering I asked them what I should do for AoS first. My case number becomes current on November but I am waiting for J-1 Waiver at the same time.

When should I send my AoS package LATEST? Becaus eI have to wait for waiver. Can I get an interview date before June 2012?

Thanks

What email did you send your request to?