• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Thanks Wildcatter and japaneschinlove!! Makes sense. So I guess that makes it unnecessary to get an affidavit of support, providing I show enough income?

no you don't need an affidavit of support for yourself if you make enough money, you will need to ask your employer for an employment letter and you should have your tax returns

Still waitting

hi guy,
please post here guys what did you do for next step ?because mY case # is high and i'm still waitting for prepare my documents because i want to be make sure to prepare right documents..how did u guys send AOS fee to USCIS? , where did you send ? and when they got the money did they send a receipt or something like that ?i made an appointment with USCIS at oct 11 th ..can you give me some ideas what i should ask them?and guys i ask my friend who is get his greencard from lottery and he did interview in US so he said me i prepared those documents:
bith certifacate,passport and i-94,alll student i-20 forms
high school tanscript,two photo,medical report and filling fee ($375 fee plus $1,010 -adjustment fee)
now when i look this document i get confused because there is no i-485 form here and he send all those documents together so should i provide the same documents ?or there is more ?i'm f-1 VISA HOLDER.. THANKS

08/08/2011:dsp-122 and other forms send to the KCC
08/17/2011:Got my certified mail reciept back from KCC
09/26/2011:still try to figure out what's the next step
case # 2012eu21xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guy,
please post here guys what did you do for next step ?because mY case # is high and i'm still waitting for prepare my documents because i want to be make sure to prepare right documents..how did u guys send AOS fee to USCIS? , where did you send ? and when they got the money did they send a receipt or something like that ?i made an appointment with USCIS at oct 11 th ..can you give me some ideas what i should ask them?and guys i ask my friend who is get his greencard from lottery and he did interview in US so he said me i prepared those documents:
high school tanscript,two photo,medical report and filling fee ($375 fee plus $1,010 -adjustment fee)
now when i look this document i get confused because there is no i-485 form here and he send all those documents together so should i provide the same documents ?or there is more ?i'm f-1 VISA HOLDER.. THANKS

case # 2012eu21xxx

Hi,
this is from the USCIS web site for DV winners:

You should submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of government-issued photo identification
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
Applicable fees
Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

as F-1 student you need copies of all your I-20s, i would submit copies of diplomas and transcripts also and if you are currently enrolled a proof of enrollment letter from school

you need to send your DV fee to DOS and include the receipt....

front and back of I-94, copy of visa page and ID page of your passport....

ANDD you should absolutely submit evidence of your financial situation, maybe bank statements, employment letter if employed, tax returns if you filed taxes...IF you are not employed you should find a sponsor who fills out form I-134 for you

here are instructions on how to pay the I-485 fee http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3850a99ba78af110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
you can pay with a personal check if it's from a US bank but it will take longer for them to cash which is why some people use certified checks from the bank.....

hi guy,

case # 2012eu21xxx

have you checked the entry status check on the DOS web site to see if they have processed your papers yet?

have you checked the entry status check on the DOS web site to see if they have processed your papers yet?

yes i checked but i got my case # other info. from there and i checked yesterday again and nothing changed at this page it still the same post which is i look first day (july 15th)..i don't know what you mean with ''have you checked the entry ...''but i did yertarday again nothing different than first time i checked..they don't update anything else..after they get my dsp-122 and other documents they should update something to my page on the DOS wep site ?.thaks so much...

case # 2012eu21xxx

yes i checked but i got my case # other info. from there and i checked yesterday again and nothing changed at this page it still the same post which is i look first day (july 15th)..i don't know what you mean with ''have you checked the entry ...''but i did yertarday again nothing different than first time i checked..they don't update anything else..after they get my dsp-122 and other documents they should update something to my page on the DOS wep site ?.thaks so much...

case # 2012eu21xxx

Your CN is EU21xxx, not your turn yet.....just pay attention to the VB and be patient

case # 2012eu21xxx

yes, once KCC has processed your papers you should get an email telling you to check the entry status where you checked, the message there will change to saying that you need to contact USCIS because you are doing an AOS in the U.S. but this is not important because you technically don't have to wait for this email if you're doing AOS, it will just let you know that KCC has your file and is aware and ready to send it to USCIS once it's requested. getting this email will probably take around 2 months from the date that you sent DS-122 etc to KCC. if 2 months have passed i would email KCC if i were you, begin the email with your full name, DOB, case number and country of chargeability and then ask them what the status of your case is.

judging by your CN you won't be current until maybe March or April. you should start your medicals beginning of 2012 maybe already in January, they can take anywhere up to a month to complete.

No, I don't think they will update anything on the website, because mine says the same thing since the first day. But when I called them, they know that I am doing AOS and I have paid my AOS fee. I think they only update about upcoming interview if you are doing CP. They won't do anything for AOS.

No, I don't think they will update anything on the website, because mine says the same thing since the first day. But when I called them, they know that I am doing AOS and I have paid my AOS fee. I think they only update about upcoming interview if you are doing CP. They won't do anything for AOS.

interesting. i know people who are consular processing overseas have got the new message but i don't know if anyone doing AOS has got one. seems silly if they don't update ours because then they will get thousands of inquiries asking about case status...

rdada, have you sent in your i-485?

interesting. i know people who are consular processing overseas have got the new message but i don't know if anyone doing AOS has got one. seems silly if they don't update ours because then they will get thousands of inquiries asking about case status...

rdada, have you sent in your i-485?

I don't know about CP but if you are doing AOS, you get an email from KCC that says that they are aware that you are pursuing AOS and to contact uscis from now on. The DV website does not change. It still shows the "congratulations" letter only.

I don't know about CP but if you are doing AOS, you get an email from KCC that says that they are aware that you are pursuing AOS and to contact uscis from now on. The DV website does not change. It still shows the "congratulations" letter only.

thanks for the info. i see you got that email after 3 weeks or so, for me its been over a month and i haven't received an email. i might just email them and ask whats going on

that's exciting, can you list everything you included with it?
Primary applicant is not but spouse is working,

 Personal Check of $2140 (For two I485 and Biometrics)
 Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
 Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
 Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
 Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
 Four identical color Photographs. (for I485 and I765)
 Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter – Barcode Letter from DOS, KCC.
 Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $880 to Department of State (for two)
 Copy of Passport
 Copy of Last Arrival Page of Passport
 Copy of Last I-94 (Approval Notice from USCIS)
 Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
 Copy of High School Diploma
 Copy of College Diploma
 Job offer and most recent two paystubs (to show financial independence)

Spouse’s application includes:
 Marriage Certificate
 Two identical color Photographs. (for I485)
 Copy of EAD (front and back)
 Copy of Passport
 Copy of non-immigrant visas
 Copy of last arrival page of passport
 Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 2 visas.
 Copy of Social Security Card (front and back)

Primary applicant is not but spouse is working,

 Personal Check of $2140 (For two I485 and Biometrics)
 Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
 Four identical color Photographs. (for I485 and I765)
 Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter – Barcode Letter from DOS, KCC.
 Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $880 to Department of State (for two)
 Copy of Passport
 Copy of Last Arrival Page of Passport
 Copy of High School Diploma
 Copy of College Diploma
 Job offer and most recent two paystubs (to show financial independence)

Spouse’s application includes:
 Marriage Certificate
 Two identical color Photographs. (for I485)
 Copy of EAD (front and back)
 Copy of Passport
 Copy of non-immigrant visas
 Copy of last arrival page of passport
 Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 2 visas.
 Copy of Social Security Card (front and back)
Just out of curiosity, what's the date of your last entry to the US (on the last I-94, last arrival stamp)? Does it matter if it's before or after July 15th (date of 1st NL)?

thank you for listing everything. so you didn't include W2's or an employment letter from employer. just curious, what is your status at the moment?
I didn't include W2 because when I filed last years tax I was still in OPT and wasn't making much. I didn't get an employment letter from employer because I have my offer letter attached and also the two recent paychecks, which date to last Friday, that proves I am still working for them.
Hopefully they will take it as my financial support document.
I am in H1B right now, my wife is an H4 and she won the DV.

Anybody else sent their I485 package? Please keep us updated on when you sent them when you heard back from Chicago Lockbox.

Anybody else sent their I485 package? Please keep us updated on when you sent them when you heard back from Chicago Lockbox.

2012AF4xxx

I-485 sent 10/1
I-485 delivered 10/3
Acceptance email 10/7
Checks cashed 10/11

Waiting to hear back from USCIS.