• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Anybody else sent their I485 package? Please keep us updated on when you sent them when you heard back from Chicago Lockbox.

Hi,
for future reference I added my dates in my signature,
I hope they get back to me soon, at least with the I-131 form. I need to travel abroad for a conference which is in early November.

I485 package

Hello

I am planning to submit I485 in Nov. Here is the list of documents which I am planning to include.
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Primary Applicant, myself
1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $1,070: filing fee for I-485($985) and Biometrics($85)
3.Two identical color photographs (2”x 2”)
4.Form I-693, Medical report in sealed envelope
5.Form I-485, filled and duly signed.
6.Form G-325A
IDs
7.Copy of birth certificate.
8.Copy of marriage certificate
9.Copy of government-issued identifications : Driver’s license and SSN
Passport/Visa
10.Copy of Passport with a photo
11.I-94 Arrival/Departure record
12.Copy of passport pages with L1 and F1 visas
13.Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
14.Copy of 1st Notification letter
15.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
16.Copy of DOS fee receipt.
Academic
17.Copy of High School diploma certificate
18.Copy of Bachelor Degree Certificate
19.Copy of Bachelor Degree Transcript
20.Copy of Master Degree Certificate & Transcript
Financial
21.Copy of Employment letter
22.Copy of Pay stubs in the past several months
23.Copy of 2009 and 2010 W-2
24.Summary of Bank Statements
25.Copy of Bank Statement (Chase)
26.Copy of Bank Statement (XXX)
27.Copy of Bank Statement (XXX)
28.Copy of Bank Statement (XXX)

Applicant’s Spouse:
1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $1,070: filing fee for I-485($985) and Biometrics($85)
6.Form G-325A
IDs
7.Copy of birth certificate.
8.Copy of Marriage Certificate.
9.Copy of government-issued identifications : Driver’s license and SSN
Passport/Visa
10.Copy of Passport with a photo
11.I-94 Arrival/Departure record
12.Copy of passport pages with L2 and F2 visas
13.Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
14.Copy of 1st Notification letter
15.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
16.Copy of DOS fee receipt.

Academic
17.Copy of High School diploma certificate
18.Copy of College diploma certificate
Financial
19.Copy of 2009 and 2010 W-2
20.Copy of Bank Statement (Chase)

Affidavit of Support
21.Form I-134, filled and duly signed by Primary Applicant.

Applicant’s Daughter:
1.Form G-1145
2.Personal check of $635: filing fee for I-485($635) and biometrics fee ($0)
IDs
6.Copy of birth certificate.
Passport/Visa
7.Copy of Passport with a photo
8.I94 Arrival/Departure record
9.Copy of Passport with L2 visa
10.Copy of Passport with admission (entry) stamp
NL/Receipt
11.Copy of 1st Notification letter
12.Copy of 2nd Notification letter
13.Copy of DOS fee receipt.

Affidavit of Support
14.Form I-134, filled and duly signed by Primary Applicant.

Hey guys,

I had some delays, but I'm planning on submitting my I-485 package by Tuesday. I realized I never got a 2nd NL from the DOS. I called them and they verified they received my DSP-122 and the filing fee (I also have the receipt), but they didn't seem to be smart enough to realize there's supposed to be a 2nd letter. Do you think it matters?

Thanks!!

Are you talking about the letter that you see when you go to the Status Check page? None of us got it. But they did send us an email showing we are doing AOS. And when you are doing AOS, the second letter really doesn't matter(you would be fine even if you hadn't sent your dsp122, the $440 of aos fee would be enough to tell them you are doing AOS). In AOS, most of the processing is done through USCIS. Go ahead and send your package to Chicago lockbox. Don't wait for KCC to send you anything.

Regards.

After submitting your AOS, can you still continue working on campus with your F-1 status, or do you need to apply for an EAD for that? I mean the school will not mind you having to continue working on campus for less than 20 hrs a week as long as you have a valid I-20, but later on at the AOS interview, would they ask you why you worked on campus without applying for an EAD?

After submitting your AOS, can you still continue working on campus with your F-1 status, or do you need to apply for an EAD for that? I mean the school will not mind you having to continue working on campus for less than 20 hrs a week as long as you have a valid I-20, but later on at the AOS interview, would they ask you why you worked on campus without applying for an EAD?

There is nothing wrong on working 20 hours on I-20 while your AOS is in process. When you get your EAD or green card, you can work for as long as you want without permission from your international office.

Are you talking about the letter that you see when you go to the Status Check page? None of us got it. But they did send us an email showing we are doing AOS. And when you are doing AOS, the second letter really doesn't matter(you would be fine even if you hadn't sent your dsp122, the $440 of aos fee would be enough to tell them you are doing AOS). In AOS, most of the processing is done through USCIS. Go ahead and send your package to Chicago lockbox. Don't wait for KCC to send you anything.

Regards.

Yeah, I just didn't get an email confirming AOS, but I guess it doesn't matter. I submitted everything to Chicago today!!

@japaneschinlove: Did you ever receive an email from the KCC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody got their interview letter yet?

Let us know as soon as you get your interview letter. I will keep you posted on mine as well.

bump to this thread

Why so meager participation in this thread this year? Please, who are going for AOS for DV2012, keep in touch.

Yes, I sent mine too...

Anybody else sent their I485 package? Please keep us updated on when you sent them when you heard back from Chicago Lockbox.

I am all the way to AF4**** but I decided to send mine. Not sure what will happen going forward but the brief is on my signature.
Oct. 11 - mailed the AOS package. During the process, the school nurse where my kids go called and there was an issue with my middle child and I think it threw me off. I completed the package mailed via UPS on my way home and after I saw the kids and was relaxed checked the copies and told my husband that I didnt think that I signed my I485! I kept wondering...till it came back as expected.
Oct. 14th - received at Chicago lock box
Oct. 24th - Returned (we expected it) with a MSC....receipt number (at first out of ignorance, I was mad that they assigned me to Miscellaneous then looked it up to see Missouri Service Center)
Oct. 26th - Resent with signature to Chicago lock box...the post box provided on the return cover letter. sent via US Express
Oct. 29th - It was received in the morning around 10 AM
Oct. 29th - before bed I enter the MSC number uscis status check page to see if it was valid :) oh! me of little faith but then again I am AF4**** so u cant blame me! It showed ACCEPTANCE button
Nov. 2nd - checked again (am like a baby...keep on checking every other day :) ) and it was at Initial Review
Nov. 7th - Got the Acceptance email (didnt sign up for text message) which suggested that I wait till I receive the mail before I check on line...ouch! I still checked around 11 PM! N it showed that they had sent NOA(s) on how to proceed with the case.
Nov. 8th - Check was cashed (am so harphazard at times! I went to my bank account to see how much I need to add from savings to ensure I have enough for this stuff and that is when I saw that they already had their money)

participant

I am also doing AOS but my case number is high, AS70XXX. Thus, I am just waiting for my case number to become current, if at all, and just monitoring lucky winners to see their progress.

Did they sent you the interview letter yet?

Hi,
for future reference I added my dates in my signature,
I hope they get back to me soon, at least with the I-131 form. I need to travel abroad for a conference which is in early November.

Adapter, its been a while since you did your biometrics, have they sent you an interview letter yet? Let us know.

You too a big risk there. They insist on asking people not to send their application before their number comes up on the bulletin board. Keep us updated!

I am all the way to AF4**** but I decided to send mine. Not sure what will happen going forward but the brief is on my signature.
Oct. 11 - mailed the AOS package. During the process, the school nurse where my kids go called and there was an issue with my middle child and I think it threw me off. I completed the package mailed via UPS on my way home and after I saw the kids and was relaxed checked the copies and told my husband that I didnt think that I signed my I485! I kept wondering...till it came back as expected.
Oct. 14th - received at Chicago lock box
Oct. 24th - Returned (we expected it) with a MSC....receipt number (at first out of ignorance, I was mad that they assigned me to Miscellaneous then looked it up to see Missouri Service Center)
Oct. 26th - Resent with signature to Chicago lock box...the post box provided on the return cover letter. sent via US Express
Oct. 29th - It was received in the morning around 10 AM
Oct. 29th - before bed I enter the MSC number uscis status check page to see if it was valid :) oh! me of little faith but then again I am AF4**** so u cant blame me! It showed ACCEPTANCE button
Nov. 2nd - checked again (am like a baby...keep on checking every other day :) ) and it was at Initial Review
Nov. 7th - Got the Acceptance email (didnt sign up for text message) which suggested that I wait till I receive the mail before I check on line...ouch! I still checked around 11 PM! N it showed that they had sent NOA(s) on how to proceed with the case.
Nov. 8th - Check was cashed (am so harphazard at times! I went to my bank account to see how much I need to add from savings to ensure I have enough for this stuff and that is when I saw that they already had their money)

NOA came

You too a big risk there. They insist on asking people not to send their application before their number comes up on the bulletin board. Keep us updated!

I know...but when I read the letters, they have mixed messages 1. wait until visa number is immediately available; 2nd message: you MAY file between October 2011 - September 2012; 3: The main website and bulletin indicates that year 50,000 visas are available... etc. Then there is the fact that 110,000 were selected and only 50,000 will get...
so I decided to go with the legal maxim "equity aids the vigilant not the indolent". The worst that can happen is also on their letter "Please note that you MAY not be scheduled for a visa interview until a visa is immediately available" MAY means MAY NOT is a choice...so if I MAY do it between Oct 11 - Sept. 12: I did it in Oct. If they MAY NOT schedule an interview till visa is immediately available, it means that the also MAY...and if they do not; then be it.
Also - if 50,000 visas are available this fiscal year, they are available and they are processed little by little to ease the administrative burden...
The truth is - it was a risk and am yet to see what's the worst or the best that can happen out of it. Please hold your breathe with me:) Life is in itself a risk...

Also: I think if it is meant to be, it will be. I won in May and was overjoyed...I mean overjoyed for 13 days till they nullified the results! Even when I won in July, I still kept checking to see the worst...Still healing from that. I tried this thing since 2001 and never won/got selected for 10 years, and when I won it was disqualified!!!!!...and there was nothing I could do about it...THEN I WON AGAIN?? How often do such events happen?

UPDATE: I received the Notice of Action yesterday via mail. It indicates that a biometrics appointment letter is on the way via mail which will let me know where and when I should go for ASC biometrics. Also said that it had been transferred to National Benefits Center for further processing

Last edited by a moderator:
Adapter, its been a while since you did your biometrics, have they sent you an interview letter yet? Let us know.

No, I haven't heard from them yet. Also based on what I saw for previous cases it takes about 3-4 weeks from the biometrics to get the interview notice.
I will post here as soon as I get the letter.

Interview letter

2012AF4xxx

I-485 sent 10/1
I-485 delivered 10/3
Acceptance email 10/7
Checks cashed 10/11

Waiting to hear back from USCIS.
Jennharvey, heard your parents already got interview letter? When did you get it? Has your last updated date changed after initial review?

Thanks

Got my Biometrics Notice

I got my notice for biometrics, and I am wondering if I should reschedule to January coz I have a cut on my thumb! Hmmm!:mad:

Hello,

I am quite new here but I read all the previous posts of this thread. As I got it, my number will be current around March.
Does that mean that I will receive a second letter from KCC round March?
What can I do till then?
Where can I see the list of the examinations I need to undergo?
I am also wondering if I should go to USA immediately after I receive the Green Card or I will have certain period of time before I can do that.

(Last thing...how can I edit my signature in order to put my details there?)

-------------------------------------------------------------
2012EU0002xxxx
7/15/11 NL1 received
8/11/11 forms @ KCC