• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

General inquiry: we should be notified by KCC about fee payment and where to send it ($440, for what I've seen around here). Then we'll get back a receipt of which we need to attach a copy to the I-485 when we file for AOS. However, I've read that when we file the I-485 we also need to pay the AOS fee ($1070). Do we need to pay that also in advance and attach copy of receipt, or send the payment with the I-485 form?

General inquiry: we should be notified by KCC about fee payment and where to send it ($440, for what I've seen around here). Then we'll get back a receipt of which we need to attach a copy to the I-485 when we file for AOS. However, I've read that when we file the I-485 we also need to pay the AOS fee ($1070). Do we need to pay that also in advance and attach copy of receipt, or send the payment with the I-485 form?
You should attach check or money order when you file I-485. Please read the instructions - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Since I won't have yet filed my I-485 AOS forms then, should I be in the clear? After all, their website only warns of such travel AFTER you file for AOS.
Theoretically, yes, absolutely. But would you really risk your Green Card for the sake if this trip? What if embassy initiates an administrative check for your application and it takes a couple months? Or 221(g) denial because you had hangover that day and left your diploma at home instead of bringing it to the interview?

Bad News (Lottery cancelled )

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

Welcome Kwamme,

Could you please add your signature? It is so helpful for us and for future generations :)

Regarding sponsorships. It depends. You most likely need to get i-134 (not i-864) from somebody else. If you're working, then your W-2, tax returns, and letter from the employer should be enough to prove that you will not be a public charge.

Hey,
Like I said I am a international student on F-1 visa and I dont work. I am single with no children. Do you think I still need to file the I-134 and I-864?

How is the signature thing added?

Theoretically, yes, absolutely. But would you really risk your Green Card for the sake if this trip? What if embassy initiates an administrative check for your application and it takes a couple months? Or 221(g) denial because you had hangover that day and left your diploma at home instead of bringing it to the interview?

LOL. I guess the whole problem is moot now that the lottery has been invalidated. But on a positive note, I just got notification that my H-1B has been approved. I'll get my visa on my passport next trip to Italy.
Unless, I'm lucky enough to be selected again come July 15.
And by the way, the whole process at the American consulate in Rome (with appointment and proper documents) takes one day: go in in the morning and get the passport back in the afternoon with visa in it (done it several times before for F-1 and J-1 visa).

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. I guess the whole problem is moot now. I just got notification that my H-1B has been approved. I'll get my visa on my passport next trip to Italy.
Unless, I'm lucky enough to be selected again come July 15.
And by the way, the whole process at the American consulate in Rome (with appointment and proper documents) takes one day: go in in the morning and get the passport back in the afternoon with visa in it (done it several times before for F-1 and J-1 visa).

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided. They were not valid and were posted in error. The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us. It will be included in the new selection lottery. Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

condolences to everybody thats including myself ;( I don't think something like this ever happened before...
anyways think n be positive

I've already sent 880 dollars, what a should I do now?

They have cashed it on monday tuesday may 10th

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody,

the results have been canceled .
see the news on the official page were you entered your confirmation code.

Makwa

I already sent the payment to the KCC Center in Missouri. I got a confirmation that they received it on May 10, 2011.
They need to return the money order, otherwise it would be unfair for my family.

You guys should send e-mail to KCC and notify that you already send a payment to them! I already do it yesterday after they make a notice.

Sorry to all of you who didn't get selected the second round, but I'd like to resurrect this thread ... I'm in the US on an R-1 and got selected for further processing in the 2nd round. My case number is 2012EU000061**, so I think I'll be able to do an AOS.
Does anyone have an idea when that case number will be current?

Based on the information in this forum and the DOS website, I think I have to do the following:

1. Send form DSP-122 (and form DS-230 Parts 1 and 2 if I want to) and 2 passport photos to the KCC.
2. Wait for the confirmation letter from the KCC.
3. Pay the fee of $440 to the DOS
4. Get the DV payment confirmation.
5. Wait for my case number to be current.
6. Do the medical
7. File I-485 with all fees and supporting documents to the USCIS
8. Then from there, wait for an answer from the USCIS, the interview to be scheduled, etc.

Is that correct? I just want to reconfirm. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Thank you!! That helps a lot!

Does anyone have any idea when my case number will be current? (2012EU000061**)

That would be earlier than expected. Wow! Thank you!

But I'm a bit confused ... you're saying "since you're on an R-1 visa". Is the availability of the DV visa in any way dependent on what non-immigrant visa you're currently on?? Or are you just talking about the ability to adjust status from an R-1 visa in general?

Again, thank you so far! It's GREATLY appreciated!

Hello all,
I just got selected for further processing in DV2012. My case number is 2012AF0003xxxx. Currently i am on OPT in the US. When i was a student, i worked off-campus illegally using my SSN. Does anyone know if this will affect my change of status? How do i go about it? Regards :)

dv 2012AS00036XXX
i got selected for farther processing too, not sure tho if i will have enugh time to do the AOS since my CN is too hight. Any thoughts will be hightly appriciate it. im in F1 now by the way and my I-20 will expire in august 2012.
thanks in advance.