• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

thanks, :)
im wondering what are my chances to do AOS with such a high case #, Asia numbers are differnet that those of Africa.

Hey,

I was wondering if someone has the answer to the following questions:

1. I just sent the form DSP-122, etc. to the DOS. Can I pay the DV fee of $440 now, or do I need to wait for anything?
2. Do I need to wait for my case number to be current to file the I-485, or can I just send it any time after Oct 1? I know that the processing time is 4 months in Chicago, so can I send it so it's there on Oct 1, 2011? Even if my case number doesn't become current until a month or two later?
3. I have a confusion on form I-765. Do I need to file it with the I-485 (currently here on an R-1 which automatically gives me permission to work in a religious capacity), or when is form I-765 needed?

Thank you!!!!!

hi

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was wondering if someone has the answer to the following questions:

1. I just sent the form DSP-122, etc. to the DOS. Can I pay the DV fee of $440 now, or do I need to wait for anything?
2. Do I need to wait for my case number to be current to file the I-485, or can I just send it any time after Oct 1? I know that the processing time is 4 months in Chicago, so can I send it so it's there on Oct 1, 2011? Even if my case number doesn't become current until a month or two later?
3. I have a confusion on form I-765. Do I need to file it with the I-485 (currently here on an R-1 which automatically gives me permission to work in a religious capacity), or when is form I-765 needed?

Thank you!!!!!

Ocean3,
im sorry, i am not familier with sending replies in the forum yet. im not 100% sure that my answers are correct but im still learning in this forum and other websites and this is what i think about ur questions.

1) you dont send the (DSP-122, 2photoes, letter whith the barcode that says you have been selected) to the DOS but you send them to the KCC. about the DV $440 fee, its up to you, some wait till they get the reply from the KCC so they could attach a paper they get + the cashier check or money order + self addressed and stamped emvelp+ writing their CN in the form of payment which can not be personal or business check and send it. others, will not wait for the reply from KCC and those have been fine.

2) as a role, regardless of ther CN, you never want your I-485 to be in Chicago Lockbox before October 1st. its just a lot of risk and almost always they will reject it. from what i learned, you can send your package once you see your CN in the advance noticfiation of the VB which is about 50 days before the month you will be cureent. but again you never want your I-485 to be their before October 1st regardless of what the advance notification in the VB says.
if you have a high CN based in your regin and last years of VB that is when sending them 50 days earlier is vital as long as you see the CN in the advance part of the VB.

3) i have no idea aboutthis,,, i wish anyone else can answer it.
good luck and agian, im not 100% sure that i said is true :) if im wrong, please anyone correct me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also see thread "DV 2012 - AOS - step by step"

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let all the folks here know there is another 2012 AOS thread titled "DV 2012 - AOS - step by step" in the forum.

It might help us all if we use only one thread, that way all questions and answers will be in one place and it will be easier for new people to find and get the information they need.

There have been many recent posts in the other thread. Before posting a question here, perhaps check it if has already been asked in the other thread. Or consider posting in the other thread only. This is only a suggestion! Just hoping it is possible to keep all relevant information together.

Cheers!

you are right EighthTimmeLucky, its for our best intrest to post in one thread since its the same subject. So, from now on i will fallow the (2012 AOS step by step) and i encourage everyone here to joun us if you have not already did. by the way, they say there is a treasure in this forum. if anyone found it, please let me know. ;) :rolleyes:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let all the folks here know there is another 2012 AOS thread titled "DV 2012 - AOS - step by step" in the forum.

It might help us all if we use only one thread, that way all questions and answers will be in one place and it will be easier for new people to find and get the information they need.

There have been many recent posts in the other thread. Before posting a question here, perhaps check it if has already been asked in the other thread. Or consider posting in the other thread only. This is only a suggestion! Just hoping it is possible to keep all relevant information together.

Cheers!

hello there!
my wife and I are both on F1 status and live here in the US.She just was selected for DV2012. I looked online for the steps to do AOS. but it seemed a bit complicated. I called KCC like 4 times and each time they told me something different. I have few questions and i would appreciate it if you helped me.
My wife case# 2012EU25***
I know she has to send DSP-122 along with two pictures and the receipt that has the barcode.
Q1) how does she go about filling for me? does she have to submit a different DSP-122 forme as well or she has to attach DS-230 form(which contains a section for the spouse's info )

Q2) after submitting docs to KCC should we wait or what are the steps.

thank you in advance !

best regards
jed

please all 2012 winner write in this thread
we need only one thread
i saw many threads

Please see the thread: "DV 2012 - AOS - step by step"

please all 2012 winner write in this thread
we need only one thread
i saw many threads

That's right, there are many DV 2012 AOS threads, which is why I recommended a few posts above to post in a different one that has been popular the last few days. Please see the thread: "DV 2012 - AOS - step by step"

dv-2012...son living in another country..need help please!

My aunt and her two children are selected for further processing for the dv-lottery 2012.Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon. Meanwhile my aunt has to fill out form ds-230 for both of her children. Her son doesn't want to risk and go to his home country because he says what if they don't get the visa! My question is: Should my aunt fill out form ds-230 for her son if he doesn't want to go or no? When she goes to the interview at the embassy is it going to be a problem that her son is not going to be there because when she applied for dv-lottery she entered her son's name also? Does she need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not living in his home country? Can somebody help me please with these questions? It's been 9 days since my aunt has received the notice and she needs to fill out the forms as quickly as possible. Thank you!

dv-2012...son living in another country...need help please!

dv-2012...son living in another country...need help please!

My aunt and her two children are selected for further processing for the dv-lottery 2012.Last year when she applied, her son was 20 years old (he is 21 now) and I think he is eligible to go to US with his mother but at the moment he is living in another country, in western Europe and the lawyer there has promised him that he will have his permanent papers pretty soon. Meanwhile my aunt has to fill out form ds-230 for both of her children. Her son doesn't want to risk and go to his home country because he says what if they don't get the visa! My question is: Should my aunt fill out form ds-230 for her son if he doesn't want to go or no? When she goes to the interview at the embassy is it going to be a problem that her son is not going to be there because when she applied for dv-lottery she entered her son's name also? Does she need to show any proof to the embassy that her son is not living in his home country? Can somebody help me please with these questions? It's been 9 days since my aunt has received the notice and she needs to fill out the forms as quickly as possible. Thank you!

AOS DS-230 for got an information
I have a question .My wife is the selectee and we are both doing AOS. We just sent the DOcs today to KCC (barcode, DSP-122(for principal aplicant, DS-230 for both) and pictures.
We just realized that in the question on DS-230 form where it asks you for previous entries we for got to put the END date of the status [from-To] as we typed the entries, we intended to hand write the (To) present. as the form only allows numbers.
Should we send anything ?

Please help

__________________________________________________ ______________________
2012EU00025XXX (wifw case number)
7/15/2011: DV-2012 Selectee
7/25/2011: $440 AOS Fee sent to DOS in St. Louis,MO
7/27/2011: DSP-122 (wife ), DS-230(Wife,Me), 2 Passport Photos and Barcode sent to KCC

where are all DV 2012 winner
please we need our thread as 2009, 2010, and 2011

lets start our journey in one thread we don't need many threads

choose this one to be ours

Just curious but since you were selected in DV 2011 why you gave up? Did they disqualify you?
Thanks.

where are all DV 2012 winner
please we need our thread as 2009, 2010, and 2011

lets start our journey in one thread we don't need many threads

choose this one to be ours

I am a winner of DV2012. I am consulting with an immigration lawyer, to better understand the application procedure.

Me and my husband, both of us are in the US. Both of us are under H1B visa status and want to proceed by doing the AOS.

According to immigration lawyer I am consulting, first we need to submit DS122, 2 Photos, barcode printout, marriage certificate document and only one money order of $440 as DV processing fee to KCC.

However, when I reviewed various blogs and travel.state.gov website, it says that each person applying must pay a fee of $440. Now I am confused whether to send only one money order of $440 or 2 money order of $440 (one each for me and my spouse).

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm that the suggestions I am getting from the immigration lawyer is infact correct. If not please kindly let me know or direct me to some trust worthy links where I can get some detailed information.

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am also a 2012 dv selectee, currently a student in nursing program in the US. My CN is pretty high(they say): EU28XXX, and I am little bit scared reading all the comments posted in internet!!! Many selectees wouldn't receive the green card because the fiscal year ended due to their high numbers....What do you think? The only way I am planning to get my green card is through AOS, because it is impossible for me to go back to my country and doing it with CP. I am not very happy with USCIS becuase when I went there, they told me : NOTHING, except that my number is high!!!!!! Hiring a lawyer is way too much money for my standards...I don't even know how much they charge for AOS. I am usually very optimistic, but now ..not at all... What do you guys think? Thanks..

I am a winner of DV2012. I am consulting with an immigration lawyer, to better understand the application procedure.

Me and my husband, both of us are in the US. Both of us are under H1B visa status and want to proceed by doing the AOS.

According to immigration lawyer I am consulting, first we need to submit DS122, 2 Photos, barcode printout, marriage certificate document and only one money order of $440 as DV processing fee to KCC.

However, when I reviewed various blogs and travel.state.gov website, it says that each person applying must pay a fee of $440. Now I am confused whether to send only one money order of $440 or 2 money order of $440 (one each for me and my spouse).

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm that the suggestions I am getting from the immigration lawyer is infact correct. If not please kindly let me know or direct me to some trust worthy links where I can get some detailed information.

Thank you.
@yukayuka75,
First, the fee is $440 for each AOS applicant, so you need to send a $880 check for you and your wife. However, you do not have to split it on two money orders. You can send only one for the entire amount. You need to fill up the form at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html and mail it to the Department of State in St Louis, not to KCC. You must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope as well so that they can send you back the stamped form.

As far as other documents are concerned, you do not need to send anything, but perhaps it is good to send at least the DSP-122 form. You do not have to send photographs or the marriage certificate to KCC if you are doing AOS.
There is an exception. Did you enter the lottery as married with your current wife? Is she listed on your entry? If yes, then you are fine. If you got married after you entered the lottery, then you need to inform KCC of your marriage and add your wife to the process. In that case you must send a copy of the marriage certificate and perhaps you should send the DS-230 forms for you and your wife, as well as photographs. Otherwise, just DSP-122 where you mention BCIS at question 4 is enough for AOS. You will send an actual application to USCIS when your number becomes current.

I would say that if your case is not complicated (you have not been out of status, you did not work illegally, you have not been charged with some crime in the past) then you do not need a lawyer for DV cases. Read the DV 2011 AOS Only thread and you will understand the in and outs of the process better than your current lawyer and save some money in the process.

Hi everyone,

I am also a 2012 dv selectee, currently a student in nursing program in the US. My CN is pretty high(they say): EU28XXX, and I am little bit scared reading all the comments posted in internet!!! Many selectees wouldn't receive the green card because the fiscal year ended due to their high numbers....What do you think? The only way I am planning to get my green card is through AOS, because it is impossible for me to go back to my country and doing it with CP. I am not very happy with USCIS becuase when I went there, they told me : NOTHING, except that my number is high!!!!!! Hiring a lawyer is way too much money for my standards...I don't even know how much they charge for AOS. I am usually very optimistic, but now ..not at all... What do you guys think? Thanks..
@liloreta, You can finish the AOS process by the end of the fiscal year even with your case number. Also, you do not need a lawyer if your case is not complicated (and even then it is debatable). Same advice for you, read past years AOS threads (they are stickied) and you will learn a lot about the process. You have a lot of time until your number becomes current to get familiar with the process. Good luck.