• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Hey Amine ,
I have a question ! my wifes number will be current in march too!
?I was curious what is your number ? ours is EU25XXX
I just want to compare !
Mine is EU24XXX, buddy. Hit me up once you decide what to do!

For those of you who got their biometrics done... what code did you have on the top right of the ASC appointment letter?

Was it code 1, 2 or 3? Did you have your pictures taken?

The reason I'm asking is because I got my biometrics appointment with code 1, which means 10 fingerprints but no picture. I had that done but they did not take my picture or signature since my appointment had a code 1 biometricts; only fingerprints. I did not submit applications for AP and/or EAD with my I-485 package, so I'm not sure if that's the reason why I didn't have my picture taken... I'm sure though a picture is needed for the green card, so the fact that my picture was not taken worries me a little bit.

Anyone had the same situation?

For those of you who got their biometrics done... what code did you have on the top right of the ASC appointment letter?

Was it code 1, 2 or 3? Did you have your pictures taken?

The reason I'm asking is because I got my biometrics appointment with code 1, which means 10 fingerprints but no picture. I had that done but they did not take my picture or signature since my appointment had a code 1 biometricts; only fingerprints. I did not submit applications for AP and/or EAD with my I-485 package, so I'm not sure if that's the reason why I didn't have my picture taken... I'm sure though a picture is needed for the green card, so the fact that my picture was not taken worries me a little bit.

Anyone had the same situation?

You would have asked. Any place any time, you suspect things are not done right, you demand explanations.

Question about filing Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.

Hello all,

I'm a student on F1 Visa. I want to send the package as soon as possible, I was current in Jan. and I have all the documents with me. However, I'm a little confused about minor stuff;

1) Do I need to file I-765? If yes, what should I write in fields 'Which USCIS Office? and Date?' and 'Results (Granted or Denied)'? How about '16. Go to Part 2 of the Instructions,...', is it (c)(9)?
2) 'Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization' or/and 'copy of EADs' - I don't work so I don't have these and won't need to submit? Am I right?
3) About financial details. I work as a TA, is it enough to provide the last 6 paysubs without any bank statements?
4) My student Visa is attached to my expired passport. Do I need to provide copies of that (expired) passport as well?

Thanks all

Hello all,

I'm a student on F1 Visa. I want to send the package as soon as possible, I was current in Jan. and I have all the documents with me. However, I'm a little confused about minor stuff;

1) Do I need to file I-765? If yes, what should I write in fields 'Which USCIS Office? and Date?' and 'Results (Granted or Denied)'? How about '16. Go to Part 2 of the Instructions,...', is it (c)(9)?
2) 'Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization' or/and 'copy of EADs' - I don't work so I don't have these and won't need to submit? Am I right?
3) About financial details. I work as a TA, is it enough to provide the last 6 paysubs without any bank statements?
4) My student Visa is attached to my expired passport. Do I need to provide copies of that (expired) passport as well?

Thanks all

Don't worry about 1) and 2). You have never applied for EAD so they don't apply to you.
3) You might have to find a sponsor if you don't make enough. But if you make enough you can send your paystubs without bank statements.
3)Yes you need to provide your non-immigrant visa. Send you current I20(s) as well to show your status.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the reply

Don't worry about 1) and 2). You have never applied for EAD so they don't apply to you.
3) You might have to find a sponsor if you don't make enough. But if you make enough you can send your paystubs without bank statements.
3)Yes you need to provide your non-immigrant visa. Send you current I20(s) as well to show your status.

Hope that helps

This is great. Thanks a lot - I'm just curious though, what is 'enough'?

AOS with F1 visa

Hello, I have a question. Being a F1 student [still have a year to graduate], I do not have a real nice job to show my financial stability. How does this work? Do you guys have any ideas? and Furthermore, if a person with F1 visa had worked off campus for about 2 months [2 years ago], does he have a slightest chance of getting AOS approved?

Wildcatter,

>Was it code 1, 2 or 3? Did you have your pictures taken?

My wife and I got 3. My 4 year old daughter got 2. They took pictures of us.

I also read posts in AOS 2011 that these pictures will be used for green cards.

ps. I do not remember who asked it, but invitation for biometrics came via snail mail.

regards,

Max555

Wildcatter,

>Was it code 1, 2 or 3? Did you have your pictures taken?

My wife and I got 3. My 4 year old daughter got 2. They took pictures of us.

I also read posts in AOS 2011 that these pictures will be used for green cards.

ps. I do not remember who asked it, but invitation for biometrics came via snail mail.

regards,

Max555

Thanks for the reply max555.

Did you apply for EAD with your I-485? I'm thinking maybe I got code 1 biometrics because I didn't apply for EAD. But anyways... I'm not really too worried about this because my interview is coming up soon. So I will inquire about it in the interview.

Hi, I did not apply for EAD. I am currently working with L1 visa. So no need for me to apply for EAD.
Good luck with your interview.

regards

max555

Surprised, may be nervous to be so close...

Today, I got my appointment letter (scheduled for Feb. 2012) I was seriously not expecting it any time soon coz am yet to be current; but at the back of my mind I remember that the instructions say "you MAY not be called for an interview unless a visa number is currently available" but at the same time...I was looking at May-ish there. Well, it is here and sooner than that and that makes me pretty pleasantly surprised but also nervous...not sure how I feel. (mainly nervous coz my number is not current, but they will not call me all that way to tell me that my number is not current. They usually write and reject and so far so good) I sure did not expect this - and TODAY. Equity aids the vigilant...may this come true for me and may the favor of the Lord God continue to accompany goodness and mercy in following me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I got my appointment letter (scheduled for 2/22) I was seriously not expecting it any time soon coz am yet to be current; but at the back of my mind I remember that the instructions say "you MAY not be called for an interview unless a visa number is currently available" but at the same time...I was looking at May-ish there. Well, it is here and sooner than that and that makes me pretty pleasantly surprised but also nervous...not sure how I feel. (mainly nervous coz my number is not current, but they will not call me all that way to tell me that my number is not current. They usually write and reject and so far so good) I sure did not expect this - and TODAY. Equity aids the vigilant...may this come true for me and may the favor of the Lord God continue to accompany goodness and mercy in following me!
Congrats! Good luck on the interview!
When is your number current?

Makeiteasier

That sounds interesting. Good luck with your interview.
Where is your Field Office?

best regards,

Max555@NJ Mount Laurel

So I sent my package earlier this month and I just got it back. Not sure why this 50-day rule stopped working (I'm current in March).