• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

Email from USCIS with title 'USCIS Acceptance Confirmation'

I just got an email from USCIS saying that my application was received and they provided me with the Receipt Number and a link to their website. However, they suggested I wait before I check 'My Case Status' until I receive Form I-797.

What should I do now, should I check or wait? It's weird I never read that there's such a thing?

Good!

I just got an email from USCIS saying that my application was received and they provided me with the Receipt Number and a link to their website. However, they suggested I wait before I check 'My Case Status' until I receive Form I-797.

What should I do now, should I check or wait? It's weird I never read that there's such a thing?

Even if u check earlier, there may be nothing...the system will tell u that the receipt number is invalid. I think they do that so u can wait till they load without anxiety calls. They always do that on the emails...at times I have waited, and other times I didn't even notice that line due to excitement, and when I put in the receipt number or when I tried to add the number to my online USCIS portfolio, it was rejected as invalid. A day or two later, it works! Nothing to worry about my friend.

What the heck, go ahead and check it. What do you expect - a band playing in your honor? All it's going to say is that your file has been received and to stay put until they send you more stuff. All snail mail.

AOS question

I'm F1 student doing AOS and I'm thankful if somebody could confirm me certain steps in the process. I applied for a DV2012 lottery as single, but married in a meanwhile. My wife lives outside of the US and she will claim eligibility based on me and will do CP.

-I have sent DS122 to KCC only for me notifying them that I'll do AOS. I didn't tell them that my marriage status changed so do I need to let them know that and/or file DS122 for my wife although she will do CP, so she will anyway file DS122 and also DS230?
-DV fee of $440 is sometime refereed as DV fee sometime as AOS fee, so do I send $440 to Missouri or $880?
-As for the further steps in a process, I have to file I-824 for me wife and nothing else is different from doing just AOS, right?

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
questions on required documents at interview

Hello

I got invitations for interview. According to the letter, the following documents are required to bring to the interview.

1. I864 (Affidavit of Support)
2. Original docs with certified translation: Birth cirtificates.... Death certificates; Dispositions for all arrest records.

Q1: Regarding affidavit of support, I thought I134 is sufficient for DV winners. Do I need to prepare I864?
Q2: What kinds of death certificates they are referring to? My wife's father passed away more than 10 years ago.
Is this relevant?
I do not have any arrest records. Should I get any official documents from my countries' police?

regards,

max555

If relevant

Hello

I got invitations for interview. According to the letter, the following documents are required to bring to the interview.

1. I864 (Affidavit of Support)
2. Original docs with certified translation: Birth cirtificates.... Death certificates; Dispositions for all arrest records.

Q1: Regarding affidavit of support, I thought I134 is sufficient for DV winners. Do I need to prepare I864?
Q2: What kinds of death certificates they are referring to? My wife's father passed away more than 10 years ago.
Is this relevant?
I do not have any arrest records. Should I get any official documents from my countries' police?

regards,

max555

There was a form that we filled up somewhere along the journey with details of our parents with their dates of birth etc, if you remember. May be if you have your dad's death certificate, it might be better to carry with you in case they ask. (always better to have more than required than less of it).

File Transfer from KCC

For those who have had their files transferred from KCC, how did you know that they were transferred?

I called KCC this morning and they told me that the file will be transferred when "they" ask for it, and they have not. I then called the number at the bottom of my interview notice, and they did not even ask for identification verification or case number or anything. I told them that that have an interview coming up in less than a month for AoS, and I have learned from KCC that the file has not been transferred...before I continued, he asked me the basis, and I told him DV2012 - and he cut me short to tell me that I would need to contact the Department of State directly, not USCIS. He gave me www.state.gov :rolleyes: to contact them.

Now, I feel so confused! I dont even know who is processing this thing now based on the information!

makeiteasier

Thanks, makeiteasier.
I did INFOPASS today. An officer said... "If some required documents do not apply to you, you will
explain it to your officer at the time of interview."

She did not say "You will be fine not providing some of the documents."

I think I will be fine if I do not provide criminal records, since we have not committed any crime.
(It may take more than 1 month to get criminal records. So, I anyway can not bring it to the interview.)

I am wondering about Affidavit of Support, Death certificate, and marriage certificate.

I included marriage certificate with my I485. It was issued in Aug 2011.
I am not sure, but in case they request recent proof of our marriage, I may need to
get another certificate....

hmmmm.. lots of tasks...

regards,

max555

For those who have had their files transferred from KCC, how did you know that they were transferred?

I called KCC this morning and they told me that the file will be transferred when "they" ask for it, and they have not. I then called the number at the bottom of my interview notice, and they did not even ask for identification verification or case number or anything. I told them that that have an interview coming up in less than a month for AoS, and I have learned from KCC that the file has not been transferred...before I continued, he asked me the basis, and I told him DV2012 - and he cut me short to tell me that I would need to contact the Department of State directly, not USCIS. He gave me www.state.gov :rolleyes: to contact them.

Now, I feel so confused! I dont even know who is processing this thing now based on the information!

I know I've read something similar here but I can't find the post right now. Somebody had the interview and at the end when he/she asked how long until the card is ready, the officer answered: as soon as we receive your file (I guess from KCC).

At least that's what I remember. Good luck.

Grrr!

I know I've read something similar here but I can't find the post right now. Somebody had the interview and at the end when he/she asked how long until the card is ready, the officer answered: as soon as we receive your file (I guess from KCC).

At least that's what I remember. Good luck.
I think I have read something like that too. So I might be going there...then wait for some weeks/months till my file is received.

I called again, and this time got a lady who knew what she was talking about! (Oh! The man I spoke with before threw me off - everything I thought I knew went off! That's the power of authority, and sad when someone in authority just gives incorrect information :( ) Anyhow, she told me that for them to have scheduled an interview (FO) they must have also requested for my file. Since I did not file with FO, but Chicago lockbox etc, my file must have reached them OR the IO who set my interview should have requested for my file too. While this makes perfect sense, I know that I have seen someone go for interview, approved and wait for file...so not sure. Guess I need to cultivate my virtues straight...patience being the top on the list!

When should i send?

HI FRIENDS ,
this me again
as i read on USCIS webpage i think i'll be appear at this month,i almost finish my documents but i still have opne thing to do (translate my high school diploma)but i'm still about sending day of documents and i think i'll send them this week but i don't know how i can learn my interview date ?when i send my documents they are going to call me for interview date ?
thanks guys

2012eu00021xxx (md)

07/15/11 1st NL on the web

07/30/11 Sent DSP-122, DS-230, and Photos to KCC

12/20/11 finally send the fee )

01/12/12 appointment for medicial examination

01/14/12 got the bio
02/01/12 will send i-485 form

HI FRIENDS ,
this me again
........ i don't know how i can learn my interview date ?when i send my documents they are going to call me for interview date ?
thanks guys ...................

mail (snail mail)

Kind Request here...

I have a kind request for DV2012 AOS Only forumites...I think it is reasonable.

Since we are all here to learn from each other's experiences, nudge each other with reminders (in case one is too excited to read all the instructions...), understand the process from real computer life experiences etc...I think it would be nice to have signatures with timelines on what is happening to each of our cases. That way, when anxiety kicks in on someone, they can look and see that no one was done for this or that within 2 days or something like that. Not that any case will ever be the same for two people, or any interview will be the same for two individuals but I think it helps to see each other's signatures. When I go to like DV2011 AOS only forum, those signatures are really helpful...

What do you think ladies and gentlemen?

makeiteasier, your inbox is full so I am going to answer your question here.
Your letter sounds reasonable to me.
It is more than one year since I've read my interview letter, and this is the only document that I've not made a copy of. I cannot tell you if the text was exactly the same. Sometime they vary because in most cases the interview letters are sent by the individual field offices, not by the NBC office.

I think I have read something like that too. So I might be going there...then wait for some weeks/months till my file is received.

I called again, and this time got a lady who knew what she was talking about! (Oh! The man I spoke with before threw me off - everything I thought I knew went off! That's the power of authority, and sad when someone in authority just gives incorrect information :( ) Anyhow, she told me that for them to have scheduled an interview (FO) they must have also requested for my file. Since I did not file with FO, but Chicago lockbox etc, my file must have reached them OR the IO who set my interview should have requested for my file too. While this makes perfect sense, I know that I have seen someone go for interview, approved and wait for file...so not sure. Guess I need to cultivate my virtues straight...patience being the top on the list!

I am going to also answer this post of yours.
Each DV applicant has two files. One is the I-485 package that you submitted to Chicago. This file is first forwarded to NBC which sends the biometrics appointments and then the file is forwarded to your local field office. The lady on the phone was thinking of this file.

There is also a KCC file which includes your lottery application and the notification for winning the lottery (and the IO needs this proof before they can approve your case), as well as the DSP-122 and DS-230 in case that you have submitted them.
The IO will need to wait for this second file before they can approve your GC. Many times they request the file before the interview, but in some cases they realize that they have to request it only during the interview. There are relatively few DV AOS cases, so some IOs do not have experience with them. KCC cannot send the file without a request from the FO, so the IO needs to request it first.
However, in the worst case it just delays your approval. This can be a problem only if your number becomes current at the end of the fiscal year.

Misterno7, you have to notify KCC about your change of status.
You also have to send a new DSP-122 and the DS230 for your wife. These forms are absolutely required for CP cases.
You only pay the $440 fee for you. Your wife will pay the fee at the embassy before her interview.

You do not have time to waste. What is your case number? You want to do an AOS and then do a follow to join CP case for your wife. These things take time. If the case number is large, you might as well go home and do CP together because you will not have time to do them sequentially.
Contact KCC and inform them of your status change. Send the forms and attach a copy of the marriage certificate as well.

You should read perhaps the DV AOS 2011 and/or 2010 threads. They have a lot of information even though they are primarily focused on AOS, not on CP cases.

I'm F1 student doing AOS and I'm thankful if somebody could confirm me certain steps in the process. I applied for a DV2012 lottery as single, but married in a meanwhile. My wife lives outside of the US and she will claim eligibility based on me and will do CP.

-I have sent DS122 to KCC only for me notifying them that I'll do AOS. I didn't tell them that my marriage status changed so do I need to let them know that and/or file DS122 for my wife although she will do CP, so she will anyway file DS122 and also DS230?
-DV fee of $440 is sometime refereed as DV fee sometime as AOS fee, so do I send $440 to Missouri or $880?
-As for the further steps in a process, I have to file I-824 for me wife and nothing else is different from doing just AOS, right?

Any help is appreciated!

Interview Letter

Let me ask the house this question:
For those who have received their interview letters, what's the reason for interview? Mine says "I485 - Application to Adjust Status/DV Case" I heard that some say "Completion of I485-Application to Adjust Status/DV Case"

File transfer to FO from KCC

I am going to also answer this post of yours.
Each DV applicant has two files. One is the I-485 package that you submitted to Chicago. This file is first forwarded to NBC which sends the biometrics appointments and then the file is forwarded to your local field office. The lady on the phone was thinking of this file.

There is also a KCC file which includes your lottery application and the notification for winning the lottery (and the IO needs this proof before they can approve your case), as well as the DSP-122 and DS-230 in case that you have submitted them.
The IO will need to wait for this second file before they can approve your GC. Many times they request the file before the interview, but in some cases they realize that they have to request it only during the interview. There are relatively few DV AOS cases, so some IOs do not have experience with them. KCC cannot send the file without a request from the FO, so the IO needs to request it first.
However, in the worst case it just delays your approval. This can be a problem only if your number becomes current at the end of the fiscal year.

Let me guess...or may be am being negative spirited. THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO WHEN FILE HAS NOT BEEN TRANSFERRED, RIGHT? :( :(:(