• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 AOS Only

It seems like in my case there was a problem with the the selection letter from Department of State.
Does anyone know what it looks like? All I have is that webpage confirmation that starts with:
"You are among those randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa"

Is that it? Did you guys get any letters (not emails) from DOS?

I'm really confused

They probably made a mistake...when you visit that link where we checked status, do you still see your selection letter? I would print and do an infopass asap so that I can get answers. Also I would contact KCC with my confirmation number and speak with someone about the letter, and let them confirm. Is your on line selection notice dated May 1, or July 15th?

July, 15th.
I went to that page - confirmation still there, I printed it out.
How can I use infopass here?

Also here's the message when I check status online:

On January 20, 2012, we determined that this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was not properly filed. Therefore, we have rejected your case and returned it back to you, including all supporting materials and any fee submitted. Please review the instructions on the rejection notice you received prior to re-submitting your case.

Question on documents...for interview

I noticed on the list attached to interview appt, that they want the original stamped receipt for DV fee paid to KCC. I DO NOT have that. I sent it with the AOS package...and am wondering how to go about it.

Any suggestions?
(Of course they know that they have it, but with these things...if they ASK for it, they WANT it...if the IO I meet insists on that...there is nothing I can do but comply to impossible)

Hi isalmon,

So I believe that since you are current in march, you should wait until February 1rst or late to send your package. A lot of people tried to send their application as soon as their number was in "advance notification" and got rejected.
I would still do an Infopass but i am pretty sure that you they believe that you filed "too early".

I noticed on the list attached to interview appt, that they want the original stamped receipt for DV fee paid to KCC. I DO NOT have that. I sent it with the AOS package...and am wondering how to go about it.

Any suggestions?
(Of course they know that they have it, but with these things...if they ASK for it, they WANT it...if the IO I meet insists on that...there is nothing I can do but comply to impossible)

I suggest you call KCC and ask for a duplicate. I assume you have a copy of it though. I don't see why that wouldn't be good, but ...