• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

bentlebee, well of course—I can only imagine how many of those who win become irresolute when they actually realize what hurdles they have to overcome and probably many of them give up (maybe that's one of the reasons why so high CNs have been processed for the DV-2010). It also seems right to think that those people actually take away someone's dream, but I believe that everyone has a predetermined path in life and I'd be happy if at the end of that path is also a revelation of the whole purpose of the particular life-path we were given, so if that is true than nobody can take away what was meant for you.
On the other hand, thinking completely realistically and considering the current economic situation in the U.S. what if the winning in this lottery would in fact represent the start of your worst nightmare considering what you might encounter when you start struggling to make a livinig in a completely different society. So there are many sides of the coin for those who like to ponder on many different scenarios, but I think that that is just a waste of time and what we should really do is relax and accept everything that life throws at us because that's our life's scenario, and who actually wrote that scenario is a big question that I'd be happy to find out maybe when this life ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks USA! But its my 4th attempt too...lol Soo I definitely UNDERSTAND WHERE U COME FROM!!!
And I know that if I win my entire neighboring will hear me screeming ! and I already bet with my best friend that the day I ll win I will pay him a trip to Vegas lol!!
Dont give up even if and I understand coz Im the same position, sometimes where it just seems like IMPOSSIBLE !!! and we just r soo tired of applying and nothing and never getting nothing from any lottery or dont have any kind of luck in life...specially when we want something sooo bad! and see that some people applied like for 18years ITS SCARY !!!! And sometimes I just say WHy not me, if some people got this NL, and if it means to be I will get IT !!!
Thats why I think this thread is awesome ....it keeps everyone spirits up !! Which is really good !!!
U have to apply apply & apply again (in case U dont win)!! One day will be the goood one!! And this year might be the One !!
And if u dont scream this day of Happiness! I will FOR U !!!lol....But Im sure u will !!! LOL
And like u said What is mean to be will be !!!

Im sure Bentlebee U r in the best position to tell us that !! LOl about finding the Letter
But I think for people like us who r waiting for years and trying to learn as much as possible about this lottery in all the aspects (financialy, moving far away, socialy, culture...), we all R clearly want this GC for all those reasons and more...

About people who comes back to their original country after having tried to have a better life in the US and failed after seeing that life in USA is not a fairytale..
I think it s fair, for them and us to try, and if they cant stay in the US (for differents reasons that I can really understand being french and having all my family in North Africa, some tried to come in France but for really good reasons they got back to Africa...U cant Judge them for that!!) they r still free to do whatever to be happy, Life is about to take risks!!!!!, and sometimes u think its like this ..but its not !...the chance to get a 1st NL has nothing to do with them, they ve tried and failed (for me it s not "failed" but just not being happy), if god wants u to get it u will .... and u got it ....!!! And I sure alot of people have decide since to go back to their country...
I dont think we have to blame them or give them advices coz they have to see what is US and be far from his family by themself to actually understand and feel what is it!

I feel this week sucks !!lol coz I know it still stay at least a week before we hear maybe someone getting the 1 st NL....lol
But we have to be optimistic !!LOL

Wish and still pray for everybody to Get IT this YEAR!!!!!

America here I come, or should I say here we come? Anyways, I wish you guys all the best.
I entered for DV-2011 and I am eagerly expecting my NL and the scripture say the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

THANKKKSSSSS BRAVEHEART123!!!!
LOl u did good to come on this Threat we all r soo impatient lol!!
Is That your 1st attempt ??

Hello guys,

Just joined the forum, as you guys, I am so excited and anxious at the same time because it's March 2010 ....> first NL to arrive soon!! I am already in US, my region is Europe. I check my mailbox everyday as usual...I hope that we will hear some good news on this forum soon! Will keep you posted. Good luck everyone!

Hello, I am new to this forum, but i had read your posts on DV 2011.

It is my 4th time when I apply, and I realy hope to receive the good news. I understand your emotions regarding the lottery and wish you will all receive the DV envelope this spring!

I checked my photo from the past 3 years, and they where wrong on head proportions, so I had no chance, and I found out this just last autumn before applying again, this time my photo is good, and I am so waiting ... :)

Hi Katerine!! Welcome to this thread!!!
it s soo funny!!! It happened to me the exact same thing and for 3 years too and I just discovered it like 3 months ago...lol except that all the pic was wrong in every way ! head position, hair , face, lights... With which company have u applied before & where u from??I applyied with France SERVICE horrible !!!!! This year I ve check my pic like a 1000times LOL ....
Thank you !!
Think u never get better that by urself ...lol
WISH UUUU GGGOOD LUCK for this year !!!!!The envelop might be soon in your mailbox!!!!
Cheerss!!

bentlebee, well of course—I can only imagine how many of those who win become irresolute when they actually realize what hurdles they have to overcome and probably many of them give up (maybe that's one of the reasons why so high CNs have been processed for the DV-2010). It also seems right to think that those people actually take away someone's dream, but I believe that everyone has a predetermined path in life and I'd be happy if at the end of that path is also a revelation of the whole purpose of the particular life-path we were given, so if that is true than nobody can take away what was meant for you.
On the other hand, thinking completely realistically and considering the current economic situation in the U.S. what if the winning in this lottery would in fact represent the start of your worst nightmare considering what you might encounter when you start struggling to make a livinig in a completely different society. So there are many sides of the coin for those who like to ponder on many different scenarios, but I think that that is just a waste of time and what we should really do is relax and accept everything that life throws at us because that's our life's scenario, and who actually wrote that scenario is a big question that I'd be happy to find out maybe when this life ends.

Free Will Vs Determinism ?? What happen to us in this life is the result of our choices or God's will ?? I guess there will always be a dual opinion on this matter from religious or philosopical perspectives....If we generally consider the US as one of the best envirronmement where a human being can achieve socio-professional success then a GC is definitely a ticket for a better life. People can consider it as a reward because they applied to the lottery Vs those who did not (Free will) Could be considered as a reward from God because they have been drawn Vs those who were not (determinism) ...The aftermath of moving out to the USA could be positive or negative. In both cases we don't know it in advance so at one point in a time someone has to make a critical choice ! Some will say, I will rely on God and go. Others will tell you, if I don't go I will never know !...

Thank you, Diafa for your good words. I am from Moldova, an East Europe Country. It is really funny (and sad, probably the same time) that you had the same thing with the pics.
I have no one to blame for my 3 failures but me , I applied directly, but it just seems that I didn't had the patience to read more carrefully the photo instructions, only last year I learned them :) by heart, and like you did, I also checked my photo many many times, even with the yardstick. :))

Good Luck Diafa, I really hope you will win the DV Lottery this year! Because your are nice and deserved...and probably like many of us...just really want it!

In God We Trust.

Hello everyone,
Diafa, how are u doing? Av been very busy lately due to that problem i told u i had with my fiancee.
We are all still hoping and praying for the same thing i guess. May the good lord crown our effort this year. Hope to year good news sooner or later...
Cheers everyone!

Just been to the mail box today and all it held was my phone account :( I am so excited and nervous at the same time and I so hope that in my case it will be 5th time lucky! I am so sick of the crime here in SA. Four men walked into our offices this afternoon and walked out with my brother-in-laws laptop. They were really smart and really brazen - each one kept somebody in the office busy so we wouldn't see what they were up to. I am just grateful they weren't armed, like they usually are here. They shoot first and ask questions later, even for 20 bucks in your wallet! I just hope they don't come back for the other computers.
This is our year people, let's be positive! Good luck to all. :):)

Thank you, Diafa for your good words. I am from Moldova, an East Europe Country. It is really funny (and sad, probably the same time) that you had the same thing with the pics.
I have no one to blame for my 3 failures but me , I applied directly, but it just seems that I didn't had the patience to read more carrefully the photo instructions, only last year I learned them :) by heart, and like you did, I also checked my photo many many times, even with the yardstick. :))

Good Luck Diafa, I really hope you will win the DV Lottery this year! Because your are nice and deserved...and probably like many of us...just really want it!

In God We Trust.

Good Luck, Katerine. I know how it feels to freak out about your photos. I nearly pulled all my hair out trying to get the perfect shot and I also over-analysed the instructions, so I hope mine are right too. Only time will tell so we have to be patient and have faith. :)

hi every1, there seem to be a strong bond among members of dv11!@diafa,cud u believe that i'v checked out my pics for over 2000times lol. u guys r just gr8.let keep our hopes & dreams alife no matter d outcome.cheers & i love u all

Hey All,
This is my first time applying for the DV lottery . We are really counting the days to get some news about it.

neilfed

10/1/2009 Entered the lottery .

HI EVERYBODY !! & Welcome to all NEW People !!!

@Katerine : Thank youuuu ssooo much !!! We r all in the same boat and really wish u the best, I know that East Europe is kind of rough right now, and I really wish u all the best !!!

@LMSA: I was shocked when i read your post, That is soo sad that in this world in 2010 people r still acting like this its such a shame!!
I have a Huge thought for U !!! I really hope U ll make it (get the 1st NL) as soon as possible , and get the Green Card and dont have to experience that anymore, This world is tough but U still have to be string and have faith !!!! We all will celebrate with u soon!!!! Keep it Up !!!

@Ovicity : Im good, trying to stay calm LOL but good, we obviously have to be good ...lol even if its tough sometimes....!!! Times goes fast thats all I want right now, to get rid of this month "march" to start to hear good news, and people being Happy, and to share with everyone!!!!
I know it s each of us have a lot and good reasons to go to US...all stories are rough and really r touching me !!!
How r you ??? How have you been lately??? I ve seen in last year thread that a guy from Ghana have won last year and received the 1st NL on the 31st MArch and the NL was dated on the 19th March so I think in 10 days everybody will be happy for someone!!!! lol
give some news on your situation, if someone can help u !!!! And I m sure even if u made in the 1st entry your fiancee as your wife, Im sure u can just say it was a mistake we plan on being married soon after having made my entry but life made it differently...Its not like u want to add someone...
Cheers Ovicity !!! Everything will be ok soon !!!!!

@Cusera : This thread is AWESOME!!!! U R RIGHT!!! LOL
People here R reallllyyyyy GREAT !!! I reallyy do love and Enjoy to talk to u guys!!!!

I said to my mum that I ve found PEOPLE like me and she told ooohhh thats why i see u on u r laptop smiling alone !!!lol
U GUYS really do put a huge smile on my face every day !!! THAKKKK UUU SOOO MUCH !!!!
It s hard to explain and find people who share the same dream " THE US" ...Nobody here understand me why I put so much time and pressure on myself for the US...
IGuess they will never understand !!
Finding people who can just understands me It s really a relief !!!
SOOO THANxxxxxxssss a lot EVERYBODY !!!!!

CHHEERRRRSSSS EVRYONE!!!!!!!

2nd October 2009 : Entered DV-2011 ( I couldnt wait soo played the 1st day LOL!!)

Hey All,
This is my first time applying for the DV lottery . We are really counting the days to get some news about it.

neilfed

10/1/2009 Entered the lottery .

welcome for sharing the dream with us... it is the first time for me too. also counting days. i think we all do..

welcome for sharing the dream with us... it is the first time for me too. also counting days. i think we all do..

I love the zeal and determination in this forum, you guys must recieve good news very soon.

One love