• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2011 Winners Report Here!

Thanks for the quick reply, October sounds great, I thought they wouldn't get it till later or maybe next year...and they are from Romania.
Once again thanks, and I'll make sure I post their interview experience.

I took my family photos with my own digital camera and adjusted them using the photoshop. What I changed in my photos is crop it and change the resolution according to the requirements. BUT I am not a good photographer or a photoshop expert . In addition I could later notice a slight shadow behind my picture.

This is my experience, but best thing is, as sothers sugest, find a good photographer.
Who knows my CN is very high because of my photo. :confused:

Thanks for answering my question...I've been doing my own photo and it is soo frustrating because I'm no expert either. I'll look for a photographer who can do the job..
Thanks..Good luck!

Thanks for answering my question...I've been doing my own photo and it is soo frustrating because I'm no expert either. I'll look for a photographer who can do the job..
Thanks..Good luck!

Hi sonibago,

Your battle has already been fought by him long even before you were born. Your hope of being a winner
in the DV lottery will not be in vain. Just make sure you meets the photo requirements and leave the rest for
HIM to work it out. You may just be next time lucky. Those of us who were selected did nothing special
just that luck was on our side. Selection is based on luck and your luck could shine comes DV 2012

All the best....

Hi sonibago,

Your battle has already been fought by him long even before you were born. Your hope of being a winner
in the DV lottery will not be in vain. Just make sure you meets the photo requirements and leave the rest for
HIM to work it out. You may just be next time lucky. Those of us who were selected did nothing special
just that luck was on our side. Selection is based on luck and your luck could shine comes DV 2012

All the best....

Thanks for your kind remarks Donsino. All the best to you on July 29th!.

Hi

Guys do you think I'll have an issue since I plan to send back the requested filled forms + photos (reply to the NL) around September?

Since I didn't yet make my mind whether to go further or not?

What I mean is how urgent it is to reply?

Thank you for all your inputs in advance

Hi

Guys do you think I'll have an issue since I plan to send back the requested filled forms + photos (reply to the NL) around September?

Since I didn't yet make my mind whether to go further or not?

What I mean is how urgent it is to reply?

Thank you for all your inputs in advance

It's not a problem if you send it in september 2010, technically you got until next year august 2011 to send it back, but remember that there is a limited number of available visas, so the sooner always gonna be the better,
Plus your CN is quite high so you will be current around may or june 2011, so I would say that sending the form back in september 2010 isn't an issue.
I saw other threads about people who sent it in january the next year and they still got time to get a visa... but things could be diferent this year, we never know.

Hey friends...

how long is too long to wait to here back for your interview notification? I sent my info back to KCC about 6 wks ago - and haven't heard anything yet....

am kinda confused here, after one sends the DSP back to KCC, how long after that should they wait for confirmation letter or 2nd NL?

Hello Donsino;
Wish you the best of luck in ur coming interveiw. I have a question for you: The Visa bulliten for this month July 2010 says that the cut off number for Afria is 54,100 except Egypt, Nigeria and Ethiopia. The only case that ur interveiw date suits your case number is thatyou are from Ethiopia. If you are not, Do you have any explanation??
Thanx a lot
and Best Wishes again.

Thanx Dosino;
Now I know that you are from Nigeria (an older post). Still I have the same question. According to the Visa bulliten, maybe u should already had your interveiw 5 months ago or about....

Thanx Dosino;
Now I know that you are from Nigeria (an older post). Still I have the same question. According to the Visa bulliten, maybe u should already had your interveiw 5 months ago or about....

Hi Stingmusic,

Congrats on ur winning of the DV lottery and thanks for your kind remarks.
It seems u are a bit confused with the case number issue. Lets say july bulletin for Africa is 30,000 and for Nigeria is 12,000. This means that everyone whose case number falls below the range of 30,000 in Africa is current for july and everyone in Nigeria whose case number falls below the 12,000 mark will be current for july. The release of Nigeria bulletin for july is 18,500 and as u can see below my signature my case number falls below that range, hence, the reason I am current for july. If I would have been current 5 months ago like u stressed it then means my case number should have been below the 12,000 mark. Like u also stressed Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt is listed separately in the visa bulletin from Africa. Hope this helps

Welcome to the house and all the best.........

Hey friends...

how long is too long to wait to here back for your interview notification? I sent my info back to KCC about 6 wks ago - and haven't heard anything yet....

Since your case number is low, you might gonna receive your 2NL around end of august/september 2010....
You could email the KCC in september if you didn't receive nothin by then, to ask them when your interview is, they will send you back the details,
For now the only thing you can do is WAIT and get your documents for interview.

am kinda confused here, after one sends the DSP back to KCC, how long after that should they wait for confirmation letter or 2nd NL?

If you send your CN number we might be able to tell you (from the past VISA bulletin) when your interview's gonna be. (which month)
The KCC won't send you a confirmation letter, but you can email them (with CN, name, DOB) to ask them to confirm the receipt of your documents.

They will only send you the 2NL about 4-6 weeks before your interview, and it all depends on your case number and your country or chargeability.

Thanks for the quick reply, October sounds great, I thought they wouldn't get it till later or maybe next year...and they are from Romania.
Once again thanks, and I'll make sure I post their interview experience.

Could you tell the city from Romania? I'm from Cluj.....

Dear All,
I am a DV 2011 winner, and congratulation to all who have won too :)..happy for you..My question is , i am in an F-1 visa status now and i have already got my 2NL and am about to file my I-485 (have not filed it yet) , before filing my I 485..i was trying to visit my sister in ireland but am really confused if i should travel and if there is a risk while returning to the US. Since i have shown immigration intention ..that could really get me in trouble wouldn't it? Please reply
CN: 2011ASxxx16xxx
5/25/10 - 1st NL
6/13/10 - Sent DSP-122 + 2 photos + Barcode to KCC
6/17/10 - Delivery Confirmation
7/18/10 - 2nd NL

Thank you for your clear answer. Mmm you're from Paris? I'm from Algeria (Kabylie) and lived in Paris for many years. It's a great city, though living there is so expensive and I couldn't rent a suitable flat... So I moved to Montreal couple years ago and expenses here are lower. Due to less harsh weather conditions and less costly commodities than in Canada I'm thinking of moving to USA.
Good luck in your endeavours.

It's not a problem if you send it in september 2010, technically you got until next year august 2011 to send it back, but remember that there is a limited number of available visas, so the sooner always gonna be the better,
Plus your CN is quite high so you will be current around may or june 2011, so I would say that sending the form back in september 2010 isn't an issue.
I saw other threads about people who sent it in january the next year and they still got time to get a visa... but things could be diferent this year, we never know.

Thank you for your clear answer. Mmm you're from Paris? I'm from Algeria (Kabylie) and lived in Paris for many years. It's a great city, though living there is so expensive and I couldn't rent a suitable flat... So I moved to Montreal couple years ago and expenses here are lower. Due to less harsh weather conditions and less costly commodities than in Canada I'm thinking of moving to USA.
Good luck in your endeavours.

Hello!
Im not from Paris!! :) I was born in Guadeloupe (that makes me french) and I grew up in Montreal (makes me Canadian lol)!! I was there till 2008, then I moved in Atlanta for a year, And now Im in London, UK :)
Indeed montreal is a nice city, but I totally fell in love with Atlanta! People back there are so nice and life is so cheap!